Discipher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 - SuperCrew 2.7 4x4 300a
Hello,
Anyone else experiencing issues with Remote Start (both by Fordpass app and by keyfob) when having a trailer attached. A few seconds after starting by remote the truck sets off the trailer disconnected alarm and shuts the vehicle down. So far have only been able to test with one trailer but next chance I have to try with another trailer I will try to replicate. Someone posted same issue to youtube ( NEW ISSUE!! 2021 Ford F-150 alarm goes off when you remote start it when connected to a trailer. - YouTube ) and mentioned in comments that dealer fixed but they didnt know what was done.

Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello,
Anyone else experiencing issues with Remote Start (both by Fordpass app and by keyfob) when having a trailer attached. A few seconds after starting by remote the truck sets off the trailer disconnected alarm and shuts the vehicle down. So far have only been able to test with one trailer but next chance I have to try with another trailer I will try to replicate. Someone posted same issue to youtube ( NEW ISSUE!! 2021 Ford F-150 alarm goes off when you remote start it when connected to a trailer. - YouTube ) and mentioned in comments that dealer fixed but they didnt know what was done.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi there!
Send a message to us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealership. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

MitLei

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502a
My 2021 did the same thing, got sick of dealership telling me that there was kind of update coming for the trailer module, sold it and ordered a 22, I haven’t gotten to try it yet.
Sponsored