First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Yep.................Still waiting..............................
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Geez….

Ok I have now watch the video. Time for Rant #2.

1. It was the solid lines on the road that caused it to cancel. Not ONLY the curve. This is another example of a Ford employee that doesn’t know how their own product handles lane detection. After 26k miles behind the wheel, I can assure you the system doesn’t like solid white lines on both sides and makes you drive.

2. You can’t compare Ford’s 1,000 prep + 600 Bliecruise fee to Tesla’s 10,000 dollar package for FSD.

3. Clearly Sandy has no idea how the lane centering works, otherwise he wouldn’t have been fumbling the system up while they drove. He also would have had FULL confidence on the 2nd curve if he knew the blue cruise and lane centering “chimes” and even had a clue how Lane Centering was supposed to work.

4. This is yet another terrible review done by an old man that doesn’t know how to work the vehicle, and compares it to a system that costs 10x as much. I guess Ford is just supposed to give the best FSD tech away for free.

5. THE SYSTEM HASNT BEEN ROLLED OUT YET. It is in PRE BETA currently, and not even in public beta yet.

These are the same people that download the iPhone public BETA and complain because it has bugs.

ITS BETA. ITS NOT GOING TO BE PERFECT on day 1 of early access, and if you are enrolled in early access already, then you should have read the fine print. Because it basically says you can’t fault them if the features you receiver are incomplete or broken.

If you are enrolled in early access and you plan to say things like “Ford’s System Blows” after watching 1 review with like 2-3 curves shown, then please remove yourself from this thread and remove yourself from Early Access because this stage of Blue Cruise development simply isn’t for you.

There has been little to no negative comments on this thread about Lane Centering or Blue Cruise, and some hippie jump in here and says it blows.

Go drive for 26k miles with only Lane Centering on for the majority of the miles (let it change your life like it has mine) and then come back and post some positive things about it. Otherwise, please reserve your negative comments for the other threads where negativity is vital.

Getting early access is a privilege and you should be happy you are on the list to get the BETA version when they make it available to us. If you don’t want to pay 600 dollars for your truck to drive, then don’t do it.

It will be your loss 100%, and I feel many others with experience in lane centering might agree. It is beyond amazing how lane centering works right now. I can’t phantom how great it will be once it get better.
Wow. Spoke like a true fanboi. It isn't about money pal. It is about the quality of the tech. And IF IT IS about money, Sandy drives a Tesla Model 3 that costs a LOT less than an F-150 with BlueCruise. I have a Tesla MX. Tesla's current AP functionality, which has a LOT of problems, is clearly WAY better than the current version of BlueCruise. I've used lane centering on my PB KR for many miles. It blows.

I've driven my Teslas over 200k miles, with probably 100k on AP. It just works, and the current version, with auto-lane changing, auto-exiting, ability to see and respond to stop signs and signals is amazing. Your criticism of Sandy Munro? Childish. He's an icon. Have you watched any of his other stuff? And you then have the cojones to take on the Ford employee providing the demo as though YOU know better? Wow. Just wow. What a defensive fanboi. BlueCruise, whatever you pay for it, should be great. I am waiting for it, but its limits are obviously huge, and as Sandy showed very adroitly, it blows in its current form. It was Ford's choice to show it to him, an acknowledged expert, so if it is in raw form, that's on them - they were apparently ready for it to stand up to his scrutiny - and it failed.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
You are a real character. I clearly described what happens when I drive the truck so obviously I own one, I have driven about 10,000km and use cruise control about 90% of the time. I am very familiar with the system and its pros and cons. It does a fine job if you expectations are really low. If you are expecting it to drive itself like is claimed you will be very disappointed just like Sandy was.
There's a know-it-all fanboi on every forum.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Wow. Spoke like a true fanboi. It isn't about money pal. It is about the quality of the tech. And IF IT IS about money, Sandy drives a Tesla Model 3 that costs a LOT less than an F-150 with BlueCruise. I have a Tesla MX. Tesla's current AP functionality, which has a LOT of problems, is clearly WAY better than the current version of BlueCruise. I've used lane centering on my PB KR for many miles. It blows.

I've driven my Teslas over 200k miles, with probably 100k on AP. It just works, and the current version, with auto-lane changing, auto-exiting, ability to see and respond to stop signs and signals is amazing. Your criticism of Sandy Munro? Childish. He's an icon. Have you watched any of his other stuff? And you then have the cojones to take on the Ford employee providing the demo as though YOU know better? Wow. Just wow. What a defensive fanboi. BlueCruise, whatever you pay for it, should be great. I am waiting for it, but its limits are obviously huge, and as Sandy showed very adroitly, it blows in its current form. It was Ford's choice to show it to him, an acknowledged expert, so if it is in raw form, that's on them - they were apparently ready for it to stand up to his scrutiny - and it failed.
Sandy had 5 minutes with it and had no clue what he was doing(takes a lot longer

to know how to use it and understand it) but hay he is the Tesla expert.

