Replace window motors?

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I’ve been generally irritated with how slow the windows are rolling up or down. However, I was downright angry after getting my interior soaked at a McDonalds drive-through during a rainstorm over the weekend. Are the window motors easily upgradable with something quicker?
Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I feel like my driver side front is very slow and doesn’t go up as far as the rest

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Definitely slow, yet at the same time, it takes multiple attempts to leave the windows cracked open.

The motors are probably smaller and geared accordingly to save a few ounces.

I doubt that there is a simple solution.

I feel like my driver side front is very slow and doesn’t go up as far as the rest
There's a few threads somewhere about how to recalibrate the windows but the forum's search function isn't working for me.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/anyone-have-window-problems.1539/

OP
OP
Jerry Can

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
yet at the same time, it takes multiple attempts to leave the windows cracked open.
I forgot about that annoyance! I’ve also had the issue with the window bouncing back down when trying to close it.
For all the great improvements/innovations Ford has made in these 14th gen trucks, there seems to be an equal amount of cost cutting measures.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The bouncing back down might also be due to not being correctly calibrated, where it's thinking that it hit a finger.

The old style electric windows worked like a really old radio tuner, where at the end of travel, it just kind of freewheels. These newer ones must be different.

Has anyone taken the doors apart and taken pictures? There might be a diagram on parts.ford, or in the service manual.

Sponsored

JJF3

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
I forgot about that annoyance! I’ve also had the issue with the window bouncing back down when trying to close it.
For all the great improvements/innovations Ford has made in these 14th gen trucks, there seems to be an equal amount of cost cutting measures.
I had the bounce back issue too. My dealer fixed it today. They mentioned that it was a regulator that need to be replaced. It works fine now.

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler