What should I do with the Ford badge

• Total voters

CK.MECHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycles
Hi all,

I followed a couple of threads on here of grille replacements but didnt see exactly what I wanted. I even ordered and returned one grille that didnt work out. I finally found this grille on ebay that was noted as " Does not compatible with camera cutout version models". My truck has the 360 front camera, but I took a shot anyway since the cutout looked right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234354167211

This grille uses a mounting bracket for the Ford badge that bolts to the grille from the back. If you dont have a camera you could just remove this mount and have no Ford badge on the grille, just the honeycomb. Well as I suspected, the cutout on the badge mount was right. However that mounting block bolts to the grille from the back and the washer for the camera interfered with the grille. Five minutes with a multi-saw and I cut out the grille behind the mount.

Overall I would say the quality of the grille I received was pretty great considering the price. I guess time will tell if it fades. The fit was spot on besides two small issues. One of the reinforcements on the back interferes with the small plastic sheets that go between the grille and the damper frame to direct air, but they easly bent enough to clear. And secondly on the stock grill there is a screw through the damper frame into the grille at the very center but this one does not use that screw.

I didnt get any pictures of removing the grille, but there are already plenty of great tutorial videos. It is quite a task as far as time, but is not that difficult overall. I also took this opportunity to plastidip my embelm black but I think that with this grille it may look better Ford blue, let me know your thoughts.

The stock Lariat grille really isnt a bad looking grille, but this grille should be a great option for some of those that are looking to get rid of some chrome.

(Please excuse the after pic, there was a shadow right across the middle of the image I had to remove. Ill get a shot at an angle later today)

Ford F-150 Replaced my Lariat Sport Grille with "Raptorish" Grille Grille Side by Side

Ford F-150 Replaced my Lariat Sport Grille with "Raptorish" Grille New Grille

Ford F-150 Replaced my Lariat Sport Grille with "Raptorish" Grille Old Lariat Grille

Ford F-150 Replaced my Lariat Sport Grille with "Raptorish" Grille Grille Side by Side

Ford F-150 Replaced my Lariat Sport Grille with "Raptorish" Grille New Grille
Sponsored

Last edited:

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Looks like the STX grill, but with the addition of the "Raptor" amber lights. Looks good on your rig.

grayscale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cars
very nice would love to see some more photos and angles when you get a chance!

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Dang.. I was going to order this grill but decided not to because of their description about the camera...

Sponsored

OP
OP
CK.MECHA

CK.MECHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycles
Dang.. I was going to order this grill but decided not to because of their description about the camera...
I debated it too, but the holder for the Ford badge had the right cutout so I took a shot. The modification needed is really easy, it could probably be done with a handsaw even.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
I’ve come across this on eBay, and as a chrome hater, I think this would look far better than the Lariat chrome grill I have! Good to be able to “see it in action” to know what it’d look like! Unlucky for me, I still have chrome bumpers. Lol.

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I’ve come across this on eBay, and as a chrome hater, I think this would look far better than the Lariat chrome grill I have! Good to be able to “see it in action” to know what it’d look like! Unlucky for me, I still have chrome bumpers. Lol.
I bought an ebay raptor bumper. Planning to paint match it myself lol

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
Are you selling the stock Lariat grille? I may be interested, but my truck is in chip hold order purgatory.

Sponsored

TheObiJuan

First Name
TheObiJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F-150 Tremor 402A
I bought an ebay raptor bumper. Planning to paint match it myself lol
Hello, is there an update to this eBay Raptor bumper install and experience?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
You don't have this option that I noticed. Paint it lead foot and black (make the chrome parts black and the blue parts lead foot).

The problem I have with the all black is it just becomes a big black oval mess from just a few feet back. I feel it's the same way if you painted it all lead foot. It would just be a big lead foot oval floating in the center of the grill. The contrast of black/lead foot I think will pair nicely.

I was going to do a matt/gloss black combo, but for the same reason decided against it.

Brandi0510

First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 xlt sport
The truck I bought has the same exact grill. How did you hook up the amber lights? And are you having any issues with your fog lights?

Ries

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 5L
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer & Category Buyer
Interested in seeing who the seller was for your grill on eBay. The original link is no longer a listed item. Also curious as to how the wiring went for you. I’m always a fan of trying to tie into the factory wiring with connectors rather then splicing if possible.
Sponsored