Sponsored

Remote Start Not Working?

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
When I double press the key fob for remote start, the fob lights up red but nothing happens on the truck. When I start through the app (it's very slow) the yellow lights in the head lights come on and it will start cooling and start the engine as required. I have remote start turned on in the settings but it just seems like it doesn't work from the FOB from any distance. Anyone else have this issue? What happens when the remote start from the fob is used?
Sponsored

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The truck is already locked when I do it. Sure enough hitting lock then double press the start works. Why is it three buttons?!? My Jeep you only have to double press start, it locks everything then starts.... This is expected? Lock it even though it's locked then start?!

Sbdavis1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Lariat ordered 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Financial Planner, Lawyer
The truck is already locked when I do it. Sure enough hitting lock then double press the start works. Why is it three buttons?!? My Jeep you only have to double press start, it locks everything then starts.... This is expected? Lock it even though it's locked then start?!
Yeah. They made it a long sequence to ensure you don’t accidentally remote start the truck. I spent a good day fighting with my wife’s new Expedition remote start with the same issue so I knew what to expect when I got my F150.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yeah. They made it a long sequence to ensure you don’t accidentally remote start the truck. I spent a good day fighting with my wife’s new Expedition remote start with the same issue so I knew what to expect when I got my F150.
I've had my Jeep for 5 years and never had an accidental remote start.... This is just dumb but appreciate the information about how to make it work. When people use the app, how long does the remote start work? It's easily 30 seconds

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
I've had my Jeep for 5 years and never had an accidental remote start.... This is just dumb but appreciate the information about how to make it work. When people use the app, how long does the remote start work? It's easily 30 seconds
That's odd... Mine is extremely responsive 95% of the time. When the button in the app starts the spinning animation, it's usually started within maybe 5 seconds or so. I use the app every morning to warm it up before I head to work whether it is cold/hot or not, just to get the oil moving around and what not. I haven't tried the scheduled remote start yet, I think I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how that works.

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’ll bet the requirement to press the lock button before remote start is to ensure the vehicle is locked and cannot be driven away.
When in doubt of how a feature or function works, RTFM.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’ll bet the requirement to press the lock button before remote start is to ensure the vehicle is locked and cannot be driven away.
When in doubt of how a feature or function works, RTFM.
Haha yes RTFM.... My bad. My 7 year old Jeep was smart enough to lock the doors when I hit the remote start..... You'd think this modern computer truck could also figure it out.....

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Haha yes RTFM.... My bad. My 7 year old Jeep was smart enough to lock the doors when I hit the remote start..... You'd think this modern computer truck could also figure it out.....
Be sure to send that on to Ford

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Question: In the manual it states that all other systems in the truck will remain off when remote started.

Does this mean that the AC will not run? That’s probably the #1 reason I would want to use it as cars here get extremely hot parked in the summer.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Be sure to send that on to Ford
In all seriousness I've asked before if Ford has a features request site like Microsoft and other companies have?

It will run the climate control

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Question: In the manual it states that all other systems in the truck will remain off when remote started.

Does this mean that the AC will not run? That’s probably the #1 reason I would want to use it as cars here get extremely hot parked in the summer.
Go back to #6 in this thread from jcaspar

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Two things, first after doing the sequence for a week, it will be automatic, and you can do it in your pocket without looking (lock, then double click on start button). So not a big deal.

Second, this sequence allows additional function (as above RTFM). You can extend for another set of run time before it turns off by doing the full sequence again. But OTOH, if you decide not ready to leave yet, you can cancel (and turn off) the running remotely, but hitting the remote start button twice WITHOUT hitting lock first.

So the sequence prevents inadvertent (by needing 3 pushes on 2 different buttons) as opposed to the panic button that I trigger ALL the time (my height and the depth of my front jean pocket happens to coincide with counter height)!

But also allows additional function: extending the time, or cancelling the run.

Finally for the other question, yes, you can have remote start cause your A/C (or heat), heated seats and heated steering wheel to come on. It's in the setup of remote start menus (again or RTFM).

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Late to the party, but can confirm lock button plus your remote state button x2. Took me a while to figure it out too!

Sponsored