Eary build also.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Sandy had 5 minutes with it and had no clue what he was doing(takes a lot longer

to know how to use it and understand it) but hay he is the Tesla expert.

Eary build also.
Sandy did a fine job and it worked to specs. It is just garbage. There is no excuse for how it handles sharp curves - and the broken vs straight lines thing is a red herring. The Ford rep admitted its flaws, tried to excuse them as features, or to be fixed in future iterations. It is just very weak compared to Tesla's AP. And Mr. Fanboi above tries to palm THAT off as what you should expect when paying $10K vs $1k, forgetting that the Model 3 with AP costs way less than a fully option F-150 with Bluecurise. It is a feature comparison, not a price comparison. And early build is an excuse? Then why would Ford put SANDY MUNRO behind the wheel to show it off, expecting kudos? He's a critic of everything - especially Tesla. You better be on your game.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Sandy did a fine job and it worked to specs. It is just garbage. There is no excuse for how it handles sharp curves - and the broken vs straight lines thing is a red herring. The Ford rep admitted its flaws, tried to excuse them as features, or to be fixed in future iterations. It is just very weak compared to Tesla's AP. And Mr. Fanboi above tries to palm THAT off as what you should expect when paying $10K vs $1k, forgetting that the Model 3 with AP costs way less than a fully option F-150 with Bluecurise. It is a feature comparison, not a price comparison. And early build is an excuse? Then why would Ford put SANDY MUNRO behind the wheel to show it off, expecting kudos? He's a critic of everything - especially Tesla. You better be on your game.
I'm glad you got your beta review already, or are basing this all on LC

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I was emailing with them last week and as many here have speculated the public beta program is not ready yet. Here is an excerpt from my email.

"At this point we have not released the BlueCruise software. We are capturing interest and enrollments into BlueCruise early access from our Ford Early Access customers. When the software is ready, we will reach out to you. Keep an eye out on your FordPass app, Ford owner account, and in-vehicle screens for a pending software update. The software update is a bit lengthy, so when it’s released, make sure to follow any instructions provided and keep checking your app and in-vehicle screen for the next step in the software update process."

I used the Intelligent Cruise for 2,500 miles to FL and back and it worked great in all areas including curves and construction zones. I participate in lots of early adopter programs and as someone already said, there are going to be bugs, that's the purpose of all the testing before a release.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I have had email correspondence with the early access program as well regarding BlueCruise, Ford has said all year they are planning on a 3rd qtr release so with only September left in the third qtr hopefully the release is soon.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I saw recently on Twitter that the Ford PR manager said that new Mach E's and F-150's shipping now is coming BlueCruise equipped. Haven't seen anyone actually acknowledge receiving it yet and still no word on OTA's but sounded promising.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I saw recently on Twitter that the Ford PR manager said that new Mach E's and F-150's shipping now is coming BlueCruise equipped. Haven't seen anyone actually acknowledge receiving it yet and still no word on OTA's but sounded promising.
That just means the software is already installed and you will not need an OTA update. When the time comes you will probably need an OTA to turn it on

Sponsored

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Haven’t read the entire thread but any chance of getting access without an invite? Just picked up my truck yesterday and driving back to CA and would really like to use it on the trip. Would calling Ford help at all?

The cruise control with lane centering does pretty well already, just dings at me every couple minutes to put my hands back on the wheel. Seems to drop out from time to time when the stripes disappear for an exit off the freeway.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Haven’t read the entire thread but any chance of getting access without an invite? Just picked up my truck yesterday and driving back to CA and would really like to use it on the trip. Would calling Ford help at all?

The cruise control with lane centering does pretty well already, just dings at me every couple minutes to put my hands back on the wheel. Seems to drop out from time to time when the stripes disappear for an exit off the freeway.
There is an email address and/or link earlier in the thread that many have had success contacting and getting into the early access program. It doesn't seem that anyone in the program or online anywhere actually have the software and functionality enabled yet. Perhaps some may have access but are bound by NDA?

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I bet Ford is going to get a bunch of questions about this email I just received. I have a Lariat 501A. Note the yellow text. I know I don't have the hardware for BlueCruise.

TRY YOUR HAND
AT HANDS‑FREE HIGHWAY DRIVING

Our latest cutting‑edge driving experience is nearly here. The Ford BlueCruise* driver‑assist feature is the most recent innovation designed to help keep your vehicle at the forefront of driving technology. Your vehicle is already equipped with the necessary hardware for this feature. The Ford Power‑Up software update, delivered over the air, is on its way in fall 2021. Just when you thought your ride couldn’t get any sweeter.

Please note that BlueCruise driver‑assist software does require an additional purchase of $600, which includes a three‑year service period.** Once purchased, BlueCruise will be activated in your vehicle. For more information, feel free to visit ford.com/connectedservices.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
So I received an email this morning that Blue Cruise is coming this fall and that my Vehicle is already equipped, I just need to pony up the $600. I have an XLT ….. now I’m confused

RandyNC

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost FX4 7.2kW Pro Power
Occupation
Tech Director
Same email. I have Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 so did not expect to receive the email.
Sponsored