Sponsored

Replicating Lariat Sport Package Exterior

visnoal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Honda Pilot
Hi everyone, so I had a Lariat 501a with Sport Package all queded up to order and my wife nixed it because of the brownish/reddish interior. However I really like the clean contrast look of the flat black trim pieces with the Oxford white. Any ideas on how to recreate the exterior look ? I hopin the the aftermarket will help. Anyone else not diggin the sport interior? I really liked everything about the exterior. Darn Ford....why did you force a special interior.....I would be happy with a plain black interior.
Sponsored

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
I'm with you totally about the interior. I've always been a Lariat Sport guy as I don't love chrome exteriors. But that brown is just awful in my opinion. I can't understand why they wouldn't offer a simple black interior for the sport as an option.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Word on the street is that Katzkin makes customizable leather interiors to replace the stock cloth or leather. I have never looked into it but a lot of folks have said good things.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I would have gone with the sport package but I couldn’t do it because of the red interior. Not for me but I’m sure some love it. I ordered the chrome package so I could get the interior that I preferred. If I find the chrome too much I plan to have it wrapped. No decision to do it but it is an option.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
When I first saw the sport interior, I said to myself "wow". I do think they should have an all black option as even the non-sport has a burgundy piping. I personally like the Sport interior, though I really like the 500A exterior, minus the chome rear bumper. My old man and wife aren't a fan of the sport interior. Only my European friend and I like the two tone. I am getting Carbon Gray so a lighter contrast would look better and I like the base rims. I can't stand the PVD chrome rims. I don't know how the sport exterior will go with Carbon gray

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am very surprised peeps dont like the red stuff, I am a huge fan. I got a 501A Chrome instead of a sport simply because I couldnt stand the all plastic look of the sport even though I loved the red highlights. oh well goes to show Ford should just have offered all options on both

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
I would be more ok with it if it actually looked red but to me; all the pics I’ve seen look brown, not red.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I went with sport because I actually like the brown/red accents. Just like I would’ve gone with the Baja color contrast had I not gone sport. I’ve had all black or all gray interiors all my life. I’m looking forward to something a bit different.

Last edited:

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
The reddish brown on the sport made up my mind to wait on the tremor. The dash and console looks easy to change, but they added to the door panels too, ugggh. My idea of off roading is a dirt road, but the tremor looks like what I want (interior, running boards, exhaust, grille, etc.)
Sponsored