Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
The end of the year would certainly be disappointing. Having previously owned a Tesla, one of the things that caused a lot of angst among owners was the length and seemingly random pace of their OTA's, and that is a company that most look at as the gold standard for that technology. If OTA's are this difficult, I wonder why they don't create a solution where you can have it done at the dealership, like a tune up. Could even be a revenue generator for them. I guess the concern could be liability, but I suspect every time the service department fixes someone's brakes there is a liability risk there also.
They certainly need to address early purchasers.
As I said and many others, we were told 3rd quarter.
I realize things happen but at least let us know realistically when we may get the update.
Hopefully they will hit their target this time..
This fall...
Sponsored

Buster

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Platinum
They certainly need to address early purchasers.
As I said and many others, we were told 3rd quarter.
I realize things happen but at least let us know realistically when we may get the update.
Hopefully they will hit their target this time..
This fall...
Agreed - at least communicate with us early purchasers who purchased in good faith expecting this in Q3. They're not "just" a car manufacturer anymore - they're a software / tech company now too, an expectation set by Ford.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Agreed - at least communicate with us early purchasers who purchased in good faith expecting this in Q3. They're not "just" a car manufacturer anymore - they're a software / tech company now too, an expectation set by Ford.
I told Ford and the OTA tech that I felt like Ford pulled a bait and switch, I traded on my 2019 Limited for a 2021 Limited for 2 main reasons, the first was for the 7.2 KW power source, I live in Key West Florida and have dealt with my share of Hurricanes and power outages. The second reason I traded my 2019 for the 2021 was BlueCruise, I have a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina and about 95% of the 16 hour trip is on BlueCruise compatible highways. I feel like I bought the package for BC based on Fords projection that BC would be available in the third qtr of 2021, even right now on my Ford account page ford advertises BC to be available by the third qtr of 2021, the below attached screen shot was from today (under availability)
No word from Ford, no communication, I have no problem if they would keep me informed but not getting a straight answer is bad business, this is my 6th ford truck, great truck, bad business by Ford

Ford F-150 Received invite for Early Access to BlueCruise update Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 4.12.29 PM

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Honestly, As much as I hate social media I think we need to make more noise. This is BS!
I’ve already complained to ford about my disappointment.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Honestly, As much as I hate social media I think we need to make more noise. This is BS!
I’ve already complained to ford about my disappointment.
I'm within days of being 10 months ago I got mine..
Just give us an honest estimate of when the OTA will be pushed out to us.
I wouldn't be as upset if the ones coming out of the factory didn’t already have it ..
I'm happy for everyone who has it.
Ford needs to step up and give an update..

Sponsored

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
I'm also eager for the update but also like to drive my truck, if they botch this OTA and it bricks the truck everyone will be pissed. I think we are in the better position than Tesla owners with promise of full auto pilot for years....

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Ford do not care - I've also complained but they just ignore us as usual. We need to do something a little more drastic - like file an FTC complaint for misleading advertising / information? How many people purchased a Ford product with the expectation BC would be available in Q3 (based on many media reports). Any "reasonable person" would have expected BC to be made available via OTA by end of Sept for us early purchasers (even knowing we were going to have to pay extra for it) based on available information. We have all paid money for additional hardware with the expectation BC functionality we have not received ... which does not sound good for Ford ... and no attempt by Ford to rectify or reset expectations. As of today, the only way for any of us to get this functionality is to purchase a new truck from the factory. Perhaps a complaint to the FTC (easily filed online), and a letter from an attorney will get some action. I know the path I'll be taking.
Got a link for that FTC complaint? I purposely bought the Prep+ package expecting to use it "in the 3rd quarter." What's even worse is new builds are coming with BC ready to go, so there isn't an issue with BC itself. Like most have said Ford just needs to be up front (ha) and let us know what the delay is and when we can really expect it.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Got a link for that FTC complaint? I purposely bought the Prep+ package expecting to use it "in the 3rd quarter." What's even worse is new builds are coming with BC ready to go, so there isn't an issue with BC itself. Like most have said Ford just needs to be upfront (ha) and let us know what the delay is and when we can really expect it.
I genuinely think that the departments in charge of OTA rollouts are afraid to push the button because no one wants the finger pointed at them if there is a single issue.
There are almost zero chances of the OTA system bricking the vehicle!

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Just posted this on their FB Page -

Bought an 2021 F150 Limited for the Blue Cruise arrival in the 3rd qtr. of 2021. The 3rd qtr. has come and gone and still nothing. Not even an email letting your customers know what the delay is from and for how long you expect it to be. All we want is an update on the progress of the OTA update. If this is how Ford is going to treat customers I do not know if I want to be one.

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
I'm looking forward to BlueCruise as much as the rest of you, but keep in mind that this is very new tech. Ford is likely rolling it out selectively so that they can monitor usage and correct if need be. Imagine how disastrous it would be not only for Ford, but the entire automated driving trend, if a large number of F150s started driving erratically.

I'm a first gen adopter of many things, but this one, lets be a little more cautious!

Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I'm looking forward to BlueCruise as much as the rest of you, but keep in mind that this is very new tech. Ford is likely rolling it out selectively so that they can monitor usage and correct if need be. Imagine how disastrous it would be not only for Ford, but the entire automated driving trend, if a large number of F150s started driving erratically.

I'm a first gen adopter of many things, but this one, lets be a little more cautious!
I for one understand that, but all I am asking for is communication, let me know what to expect, right now with no word from ford and promise dates have come and gone for something that I have bought and paid for its feeling like a bait and switch.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
To add insult to injury, if you google Blue Cruise release date, you start getting advertisements for Ford Blue Cruise on facebook and other sites. :unsure:

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm looking forward to BlueCruise as much as the rest of you, but keep in mind that this is very new tech. Ford is likely rolling it out selectively so that they can monitor usage and correct it if need be. Imagine how disastrous it would be not only for Ford but the entire automated driving trend if a large number of F150s started driving erratically.

I'm a first-gen adopter of many things, but this one, let's be a little more cautious!
I have 2 issues:
  1. New vehicles over the last month are receiving the same software we are waiting for. So this isn't an issue of whether or not it might work correctly or be buggy. It's their OTA system that they are afraid to pressure test by a real roll-out.
  2. I leased my truck in March for 3 years so if I decide to purchase BC when it comes out I will miss out on almost a year.
So at this point because of all of the delays and mistrust Ford should eat the $600 fee and just give us BC free for 3 years.

I've been a Ford guy my whole life, but I've always wanted Tesla.
When I saw Ford was moving to an updatable infrastructure I figured I would stick with Ford for 1 more cycle. If they don't live up to their promises before the end of my lease I will definitely purchase a Tesla (I know I'll just be trading up to a new set of software issues)

To me, it just feels like Tesla engineers are excited about cars and the possibility of cool features.
I just never get that feeling from Ford products. It's always huge buzzwords and half-assed software designs and implementations. They could make these vehicles amazing and not have so many complaints.

Look at the FordPass app, it's a convoluted mess it can't even show me if my vehicle is locked.
I get software is hard (I'm a software dev myself) but you need to care about what you're making.

Last edited:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Ford said they are releasing the beta version first, not everyone can test the beta. And yes the late builds can still be running the beta

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ford said they are releasing the beta version first, not everyone can test the beta. And yes the late builds can still be running the beta
What beta? The software is already being installed at the factory on newer cars!
Sponsored