First Name
Jeff Knapp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Elevator mechanic
See attached. On the third line where it says CIP, the software on your truck is from 3/18/2021 which is the same date your truck was built at the factory. Your truck has never recorded an OTA and is on Sync 20301 which is faulty software from 2020 known to break the OTA process.

Picture4.png
Do they look you right in the eye when they say that to you?

I always wonder if THEY perhaps believe that they are telling you the truth? I mean, MAYBE they really don't have a clue how any of this works?

Regardless of the reason they say such things, it's an abysmal state of affairs at the typical dealership right now. The disconnect between the manufacturer and the factory service representative is vast.
Yes, they do. I believe they just don't want to fool with it.
Sponsored

skylinef150

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Project Manager
Hi and thanks in advance for any help/information. My truck recently had what the dealership called a "corrupted APIM." It would not load correctly into the truck and was locked out of OTA. When I got the truck back from the dealership I got a FDRS license and tried updating modules. I spent about 9 hours updating different things- but could not get anywhere with the APIM.

Yesterday the dealership installed the long awaited third APIM, said congratulations, and gave it back to me. But it seems to be behind still as far as sync versions/ updates go.

Software Version: 22125_PRODUCT
Revision: 248

VIN: 1FTFW1E85MFB77188

Could anyone offer me some insight into if there is any update waiting for me if I were to get another 2-day license to try and update?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi and thanks in advance for any help/information. My truck recently had what the dealership called a "corrupted APIM." It would not load correctly into the truck and was locked out of OTA. When I got the truck back from the dealership I got a FDRS license and tried updating modules. I spent about 9 hours updating different things- but could not get anywhere with the APIM.

Yesterday the dealership installed the long awaited third APIM, said congratulations, and gave it back to me. But it seems to be behind still as far as sync versions/ updates go.

Could anyone offer me some insight into if there is any update waiting for me if I were to get another 2-day license to try and update?
They tried to PMI the APIM twice and both attempts failed. I am not sure if the APIM is configured properly on your truck. Maybe @Jesse-Infotainment can provide more info.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Can you post a pic of the ABOUT sync screen.. what I see shows you are at 21146 which would be correct.

If you are at 22125 then you have a ig problem

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

skylinef150

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Project Manager
I am going to send you an update. You need to install it ASAP.. If you leave it at that youll be screwed indefinitely
Thank you, that is very much appreciated. Will I need to use my laptop for that or will it be USB?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you, that is very much appreciated. Will I need to use my laptop for that or will it be USB?
USB formatted to exFAT. Once you get to Sync 22146, then a two-day license and some more hours of updates should get you up to date. It may be one of these updates where you have to leave the USB in your truck for what can be a while before it kicks off and installs. I'm sure Jesse will elaborate on that when he sends you the update files. I would not get the license just yet.

@Jesse-Infotainment PTS shows his Sync info in blank. Where did you see 22146?

Btw: His truck has 3.55 gears and the value in that BCM block on his truck is 0163. You were right, and it does seem to be that simple to adjust.

skylinef150

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Project Manager
USB formatted to exFAT. Once you get to Sync 22146, then a two-day license and some more hours of updates should get you up to date. It may be one of these updates where you have to leave the USB in your truck for what can be a while before it kicks off and installs. I'm sure Jesse will elaborate on that when he sends you the update files. I would not get the license just yet.

@Jesse-Infotainment PTS shows his Sync info in blank. Where did you see 22146?

Btw: His truck has 3.55 gears and the value in that BCM block on his truck is 0163. You were right, and it does seem to be that simple to adjust.
Thanks to both of you. I got the files downloaded to a usb formatted exfat and started the process as directed. It detected the update and then said "updating" for awhile. I walked away while it ran and checked in a little later. Notice said "3 update failed."

I'll take the advice to leave the usb in for an extended period of time. I am also downloading the zip file again to make sure it all downloaded correctly.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks to both of you. I got the files downloaded to a usb formatted exfat and started the process as directed. It detected the update and then said "updating" for awhile. I walked away while it ran and checked in a little later. Notice said "3 update failed."

I'll take the advice to leave the usb in for an extended period of time. I am also downloading the zip file again to make sure it all downloaded correctly.
Well, if it said update failed, then I don't think it is an issue of leaving it there for an extended period. I would just continue the convo with Jesse in private at this point. He's the guru that can help you out.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Yeah If you got that then you have an issue. That is probably why the dealer gave up.

If you wanted to I could swap the APIM out for you to one that is at t he current level that you need it at. Otherwise youll have to fight with the dealer..

Jknapp1

First Name
Jeff Knapp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Elevator mechanic
See attached. On the third line where it says CIP, the software on your truck is from 3/18/2021 which is the same date your truck was built at the factory. Your truck has never recorded an OTA and is on Sync 20301 which is faulty software from 2020 known to break the OTA process.

Picture4.png

Picture4.png
Would it be possible for you to give me a pending module updates list?

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
Would it be possible for you to give me a pending module updates list?
i dont have a current license, but im sure someone can pull this list for you. i bet you have a grip of them having never received an OTA. wonder if your truck can be cured by that tsb with the multi module repair.
Sponsored