Sponsored

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Using the 7.2kw propower to power our Bambi 16RB with no shore power for 2 days. A few quick observations/comments:

1 - when in generator mode the tow mirrors don’t fold after locking

2 - I thought I turned everything off, AC, radio, etc...forgot ACC lights were manually on so as night came I was wondering why are those lights on...remember the truck Is basically on so whatever you leave on or plugged in is powered up or charging

3 - when it kicks in to charge the battery it’s quieter than most generators even the Honda 2000 that I can hear several sites down

4 -both lcds stay on the whole time...you can dim accordingly I’m guessing...a few pics below

5 - the Bambi has one dometic AC rated at 13500 BTU. When the compressor kicks in the propower display shows its using 1500- watts on circuit B

6 - about 30mins into using propower it cutoff and said power exceeded...nothing else on except AC and fridge. When I went to turn it back on it kept saying power exceeded. So I turned off AC and started all over...4 hrs later no issues...not sure if the dometic sometimes draws that much to exceed the 3.6Kw...but could happen I guess...I could install and easy start but not sure I want to mess with it since the Bambi is fairly new.

I’ll add more observations tomorrow if any come up. If anyone wants me to try anything or has a question let me know.
Ford F-150 Report from using 7.2kw ProPower generator at campsite without shore power 3E8C9637-4516-4C8A-A1BF-8D7AF0FCB173

Ford F-150 Report from using 7.2kw ProPower generator at campsite without shore power F2418950-950A-4BEE-B5EB-CB1A52B153C9
Ford F-150 Report from using 7.2kw ProPower generator at campsite without shore power 347B43F2-C36C-41E7-BEC7-20832F5C2869
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Nice report!

You can turn off the sync screen by clicking the icon in the top right of the screen, I think it either called calm or night mode? I don't remember but it works.

Is water heater electric? Mine is dual elec+gas and on elec it was 1200 watts. I wonder if yours ran in the background unbeknownst to you,when the AC compressor kicked on...

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Using the 7.2kw propower to power our Bambi 16RB with no shore power for 2 days. A few quick observations/comments:

1 - when in generator mode the tow mirrors don’t fold after locking

2 - I thought I turned everything off, AC, radio, etc...forgot ACC lights were manually on so as night came I was wondering why are those lights on...remember the truck Is basically on so whatever you leave on or plugged in is powered up or charging

3 - when it kicks in to charge the battery it’s quieter than most generators even the Honda 2000 that I can hear several sites down

4 -both lcds stay on the whole time...you can dim accordingly I’m guessing...a few pics below

5 - the Bambi has one dometic AC rated at 13500 BTU. When the compressor kicks in the propower display shows its using 1500- watts on circuit B

6 - about 30mins into using propower it cutoff and said power exceeded...nothing else on except AC and fridge. When I went to turn it back on it kept saying power exceeded. So I turned off AC and started all over...4 hrs later no issues...not sure if the dometic sometimes draws that much to exceed the 3.6Kw...but could happen I guess...I could install and easy start but not sure I want to mess with it since the Bambi is fairly new.

I’ll add more observations tomorrow if any come up. If anyone wants me to try anything or has a question let me know.
3E8C9637-4516-4C8A-A1BF-8D7AF0FCB173.jpeg

F2418950-950A-4BEE-B5EB-CB1A52B153C9.jpeg
347B43F2-C36C-41E7-BEC7-20832F5C2869.png
Great observations and feedback. I used my power washer on my 7.2 and it kicked off once. After a restart it worked great.

Sponsored

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Wouldn’t think they put water heater and ac on the same leg? Those are probably by far the two biggest draws. My work trailer has all kinds of HVAC equipment and I had a 3/4 ton heat pump and 2kW water heater running simultaneously (with a pump, fans, and bunch of other stuff). The shutting off thing you had doesn’t make sense to me as my heat pump and stuff starts/stops constantly. I run my setup hour or two at a time with customers and never had it shut off yet.

Ford F-150 Report from using 7.2kw ProPower generator at campsite without shore power B3B6B9AC-71A5-4C98-A4AA-66CEC5A8F0B9

rlell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F-150
I'd be curious to see your average power usage and how much gas you use.

OP
OP
ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Nice report!

You can turn off the sync screen by clicking the icon in the top right of the screen, I think it either called calm or night mode? I don't remember but it works.

Is water heater electric? Mine is dual elec+gas and on elec it was 1200 watts. I wonder if yours ran in the background unbeknownst to you,when the AC compressor kicked on...
I'd be curious to see your average power usage and how much gas you use.
not sure of the math and I wish I took a screenshot when we first arrived but the estimated distance to empty was 277 when I first hooked up...the digital gauge was just about 3/4 full...we’re about 18 hrs in so far.

Averaging 400-500w and 1500w when the AC compressor kicks in.

Ford F-150 Report from using 7.2kw ProPower generator at campsite without shore power 892781F7-67B5-47ED-8CDC-2B6D6C09BB88

Sponsored

OP
OP
ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Great observations and feedback. I used my power washer on my 7.2 and it kicked off once. After a restart it worked great.
This happened to me the first time I tested it when I first got the truck. I’m wondering if it needs to recognize the scenario for it to adjust or something.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Wouldn’t think they put water heater and ac on the same leg? Those are probably by far the two biggest draws.
Most travel trailers under 30ft, especially with only 1 A/C unit, only have a single AC "leg" wired in the trailer (i.e. the trailer connection is 3 pin, Gnd, Hot, Netural, 30A 120VAC). The circuits inside the trailer (i.e. both AC and 12V DC) have multiple subcircuits with their own breakers or fuses (for 12V DC). But the feed is single circuit. Which is why RVers learn, they can't have A/C on, while heating oatmeal in the microwave and the coffee maker is brewing (or hair dryer, etc.).

OP
OP
ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Nice report!

i believe all newer Airstreams have a tankless on demand water heater which is gas powered. I honestly don’t know it works other than when I turn on the hot water 10-15 secs later hot water pours out...not sure there’s an electric draw...maybe the pilot being lit. Anyone know...that sounds like a possible diagnosis.

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Most travel trailers under 30ft, especially with only 1 A/C unit, only have a single AC "leg" wired in the trailer (i.e. the trailer connection is 3 pin, Gnd, Hot, Netural, 30A 120VAC). The circuits inside the trailer (i.e. both AC and 12V DC) have multiple subcircuits with their own breakers or fuses (for 12V DC). But the feed is single circuit. Which is why RVers learn, they can't have A/C on, while heating oatmeal in the microwave and the coffee maker is brewing (or hair dryer, etc.).
I gotcha. That makes more sense then. Def something worth looking into for those purchasing one!
Sponsored