Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
  • Banned
A tiny little percentage of us opted to forego the back seats...

Tell us about yours and why you ordered it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UNIKRN150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
  • Banned
I think this is the loneliest thread on this forum ?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/the-tried-true-workhorse-?-3-3-v6.1183/

That engine combined with a regular cab is certainly an outlier on this site!
You might be right about that.

People who buy trucks with that power plant wouldn't tend to be on this board. They either ordered a dozen of them or picked them up off the lot.

All the dealers I went to with my options list tried like hell to sell me one of those.

Except one. He got my order...

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I’ve owned 4 Ford trucks before my current crew cab. All of those trucks were regular cab short bed trucks. I like the regular cab but the only way to get one around here is to order one. Some days I miss the ease of parking a regular cab truck. I’m still getting used to a crew cab.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
You might be right about that.

People who buy trucks with that power plant wouldn't tend to be on this board. They either ordered a dozen of them or picked them up off the lot.

All the dealers I went to with my options list tried like hell to sell me one of those.

Except one. He got my order...
Yea, those would typically be fleet orders.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
One of my neighbors in my apartment complex has a loaded XLT 302A package with a regular cab and short bed. I think it looks awesome.

Gusto23

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Occupation
Buyer
I would STRONGLY consider one if I could get the large infotainment, lariat trim and 3.5 ecoboost with full time awd. Keep the bench seat of course. It would be a rocket especially after tunes etc. Gotta have the bench for when I need to pick up the 2 kids. It would be bad ass. I still am looking at th
em despite that with the 5.0 and blower. I hate that you are forced to get an extended/crew cab for the options I want.

OP
OP
UNIKRN150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I
I would STRONGLY consider one if I could get the large infotainment, lariat trim and 3.5 ecoboost with full time awd. Keep the bench seat of course. It would be a rocket especially after tunes etc. Gotta have the bench for when I need to pick up the 2 kids. It would be bad ass. I still am looking at th
em despite that with the 5.0 and blower. I hate that you are forced to get an extended/crew cab for the options I want.
I feel your pain, believe me!

But I need that 122" wheelbase for my uses. And this truck, while it will be awesome to drive... is ultimately a "work tool" for me. I have a Honda Pilot for when I need to transport passengers.

I'm curios to see how a blower will work with Cylinder Deactivation. Seems like there could be some glitchy conflicts.

Sponsored

RollTideFan

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fiesta
Occupation
Supervisor
Just ordered mine on 5/20/21, Regular cab, short bed, 101a, chrome appearance in velocity blue and 4x2 with the 5.0. Hopefully get it before Christmas

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
Just ordered mine on 5/20/21, Regular cab, short bed, 101a, chrome appearance in velocity blue and 4x2 with the 5.0. Hopefully get it before Christmas
In Velocity Blue??? What would your 'Bama think? ;) Great choices.

I'd love an RCSB, but have the F-word; a family, lol. I need more garage space for two F150s

RollTideFan

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fiesta
Occupation
Supervisor
In Velocity Blue??? What would your 'Bama think? ;) Great choices.

I'd love an RCSB, but have the F-word; a family, lol. I need more garage space for two F150s
I can't help they removed the rapid red for 2021 lol. I never got married or had kids so the RCSB is a no brainer plus my 04 F-150 is on its last leg

OP
OP
UNIKRN150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
You might very well get yours before I get mine the way things are going...

pjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford xlt regular cab 5.0
I ordered my regular cab xlt 5.0 on2/19 and took delivery on4/30. added 2.5 level kit with 33x18 tires and a few other accessiories. No issues with truck. This is my first ford, i always drove a regular cab chevy and this truck is far superior than my chevy
Sponsored