Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Class action coming your way Ford. People paid good money and for it not to be available for over a year is going to cost you. It’s a slam dunk according to one firm I spoke with today especially since vehicles are rolling off lots today with the software active.
I'll join it..
Thanks for researching our chances.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
Paid for extra. Equipment and can’t use it.?
You have no damages.

You paid for a prep package, which you received. The lack of current BC capability is not putting you in danger, nor was any contract with Ford broken. Additionally, the prep package was not sold to you fraudulently. Ford very likely had every intention of making BC available in 21Q3, until they ran into roadblocks that have caused delays.

You're frustrated, I get it, a lot of us are. There's no class action lawsuit here, and any lawyer telling you that it's a slam dunk is either inept or a con.

Source: I've worked for one of the largest law firms in the country for 20 years, formed many personal relationships with numerous attorneys, and ran this scenario past two very competent corporate litigators.

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I understand you point JoeBlowFord, however, since new F150s are being delivered with BlueCruise installed and all material stated Summer 2021 when I made my purchase and not delay to 3Q 2021 then 1Q 2022 it is 'Not Right' of Ford.

Give those of us that purchased the prep a way to download or go to dealer to get Blue Cruise. I would not have made the purchase if it is going to actually be summer 2022 before I actually get the download because I lease.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
With the knowledge of this delay, I chose to take a more drastic step and just ordered a 2022. I’ve been regretting not getting the powerboost anyway. In the current market with X Plan and the 2k PCO I just got in the mail, I will end up owing about 2k out the door. I figure 2k depreciation (for me) on 10k miles is a pretty good deal.

If the used market or anything changes in the next couple months until the new truck is delivered, I will just back out of the order.

Lowandslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
I just finally received my f150 lariat here in Ontario. Is blue cruise working? I have the prep package.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
With the knowledge of this delay, I chose to take a more drastic step and just ordered a 2022. I’ve been regretting not getting the powerboost anyway. In the current market with X Plan and the 2k PCO I just got in the mail, I will end up owing about 2k out the door. I figure 2k depreciation (for me) on 10k miles is a pretty good deal.

If the used market or anything changes in the next couple months until the new truck is delivered, I will just back out of the order.
Yeah I mean this is prob an option for a lot of people. KBB trade in on mine is a few thousand dollars more than I paid with 12k miles and almost a year old. Tempted to order a PB which is what I wanted but ended up getting a 3.5 EB off the lot instead. Probably not going to bother with the hassle but it’s tempting based on value…

Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I understand you point JoeBlowFord, however, since new F150s are being delivered with BlueCruise installed and all material stated Summer 2021 when I made my purchase and not delay to 3Q 2021 then 1Q 2022 it is 'Not Right' of Ford.

Give those of us that purchased the prep a way to download or go to dealer to get Blue Cruise. I would not have made the purchase if it is going to actually be summer 2022 before I actually get the download because I lease.
What is your goal? To get BlueCruise faster or to get a refund?

If it is to get it faster you are better off just waiting with the rest of us. If you sue the case will take years and you'd still be fighting it long after everyone else got BC. Your lawyers would not allow you to download BC while your case was still active because if you did you would automatically lose. And you would probably need to pay yours and Ford's lawyer fees for wasting everyone's time.

If you want a refund your lawyers would tell you that if Ford released BC you can't download it or use it because that would destroy your case. And if you won you would never be able to use BC in the future because Ford would have refunded your money. The court would never allow you to get your money back AND keep the feature. That's not how the law works. In any case after years of court time and thousands in lawyer fees you would get a couple hundred bucks back if you won. If refund was your goal it would be much faster and less expensive to sell the truck. The prep package has value to a buyer who isn't impatient.

Last edited:

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
I think I’m I the same situation. My truck was built in October, and BlueCruise is a line item on the window sticker. I didn’t sign up for BlueCruise, but I got an email this morning that it was activated. When I was using adaptive cruise today, I noticed the dash had a different graphic that said “Hands-Free.” It’s bonkers, and I love it.
My lariat power boost has it also and it’s ok because it keeps yelling at me to watch the road even though I am and I think the ir sensors have issues with eyeglasses for some reason I’m glad it’s free for three years because I’m not sure I’ll re up the plan as of now but maybe it’s going to show me it’s worth over the free period

Doggydoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
My lariat power boost has it also and it’s ok because it keeps yelling at me to watch the road even though I am and I think the ir sensors have issues with eyeglasses for some reason I’m glad it’s free for three years because I’m not sure I’ll re up the plan as of now but maybe it’s going to show me it’s worth over the free period
It doesn’t have any issues with my glasses, wondering why it is having with yours. Also, hate to break it to ya but don’t think you got a “free trial” if it was working for you out of the factory then you paid for it with the BlueCruise package add on that was for $1500. People that got their trucks early on in the year paid less for the “active prep package” but they will need to pay for the 3 years when they activate it via the software update.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Curious if there has been an official Ford update on what is causing the delay, when can we expect to receive the update, and if it will be possible to accelerate that by having it installed at the dealership. So far the only update I have seen was directed toward analysts from a conference call. Have any actual customers with the Active Prep hardware received any direct communication from Ford on what is going on other than it is coming "soon" which was also communicated in August and September and October?

jd281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I haven't seen anything and when I asked at the dealership I was told they don't have any information or ability to do the install. I wish I had better news....
Sponsored