First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
What beta? The software is already being installed at the factory on newer cars!
Ford said they were doing a slow rollout with a beta, Like I said the later builds could be part of the beta. Test them out before everyone gets it.
Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I received this today (in response to me asking for a status update):

We checked your account and have confirmed that you have successfully enrolled into Ford BlueCruise early access. We have not released BlueCruise via a Ford PowerUp software update just yet. The Ford team is currently preparing an official statement that will update Ford Early Access customers on the latest timing and rollout plan. Keep an eye out from an official Ford Early Access Program notification that will be sent to your email soon.

This screams - yeah, we aren't ready and we're creating the narrative & nuance to let people know that is delayed, but yet not really answering any questions. "Your loyalty is important to us."

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I received this today (in response to me asking for a status update):

We checked your account and have confirmed that you have successfully enrolled into Ford BlueCruise early access. We have not released BlueCruise via a Ford PowerUp software update just yet. The Ford team is currently preparing an official statement that will update Ford Early Access customers on the latest timing and rollout plan. Keep an eye out from an official Ford Early Access Program notification that will be sent to your email soon.

This screams - yeah, we aren't ready and we're creating the narrative & nuance to let people know that is delayed, but yet not really answering any questions. "Your loyalty is important to us."
A software update that has been delayed, must be the first time ever.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
A software update that has been delayed, must be the first time ever.
I don't think most people have a problem per se with the delay. It's the situation that the PR and communication is just soooo lacking. From build dates, order changes, to software delays, etc - Ford just does a poor job of staying out in front of stuff. Exhibit 1B is the Bronco release... people just found out last week that their day 1 reservation might not be delivered until MY2024, MY2025.

Sponsored

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
Tweet @ford #bluecruise and it’s public then!

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
FWIW I was curious about Comma AI and asked a friend who is an AV engineer at one of the major companies for their thoughts. The response was:

“So you want to die in your car? Cool”

Needless to say, his professional recommendation was to avoid the product.
If your a sw developer or have that experience, comma is a good fit to test if you want to spend the time and dollars.

A guy recently offered up a 21 truck to comma to port it.

The ram guys have it ported to 1500 and even TRX I think

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
Good luck and fingers crossed for everyone waiting on Ford to provide the software/update for your BlueCruise it will be worth the wait. I have been using mine for a week now and it works perfectly as advertised, on some curves it will ask you to resume holding the wheel but will reactivate as the curve begins to straighten out.
On the curves test slowing down if you can safely as a test interested in the result.

Allot of these types of systems can have issues on curves and sometimes it’s speed related, especially with the body roll and if higher speed. Some software will slow for corners like supercruise.

Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Thanks. hopefully this means they are getting closer to pushing out these updates.
I think it's promising.
It will be nice to hear what they expect to happen and when, hopefully..

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Well. After reading 16 pages I have concluded that it’s business as usual. Also, some people really need other hobbies.

guess I will continue to patiently wait for the BlueCruise OTA while I also wait for my Bronco to be delivered and news on my Lightning. Good grief I’m a glutton for punishment :eek:

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Well. After reading 16 pages I have concluded that it’s business as usual. Also, some people really need other hobbies.

guess I will continue to patiently wait for the BlueCruise OTA while I also wait for my Bronco to be delivered and news on my Lightning. Good grief I’m a glutton for punishment :eek:
Hobbies like reading 16 pages..
Sponsored