Sponsored

Received my owners manual physical hard copy!!

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
Hallelujah!!!! Just got a FEDEX delivery today of a HARD COPY of the Owner's Manual for our 2021 F-150. Relief! We don't gotta scroll through hundreds of pages of on-screen crap to look for one item of interest. We also don't have to worry what we gotta do when the 12 volt battery runs down again (twice now) & ya can't access ANYTHING. Best $35 investment of all for our '21 F-150.

Now ....... if we can just get our Undercover SE tonneau cover for our longbed PowerBoost #UC2216. We're patiently (??) wait'n for. It's to go in production (soon??) since we ordered it back in January.
Sponsored

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Hallelujah!!!! Just got a FEDEX delivery today of a HARD COPY of the Owner's Manual for our 2021 F-150. Relief! We don't gotta scroll through hundreds of pages of on-screen crap to look for one item of interest. We also don't have to worry what we gotta do when the 12 volt battery runs down again (twice now) & ya can't access ANYTHING. Best $35 investment of all for our '21 F-150.

Now ....... if we can just get our Undercover SE tonneau cover for our longbed PowerBoost #UC2216. We're patiently (??) wait'n for. It's to go in production (soon??) since we ordered it back in January.
Did you order it from Ford or Helminc.com?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Still waiting on mine from same place.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just went to Helminc's site and says the english version of the manual is out of stock until April 21 but they will allow you to back order.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just went to Helminc's site and says the english version of the manual is out of stock until April 21 but they will allow you to back order.
Be patient ....... it took'm 7 weeks to get ours shipped out to us.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
Mine arrived today also.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Does the new truck not come with one?
A hard copy of the Owner's Manual for the '21 F-150 is NOT an option. Ya gotta go on-line @ Helminc.com & purchase the 703 page manual for $35 ....... or ...... try to scroll through the screen version that has been downloaded to your vehicle. This is worthless when our vehicle ran down the 12 volt battery while in sleep mode & locked our vehicle ------ twice! Each time we had to access our truck using the valet key & then jump the battery. The on-board computer was rendered worthless. We're glad to have a hard copy of the manual!

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
yup I did this too. downloaded to my ipad and print the page I need when I need it. Its nice to just search by keyword, very easy.
The search function in the truck really sucks. I have a PDF copy on both my iPhone and my laptop. Searching through the PDF file is MUCH better. I would still prefer a hard copy as well.

Generally speaking, the Owners Manual is pretty poor, though you can find some useful information in it. Like the joke goes, "Long ago, the Owners Manual for my first car told me how to change the oil, torque down the head bolts, and set the valve lash. Nowadays, the Owners Manual tells me to not drink the anti-freeze.":rolleyes:

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot

Picture, please. I’d like to see if it’s worth it for me. Perhaps a ruler nearby for scale...

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I think I'll wait until someone actually proof reads it before I drop ~$45 on a hard copy.

Ford F-150 Received my owners manual physical hard copy!! Screenshot_20210421-122144

As a mechanic I love self referencing references! Very informative.

The page number for "Capacities and Specifications" as called out in the table of contents actually starts at page 524, however these tables relate to engine specifications. The tables that actually address OIL capacities start on page 536.

It would appear that someone's proofing skills are about as rusty as the axles they are installing on our trucks. ?
Sponsored