First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I would say mine cools, but definitly not high cool. I really wish the truck would go to max cool automatically when it's hot outside instead of having to press the button. My 2017 Ioniq would turn on max cool automatically and turn it to regular fan when the car cooled down.
Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Couple things -

The HVAC definitely is supposed to be on with an auto temp target of 72 degrees (assuming you use the auto setting for climate on the remote start page). The heated/cooled seats also come on as necessary. However - the HVAC panel doesn’t work until the ignition is pressed, so you won’t see lights for the seats…

As for why the A/C isn’t great - ford had a bit of a weird idea to both A) limit fan speed on remote start and B) blow out of the defrost vents. B makes sense for winter, but if it knows hot vs cold, why not switch to the torso vents for cold? Anyways, that makes it feel not as cold and then it sounds/feels like it just started blowing when you key on because it switches to the torso vents with the ignition

OP
OP
rpold150

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I tried it a couple of times today. AC is on with remote start. Air is coming mostly out by the feet, some from the dash, and none at the windshield. It's cold/cool air, and seems to get a bit colder when I push start, but that might have been my imagination. Maybe it's not super cold because the truck isn't moving and there's very little air across the condenser.

Seat ventilation was also on, but with it so hot, I actually had to use a tissue to test if it was on. Oddly enough, both driver and passenger seat ventilation was on during remote start, but then when I pushed the start button and all the lights came on on the climate control, the passenger side seat ventilator turned off while the driver side stayed on.

So I guess it's working as expected. It was probably just really hot last weekend and I hadn't given the remote start long enough to cool the cab down to notice.
Sponsored