Rental truck?

The Mick

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 4x4 EB max payload package
I ordered in January and my build date keeps getting pushed back. Ford says 5/12 but I’m not holding my breath.

I need a truck with a trailer brake in it. I have a vacation planned with the kiddos and I don’t want to cancel because the kids are getting older and I won’t have many more opportunities.

Have any of you rented a truck that has a trailer brake control and if so from who? A one week rental would take the sting out of waiting for my build.

Thanks
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I ordered in January and my build date keeps getting pushed back. Ford says 5/12 but I’m not holding my breath.

I need a truck with a trailer brake in it. I have a vacation planned with the kiddos and I don’t want to cancel because the kids are getting older and I won’t have many more opportunities.

Have any of you rented a truck that has a trailer brake control and if so from who? A one week rental would take the sting out of waiting for my build.

Thanks
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 thats a fleet rental from enterprise. Its equipped with everything needed to tow. Its not cheap but its a write off for my company.

OP
OP

The Mick

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I will look into them. I was worried it wouldn’t have a brake control on it.

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Tacoma SR, 22 F-150 Lariat
Or you can rent regular 1500s from National or Enterprise but they might or might not have trailer brake

plus I think you aren’t allowed to tow or something. You need to look into the contract

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired

Thanks
U-Haul is a possibility although pretty sure the trucks are bare bones, they probably have trucks with trailer brake. Penske truck rentals may also be an option. Some Hertz & Budget locations have truck divisions might be worth checking into.

OP
OP

The Mick

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I feel like I should have ordered a truck from GM, Ram, and Ford with the condition that I would buy the first one delivered. I didn’t think it would take this long. Thanks for the info on rental trucks. It makes me feel like I’m burning $1000 bills waiting on an expensive product that costs even more.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just came across a site called Fluid Truck. Seems to be a site that arranges truck rentals trough a peer to peer network of sorts.

Ya it sucks having to wait and having to rent in the meantime.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
The enterprise rental is costing my company $1650 a month. You can rent it for $750 a week though I believe. Its not cheap!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
We bought a TT in late June of last year. We ordered our F150 a week later in early July. It didn't deliver until December. We rented from Enterprise Truck Rental three times to tow our TT. Once was a F250 and twice was a Ram 2500. It was about $120/day. All three had the TBC for towing.

Sponsored

KallieMarie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT Waiting on 2022 XLT 302A
Have you tried your dealer for loaning you one of their traded in trucks for said week? I have had a good experience like this while waiting for my previous truck back in 2019.