First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
image.jpg

same thing as yours mate.
Thanks. I was just making sure because when the app on the phone says an update has been applied it doesn’t really tell you much. I am just curious when those versions will change as that would signify a major update.
thanks again bud.
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I might can shed light on your problem with the radio. Per the Ford executive over the re-engineering of the 2021 F150, he stated there are gobs of modules that can be updated via OTA update.

This being said, when I saw the notification on my SYNC4 screen (tiny writing at upper left hand) which said update complete or something like that and then disappeared.

I thought, oh shoot, well let me sit here for a moment. Well, I got distracted on this forum looking at something, and I hit the power button again and the truck turned off.

After I cranked the truck again, the instrument cluster RPM and speed were frozen. Killed truck About 10 times trying to resolve it, but it persisted.

Finally, I was switching through the cluster menus and they were lagging behind like crazy, and then it hit me. The other modules are also being updated.

Ford says you can driver your truck while the updates perform in the background. This must be one of the quirks of your truck updating the PCM and other Modules while it’s still being driven. Lol.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
The buttons are back now many hours later.. really don’t get what’s going on.
Check out my prior post on this thread. I really think the system updates slowly, and parts of the update weren’t finished just yet when your button wasn’t working.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Shouldn’t have to be since it has a cell modem inside.. but I do have my truck connected to my home wifi bc I don’t have cell service where I live
My truck kept telling me I had a failed update, but not to worry it would try again later. That went on for two weeks. I was staying with GF and she just moved, and her wifi wasn’t hooked up yet.

1-2 days after I connected it to WiFi, the truck updated overnight and I got the update on the AM.

maybe we can get some feedback from the other folks that got their update.

If anyone can comment on this, please let us know if your truck/Mach e was connected via wifi or cellular when the update came down.

Ford says for best results connect the truck to Wi-Fi.

Sponsored

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Anyone else not able to turn on zone lighting from the app without the engine running? It was great to have the option before, but now it requires starting the truck.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Anyone else not able to turn on zone lighting from the app without the engine running? It was great to have the option before, but now it requires starting the truck.
Hey mine glitches out and does this sometimes. You might have to restart the app or something.

ALSO, Power is grayed out, but the bu still turns blue after you hit it.

I just tried it and it took two tries to activate.

Ford F-150 Received software OTA 7/27/21 over night and experience today C84CE495-5226-4612-B129-865CDA56A1D1

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Why do I have a feeling that ford will follow Apple into forced obsolescence of their trucks with these updates...

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 eco Space White
I received this update a few days ago. I definitely feel like the truck is shifting smoother in normal mode and seems to have more throttle responsiveness and less lag when giving it the berries from a stop or while in the mid to upper gears. No new issues with Sync4 or the app as others have described. 2.7 eco, for reference.

OP
OP
ponterpitt

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
despite my xm/ CarPlay bugs coming and going , the truck is shifting better the past few days since the update.. it’s also been 20 degrees cooler for a few days. Unsure if that makes a difference. I really noticed it was smoother today.. here’s my version screen image attached same as the others.
Ford F-150 Received software OTA 7/27/21 over night and experience today 7DC073CA-2892-4EC6-BD4A-FBE5B162F12E

Sponsored

OP
OP
ponterpitt

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Hey mine glitches out and does this sometimes. You might have to restart the app or something.

ALSO, Power is grayed out, but the bu still turns blue after you hit it.

I just tried it and it took two tries to activate.

C84CE495-5226-4612-B129-865CDA56A1D1.png
I’m able to turn on zone lighting without the vehicle on as of now..
I have noticed the app loses capabilities from time to time and then it comes back sometimes if I force close the app and then re-open.. late last night I had zero capability to see the fuel level, mileage or lock or unlock truck. They might have been doing more updates last night on their server or something.

Last edited:

silentzypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
despite my xm/ CarPlay bugs coming and going , the truck is shifting better the past few days since the update.. it’s also been 20 degrees cooler for a few days. Unsure if that makes a difference. I really noticed it was smoother today.. here’s my version screen image attached same as the others.
7DC073CA-2892-4EC6-BD4A-FBE5B162F12E.jpeg
I turned off the auto update so this way I’ll get the notification on the top right. I want to gauge how long it will take to fully install once it’s available.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I’m able to turn on zone lighting without the vehicle on as of now..
I have noticed the app loses capabilities from time to time and then it comes back sometimes if I force close the app and then re-open.. late last night I had zero capability to see the fuel level, mileage or lock or unlock truck. They might have been doing more updates last night on their server or something.
Just FYI…

Mine has constantly done all those problems since March when I got the truck. I don’t think it’s a truck or update issue you are having. I believe it is just Server related like you said.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I turned off the auto update so this way I’ll get the notification on the top right. I want to gauge how long it will take to fully install once it’s available.
You won’t see the message long sir.

it is a tiny message, and it shows to the left/upper where “Kristopher’s iPhone Connected” shows up. Don’t set it to manual, because then it only updates 1 time per week.

Try connecting to wifi before you park your truck each night. This caused my update to install in just a couple days.

The updates obviously roll out based on in service date, because my truck had been trying to install the update (getting update failed in Ford pass app) for about 2 weeks. 2 days after I connected to wifi at home, it installed.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Ok I got this update and I too notice a significant smoother shift from 1st to 3rd. It *could* be the placebo affect but I don’t think so. I also noticed that my electric motor kicked in at 71mph while on the freeway. My max before was around 52. Could this be coincidental? Maybe. Time will tell!
Sponsored