Sponsored

Reconnect Andriod Auto

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
Is there a way to reconnect Android Auto wireless if it drops while driving? I tried hitting the button but it seems to be dead once it drops. It does reconnect just fine once i stop and turn the truck off and then on again.
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I haven't had AA disconnect while driving, but I have had it not connect at startup occasionally. Rarely does reconnecting it via the phones list work, but power cycling the truck always works. Just another bug in the millions of lines of code in the truck most likely.

beefynutz

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Wrangler 2dr 6sp
FTMS, what phone are you using?

My wife and I have had this happen in the wife's aftermarket Pioneer head unit (we both have Pixel 6 Pro). We have to give it a minute then, on the radio, go to where you can select which phone to connect. (not the bluetooth connection but a spot for Android Auto specifically) No idea what the truck side looks like. I haven't gotten my 23 yet. I think sometimes we've changed the source to FM and then back to Android Auto and that worked.

It's really strange too, because it drops AA for her daily in the same location on her drive to work which is only a few miles away. There are a few locations around town (50k+ population) that just constantly drops AA. No matter the time of day or how long we've been driving, purely locational from what I can tell. One spot is next to a cattle feed lot on the edge of town so it's not like there are tons of other devices or wifi or other radio signals nearby that might cause issues.

My guess is just an Android Auto thing more so than the truck.

OP
OP
FTMS

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
It is a S8. It really does not drop that often, but if there was a convenient way to reconnect would be nice.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Mine has never done it mid drive, but if it doesn't come up automatically when I start the truck, restarting Sync has always fixed it.

OP
OP
FTMS

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
You may want to upgrade the phone if it is your primary device. The S8 does have some mileage on it.
My phone is nothing more than an electronic paper weight 90% of the time. The only time i turn it on is when i go fishing with the boat which is when i drive the truck also. I also don't get emails to the truck either but that really doesn't bother me.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
I usually just reboot the head unit, I think if you hold power and track right it does it.
This is what I do. It has never happened to me mid drive. But when the truck starts up maybe once a month the wireless will not connect. I just reboot the head unit while I'm driving and it connects right a way. I have the Fold 4.

TurboF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SCREW
Mine does this constantly and it is driving me nuts. If the truck is stopped or under 10mph you can reconnect it on the screen but if you are driving you can not reconnect it which is absolutely retarded! Is there a way in Forscan to shut that off so you can reconnect it when driving?

If on the highway when you aren't stopping I will usually cycle the bluetooth off on the phone and it will reconnect. Or I will connect it with a cable which solves the issue too. What I dont understand is the Ford Sync is still connected even though AutoAndriod lost connection.

Sponsored

C0recollector

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Technology
Mine is hit and miss. Some trips it doesn't drop at all but on some trips Android Auto drops every 2 to 5 minutes. You can reconnect while you're driving without having to stop. What you do is tap the radio signal strength icon in the header towards the right hand side and that will bring up a phone status screen and the third option of the phone status screen is called phone list. If you tap phone list while you're driving it'll show the phones that are connected and you can retap the Android Auto icon to have it reconnect to Android Auto. Most of the time mine is still connected with the phone and the music icons indicated by a blue color. But the Android Auto is showing black which means it's disconnected. It is super frustrating when this thing constantly drops and I don't know what it is.

I've tried putting the phone in different locations in case it's a signal interference but whether it's next to the shifter or up on top of the console or in a cup holder it's still seems to have the same effect.

I have the Galaxy s23 and a power boost 22.

I'd also love to know if there's a forescan setting that can help with this.

beefynutz

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Wrangler 2dr 6sp
There are a few locations around town and a few places along the interstate where my wireless Android Auto will always disconnect. Give it a few seconds the go to the "Phone List" and pick the AA icon for the phone and it connects back to normal.

I have had a few times where AA just will not wirelessly connect. I have found 2 ways to fix it.
1) shut truck off, open door, then back on.
2) press and hold the power button and seek right ( >> ) together until the radio screen turns off. This restarts the unit. Since AA wasn't working, I had switched to FM so I had some sound. FM stayed playing even while unit restarted, then AA auto connected as usual. Did all this while driving. Took maybe 1-2 minutes. (and of course paying attention to the road.)

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
If my wireless AA drops while driving and won't auto-reconnect my fix is:

-Connectivity screen
-Disable Bluetooth
-Disable Wireless App projection
-Wait 10-30 sec
-Turn on Wireless App projection
-Turn on Bluetooth.

Since I've discovered this method it's reconnected 100% of the time, even while in motion. Not sure why it drops to begin with, but I have noticed that there are certain geographic locations where it happens every time. I assume it has something to do with conflicting/jammed wifi signals at that spot.

Hope this helps.

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
So mine drops every night on my way to work and leaving, something in the area just bonks the connection. While driving i cant reconnect via the android auto option under apps, but if i pull up "phone list" then hit the arrow itll reconnect for me even while driving once i get out of the area where the signal always drops.

i have a pixel 7.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Wireless connection is garbage on our vehicles. New phone or old, iPhone or Android; it doesn't matter. Just plug it in and make sure your phone settings are set to favor a wired connection. Or, continue to deal with nonsense like this. Even using a wired connection, I get weird glitches that require me to reset the APIM to get things to work right.

Running the latest Sync and using Galaxy S24 Ultra on latest software. Wireless phone connectivity has been an issue with Sync 4 no matter what version of Sync or what phone I've tried to use wirelessly.
Sponsored