Sponsored

Remote Features Disabled Question

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum 701A
As some have observed previously, Ford Pass remote features functionality is being impacted by a bad battery. In my case, I’ve been getting the message several times each month. Before I set a service appointment with the dealer is there a simple test that I can use to verify whether the battery is the cause?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
AutoZone will test your battery for free

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I would simply put a voltmeter on it to see what its static sitting voltage is.

OP
OP
2Lazy2P

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just visited our local Napa store and it shows 12.37v.. However, after their manager input the rest of the battery parameters, the device kept showing an unstable battery message. His conclusion was there’s something going on with the battery and it should be serviced by the dealer. They added that owing to the complexity of the f150 system, when a new battery is put in it needs to be registered with the car system and the dealer would do it.

So I guess I’ll head to the dealer for their diagnostic. What a PITA.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I can't say I blame you.
But I'm not ever going to the dealership with the intent of getting them to replace my battery unless they agree to assess it while I'm there.
Or put another way, they aren't going to keep my truck and let me know later.

I'll just accept the fact that a new battery is my problem. Or I'll charge the battery myself and see if I can get more life out of it.

I regret that I have been convinced to avoid them to this degree. It certainly wasn't always like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2Lazy2P

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any idea what a DIY replacement process is in regard to registration with the truck? Thanks.

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
Any idea what a DIY replacement process is in regard to registration with the truck? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure the guy at Napa has no clue what he's talking about. Its just an AGM battery, there's no registration/circutry that requires programming.

you might lose some sync settings but changing a 12V battery is pretty straightforward.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
That happened to me after an update that killed the battery during and the update didn’t complete correctly. Did the last bunch of updates using fdrs and after 2 months my ford pass buttons are back

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wild horse rider
Just visited our local Napa store and it shows 12.37v.. However, after their manager input the rest of the battery parameters, the device kept showing an unstable battery message. His conclusion was there’s something going on with the battery and it should be serviced by the dealer. They added that owing to the complexity of the f150 system, when a new battery is put in it needs to be registered with the car system and the dealer would do it.

So I guess I’ll head to the dealer for their diagnostic. What a PITA.
Did they or you remove the battery from the truck? Impossible to test with being connected to truck. Should be bench tested out of vehicle.

3 ways to reset BCM:

1. If you let the truck set for 12 hours or more the battery id/learn/re calibration is suppose to happen.
2. Forscan BMS reset.
3. Also: pull and release the high beams five times 3 push and release the brakes 3 times The battery light will flash on and off within 15 secs. (not sure if this still works)

Sponsored

OP
OP
2Lazy2P

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was tested while connected to the truck. I subsequently did #3 BMS reset and will see what happens over the next several days.

If I take the battery out is there anything I should be aware of when I reconnect the battery to the truck I.e. settings?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
First time seeing this message today myself so I'm already looking at possibly replacing battery.

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wild horse rider
It was tested while connected to the truck. I subsequently did #3 BMS reset and will see what happens over the next several days.

If I take the battery out is there anything I should be aware of when I reconnect the battery to the truck I.e. settings?
Rotate the pod please HAL.... j/k - You can't get a good battery test with it.

Just do a reset again #3 - you will loose all FM Stations? The PCM data may be lost, no biggie the truck will relearn.

OP
OP
2Lazy2P

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At times I feel like the big red eye has occupied my truck. Waiting for the HAL 9000 v2.0. OTA update.

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wild horse rider
At times I feel like the big red eye has occupied my truck. Waiting for the HAL 9000 v2.0. OTA update.
Most people don't know where HAL comes from -- it's one letter off from IBM (International Business Machines - IBM Computers)

HAL = IBM

Just get the Ford 850cca with insulator blanket - (link in my sig) you don't have a PB so it'll fit.
Sponsored