First Name
BRyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Any idea what these red dots could be in my paint? I just noticed them while washing my truck. The truck is only about a month old. I can’t say for sure whether they were there when I got it or not. When I try to scratch them away with my fingernail it feels like they are under the clear coat. Any ideas?

I reached out to my dealer and he said he has something that should take it off if it’s not under the clear and for us to try that first and go from there. If it is under the clear what can be done to fix it and am I risking more harm than good by trying to have it fixed?

Ford F-150 Red paint specs under clear coat? B1F1772E-F3C0-4C63-B5A2-2C1DD73FD81B

Ford F-150 Red paint specs under clear coat? 0997DA6D-C9BB-4730-8A54-9FA75D99D511
Sponsored

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
If it is under the clear coat, the dealer's paint shop should take care of that under warranty.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor Ordered
I’d let the service dept, but no way in hell would I let a dealership detail or paint shop touch that. Asked to have it fixed at a professional.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
It is hard to tell exactly where that is from the pics but if it is on the bed, I personally would live with it if it is under the clearcoat. Maybe Ford could duke you some points instead. It looks like it might be on the tailgate and more visible, again though a touch up might be worse. Good luck.

OP
OP

BryanDennison

First Name
BRyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Systems Engineer
It is hard to tell exactly where that is from the pics but if it is on the bed, I personally would live with it if it is under the clearcoat. Maybe Ford could duke you some points instead. It looks like it might be on the tailgate and more visible, again though a touch up might be worse. Good luck.
Thanks. It's on the bottom of the drivers door. Suprisingly its not that noticable unless you know its there and bend down.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
For this they will need to sand down past the clear to remove the red spots provided it's not all the way to the primer the red then possibly apply a layer of base then clear. After that some minor wet sanding/glazing work to clean up and match the OEM clear. Usually can be done in a day at most shops. Even those mobile paint guys can do it in a couple hours and some are so good you would never know they did anything once they are done.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
hmmmm white truck...have you been around O J
weird if its under the clear, but yes let the real paint shop fix it
Sponsored