Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Ford has really destroyed any reputation they ever had for doing what they sold the consumer.
My truck will be over a year old before they ever release BC..

I'll be surprised if we ever get it on the early release F-150's..
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Hopefully Ford will make it right for those of us who’ve had the truck for a while and give an EXTENDED free trial if it ever actually goes live.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I would like for Ford to be honest and just give us a date they can release it on.
I think they've known all along they couldn't
meet any of the past release dates.
My truck at minimum will be 13 months old.
That's if they release in January....
This does not look good on Ford..
I'll never buy any Ford with a promise of a pending feature. (DONT CARE HOW GOOD IT SOUNDS)
If it's not on board upon purchase date, forget it..
For what it's worth..
I'll never trust Ford again..
You've lost a long time Ford Fan!

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I would like for Ford to be honest and just give us a date they can release it on.
I think they've known all along they couldn't
meet any of the past release dates.
My truck at minimum will be 13 months old.
That's if they release in January....
This does not look good on Ford..
I'll never buy any Ford with a promise of a pending feature. (DONT CARE HOW GOOD IT SOUNDS)
If it's not on board upon purchase date, forget it..
For what it's worth..
I'll never trust Ford again..
You've lost a long time Ford Fan!
wah, wah, wah. I paid $10k for Tesla's FSD in 2018. Still waiting.... Elon just says "soon" and plays games with a system to evaluate how well we drive in order to join a beta program to gain a substandard program. Class action lawsuits may ensue, but this issue isn't anything new. The real issue is that neither Ford nor Tesla actually know, so CAN'T tell you what you want to know. If they did have an answer, they would say so. As it is, they already got too far over their skis with prior promises.

There's a lot of aspirational promising done in the name of marketing - with software engineers wincing and seeing late nights and potential embarrassment when those initial commitments were made on their behalf - many times knowing the promised features might be impossible given the hardware/firmware limitations built into the vehicles being delivered at the time. Tesla is retrofitting cars that they delivered in 2018 and 2019 saying they were FSD feature-ready. It turns out they need new main computers and cameras. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that some of our trucks also need hardware updates.

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
wah, wah, wah. I paid $10k for Tesla's FSD in 2018. Still waiting.... Elon just says "soon" and plays games with a system to evaluate how well we drive in order to join a beta program to gain a substandard program. Class action lawsuits may ensue, but this issue isn't anything new. The real issue is that neither Ford nor Tesla actually know, so CAN'T tell you what you want to know. If they did have an answer, they would say so. As it is, they already got too far over their skis with prior promises.

There's a lot of aspirational promising done in the name of marketing - with software engineers wincing and seeing late nights and potential embarrassment when those initial commitments were made on their behalf - many times knowing the promised features might be impossible given the hardware/firmware limitations built into the vehicles being delivered at the time. Tesla is retrofitting cars that they delivered in 2018 and 2019 saying they were FSD feature-ready. It turns out they need new main computers and cameras. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that some of our trucks also need hardware updates.
Yes, you do have a point that there can be some disconnect between marketing and the engineers building the products. My main source of frustration is all the trucks built after August have multiple new features live at delivery. I would've liked to see either the job 1 trucks prioritized or at a minimum much better communication about the issue

Sponsored

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot

Man, I don't know where you come from - but from where I'm at, you follow through on promises and deliver what you say you will. Tough love that you got suckered and paid the 10k to uncle Elon, but every single person who was promised blue cruise in q3 and has had ZERO OFFICIAL NOTICE regarding the delayed delivery date is in the right.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Man, I don't know where you come from - but from where I'm at, you follow through on promises and deliver what you say you will. Tough love that you got suckered and paid the 10k to uncle Elon, but every single person who was promised blue cruise in q3 and has had ZERO OFFICIAL NOTICE regarding the delayed delivery date is in the right.
Exactly!

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
That car will be in the scrap heap well before FSD is ever approved for American roads. It's a scam.
Agreed except for one thing - no approval is required. It may never be ready, but there is no regulatory oversight except after the fact if there are accidents.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Agreed except for one thing - no approval is required. It may never be ready, but there is no regulatory oversight except after the fact if there are accidents.
That is the case right now. But with the NHTSA investigating Tesla FSD, don't be surprised when the rules and regulations start dropping on automated and semi automated vehicle systems.

Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Yes, you do have a point that there can be some disconnect between marketing and the engineers building the products. My main source of frustration is all the trucks built after August have multiple new features live at delivery. I would've liked to see either the job 1 trucks prioritized or at a minimum much better communication about the issue
At a minimum when trucks rolling off the line had Blue Cruise enabled they should have provided all dealers the ability to update the software to enable on our earlier truck builds. My guess is they haven’t because they are cheap and don’t want to pay the dealers the time to do it.

Edward Abel

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f 150
At a minimum when trucks rolling off the line had Blue Cruise enabled they should have provided all dealers the ability to update the software to enable on our earlier truck builds. My guess is they haven’t because they are cheap and don’t want to pay the dealers the time to do it.
Here is a statement made by Jim Farley at a stake holders meeting on October 21st 2021
Ford Working to Get it Down to One Download
Buyers can still order Blue Cruise, but it won’t be active until sometime next year. On a call with investors, Ford CEO Jim Farley explained, “We wanted to improve the customer experience. So we pushed it back.”

The company wants to activate Blue Cruise with a single software update. “That takes a little planning to consolidate,” Farley said. “Often, these Level 2 systems require multiple updates to the car. We want it to be very simple.”

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Here is a statement made by Jim Farley at a stake holders meeting on October 21st 2021
Ford Working to Get it Down to One Download
Buyers can still order Blue Cruise, but it won’t be active until sometime next year. On a call with investors, Ford CEO Jim Farley explained, “We wanted to improve the customer experience. So we pushed it back.”

The company wants to activate Blue Cruise with a single software update. “That takes a little planning to consolidate,” Farley said. “Often, these Level 2 systems require multiple updates to the car. We want it to be very simple.”
It does appear the Blue Cruise delay is over-the-air related, but if it so difficult that they also can't easily install it in the dealership to those who want it quicker, what does that mean? Maybe it means the dealers aren't well equipped to provide software updates? Or does it mean it can't be installed at all on existing trucks at this time? Is there a problem with our hardware? If Ford hasn't come out with an official explanation to consumers (not on a call to stock analysts), what is causing the delay in communicating? Do you think even Ford knows when it will be ready? If they do, will they tell us? I love my truck and overall have had a great experience with Ford, but every day without direct communication leads to more questions.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I'm stuck in a holding pattern,
I've already put another $10,000 in accessories
to my KR thinking I would have BC..
Now I have serious doubts we'll ever see it..
We know Ford monitors this forum, yet not a peep to reassure us that it will happen and a realistic date for it.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
It does appear the Blue Cruise delay is over-the-air related, but if it so difficult that they also can't easily install it in the dealership to those who want it quicker, what does that mean? Maybe it means the dealers aren't well equipped to provide software updates? Or does it mean it can't be installed at all on existing trucks at this time? Is there a problem with our hardware? If Ford hasn't come out with an official explanation to consumers (not on a call to stock analysts), what is causing the delay in communicating? Do you think even Ford knows when it will be ready? If they do, will they tell us? I love my truck and overall have had a great experience with Ford, but every day without direct communication leads to more questions.
How many times can they say we're pushing it back another quarter.
This is ridiculous..
Sponsored