Sponsored

Recirculation won’t stay on - keeps turning randomly off!

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Nice to recirculate this page? I'm guessing there has not been any movement on another thread that I can't find? Here in Texas, it is always hot. 80% of the year, Max AC. Then when it is cold, it is a DRY cold. I miss physical switches... Except for the ones in a 2006 Jetta, you need a PHD in Switches to get those right!
Sponsored

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Nice to recirculate this page? I'm guessing there has not been any movement on another thread that I can't find? Here in Texas, it is always hot. 80% of the year, Max AC. Then when it is cold, it is a DRY cold. I miss physical switches... Except for the ones in a 2006 Jetta, you need a PHD in Switches to get those right!
Still an issue for me. Nothing better than living here in Houston....driving in heavy traffic....breathing in the fumes from the vehicles in front of me just because the recirc likes to shut itself off.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Agreed... This is my only major complaint about owning a Ford is this... By Odin's beard if I ever find the jackass responsible for implementing this insanely stupid "feature"....

So far no 100% verified solution to this has been found. I have tried all the Forscan changes and the system completely ignores them. I have also tried carbon impregnated hepa cabin filters that do help with the fumes but those are not 100% effective either.

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Agreed... This is my only major complaint about owning a Ford is this... By Odin's beard if I ever find the jackass responsible for implementing this insanely stupid "feature"....

So far no 100% verified solution to this has been found. I have tried all the Forscan changes and the system completely ignores them. I have also tried carbon impregnated hepa cabin filters that do help with the fumes but those are not 100% effective either.
...and why can't Ford reply to this exact issue? They responded to a slightly different issue above. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Still an issue for me. Nothing better than living here in Houston....driving in heavy traffic....breathing in the fumes from the vehicles in front of me just because the recirc likes to shut itself off.
It is actually dangerous. Maybe we should report it to the NHTSA. Having to take our eyes off the road every 60 seconds to turn recirc back on is dangerous. We need a Mayhem commercial just for this insane behavior.

Ford F-150 Recirculation won’t stay on - keeps turning randomly off! 1673092747491

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
I would put so much work into a solution, if we come up with something promising. This was one of the top 3 reasons for replacing my last vehicle (with this F150 :rolleyes: ). (recirc on my previous vehicle still let in 10% fresh by design, which sucks when there's a treatment plant on the way home.).

See if this video comes through (actually bought this as a gift for Christmas, and it's even more of a direct analogy in person).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S...rm-Generic-480p-16-9-1409173089793-rpcbe5.mp4

DIY1978Guy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
I am avidly awaiting a solution to this. Singley, the most annoying feature of this truck. I called Ford to try and get a technical person, that was a dead end. Called the dealer and they said there is nothing they can do and to call Ford. I agree with the poster above regarding the NHTSA. Every time it happens, I have to take my eyes off the road to find the button.

I am seeking any documentation on how this system works, what influences it, and so on. I will figure out a solution. Also, diagrams of the HVAC box, specifically the location of the recirc door actuator would be good. Anyone have anything?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm pretty sure the poster above suggesting National Highway Traffic And Safety Administration involvement was mostly in jest?

As annoying as it might be, there's far more distraction-threats going on in most/many vehicles than the stubborn HVAC recirculation logic Ford has programmed into the truck.

Heck, Ford could probably defend their intentions based on their overzealous effort to not fog up the windshield?

Sponsored

DIY1978Guy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
I'm pretty sure the poster above suggesting National Highway Traffic And Safety Administration involvement was mostly in jest?

As annoying as it might be, there's far more distraction-threats going on in most/many vehicles than the stubborn HVAC recirculation logic Ford has programmed into the truck.

Heck, Ford could probably defend their intentions based on their overzealous effort to not fog up the windshield?
Has anyone ACTUALLY had any issues with windows fogging up that was mitigated simply by turning off the recirc?? Fog on the window is condensation. Too much moisture in the air, settling on a cool surface and condensing. Solution, remove the moisture out of the air and heat the surface that the moisture has collected on to turn it back into vapor. This is EXACTLY a function of the AC. The AC natively removes excess moisture out of the air, hence the need for a condensate drain. So, if the outside air is humid, how is forcing the AC to constantly cycle humid air (vs recirculating air that was previously dried to some degree) going to prevent fogging on the window? This is my conundrum. I have been working on vehicles and HVAC systems for 30yrs. Never once was I simply able to turn off recirc and have the fog magically erase from my windshield.

RGoGo713

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Wanted to join this thread here to also complain. What a crock of sht! Cause that is exactly what I’m smelling on my commutes to and from work. Exhaust fumes, sht, trash, and other chemicals. Who likes smelling this crap. I’m surprised there aren’t more complaints or an actual fix.

DIY1978Guy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Do we have any Ford techs in here that can get me a printout of the system diagrams and troubleshooting? I would like to read it over and see how to modify this system manually to avoid this. I have an idea, just want to see how feasible it is.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
If forscan could ever solve this, then that might be the one thing that would make me take the deep dive into it. It is much more frequent and obnoxious when it is cooler out this time of year.

Ford F-150 Recirculation won’t stay on - keeps turning randomly off! f0617a698a8228e0664edcd26e7ae45

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150

Annoying and overzealous are understatements; the recirculate self canceling is infuriating and I have barely driven my truck this winter, mainly because the Toyota 4Runner that I also drive minds its own damn business when I turn recirculate on. Is it easier to subvert the top speed governor than the anti-fog scheme?

Monstrous and inconceivable is more in line with Ford’s bizarre execution of this diabolical aberration forced upon us.

There’s enough of a workload driving safety in the city that I don’t need any additional distractions. The fact that other people are already distracted is exactly why I don’t want to be burdened anymore than I already am.

Ford F-150 Recirculation won’t stay on - keeps turning randomly off! D40654A4-9C25-4B5C-BCA7-E901F7BECD60

Has anyone ACTUALLY had any issues with windows fogging up that was mitigated simply by turning off the recirc?..
Once again, there’s already a button for that! :cool::p

Ford F-150 Recirculation won’t stay on - keeps turning randomly off! 95E7F231-50C8-4D8F-9C04-893CAC598911

Do we have any Ford techs in here that can get me a printout of the system diagrams and troubleshooting? I would like to read it over and see how to modify this system manually to avoid this. I have an idea, just want to see how feasible it is.
There’s a fair amount of information on page two and three. The way I see fixing it is either a kill switch on the door to lock it in whatever state it was last in. Or maybe even an in-line module right before the switch with a flip-flop in it that would actually remember when you press the switch and then turns it back on when the light turns off.

I’m thinking for my next road trip though, that I might just tape off 90% of the fresh air inlet under the hood.

Ford F-150 Recirculation won’t stay on - keeps turning randomly off! 7D65C4C3-1C18-49A9-8B4B-EFEF871830FD
Sponsored