Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I reached out to Ford today and was told Blue Cruse will be releasing in the 3rd Quarter. In which I said the 4th quarter is in 17 days, and she responded back with that is correct it will be released in the 3rd quarter.
I like that..
Sponsored

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I like that..
Could also be that Ford was waiting for the ruling from the judge on the GM vs. Ford issue regarding "BlueCruise" infringing on the SuperCruise trademark before rolling it out to the entire fleet. Initial feedback from the judge on Friday of last week was interpreted as pro Ford. Or maybe just working out some OTA bugs as it has been noted that new trucks being delivered now with the correct hardware have BlueCruise installed. Just go on a Tesla site to see how long they wait for OTA updates!

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Could also be that Ford was waiting for the ruling from the judge on the GM vs. Ford issue regarding "BlueCruise" infringing on the SuperCruise trademark before rolling it out to the entire fleet. Initial feedback from the judge on Friday of last week was interpreted as pro Ford. Or maybe just working out some OTA bugs as it has been noted that new trucks being delivered now with the correct hardware have BlueCruise installed. Just go on a Tesla site to see how long they wait for OTA updates!
I personally doubt it is anything to do with a name as that doesn't really mean anything. I'm sure it is more logistical/testing/install related.

Just my opinion.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Bluecruise is out there along with the update that allows CarPlay to interface with the dash for directions. Now they just need to get it working with OTA updates!

Looks like it works exactly as the Sandy review with the system kicking off in turns. Also looks to be pretty sensitive with eye tracking. Hard to tell exactly how sensitive as this video has the guy looking at his phone a bunch.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Bluecruise is out there along with the update that allows CarPlay to interface with the dash for directions. Now they just need to get it working with OTA updates!

Looks like it works exactly as the Sandy review with the system kicking off in turns. Also looks to be pretty sensitive with eye tracking. Hard to tell exactly how sensitive as this video has the guy looking at his phone a bunch.
Yeah that was tough to watch. "When the phone is near my face it doesn't like it", yeah no crap. Stop driving at 75 MPH messing with your phone. If you want to be a YouTube star spend $20 and get a mount for recording.

It's crap like that which makes me all the more enthusiastic for this tech to catch on and advance, because people have zero sense.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Yeah that was tough to watch. "When the phone is near my face it doesn't like it", yeah no crap. Stop driving at 75 MPH messing with your phone. If you want to be a YouTube star spend $20 and get a mount for recording.

It's crap like that which makes me all the more enthusiastic for this tech to catch on and advance, because people have zero sense.
amazing a computer is smarter than a human when driving safe

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Maybe this experience is helpful to others, maybe not.

Last week, I emailed the early access address for Ford (via the email address found in this thread) and requested to be added to the early program. Honestly, I didn't have high expectations that I'd hear back, other than just a standard/automated email. However, I heard back pretty quick (same day?) and they enrolled me in the program. I then received another email from them indicating that now that my F-150 is enrolled, that I needed to specifically enrolled in the BC program. He indicated that they were closing the enrollment in the next few days. [That would align the the message a few post back indicating that it is yet this month.]. As part of this message, that once it become available, that I'll have to do the $600 activation and items like that.

Just wanted to share that they do seem to be pretty responsive to the messaging.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB

Last week, I emailed the early access address for Ford (via the email address found in this thread) and requested to be added to the early program. Honestly, I didn't have high expectations that I'd hear back, other than just a standard/automated email. However, I heard back pretty quick (same day?) and they enrolled me in the program. I then received another email from them indicating that now that my F-150 is enrolled, that I needed to specifically enrolled in the BC program. He indicated that they were closing the enrollment in the next few days. [That would align the the message a few post back indicating that it is yet this month.]. As part of this message, that once it become available, that I'll have to do the $600 activation and items like that.

Just wanted to share that they do seem to be pretty responsive to the messaging.
Keep and eye on your early access page. In a few days to a week you should see BC pop us as being available to enroll. You won’t have to pay then, just enroll to get the access when available.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

I have made it this far. I am enrolled in both the program and the BC product. Now, how do I actually enable it/get the OTA update? Anyone actually using it?

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I just bought my truck 2 weeks ago, which includes the Active 2.0 prep, and am eagerly awaiting my email.

Hopefully it gets released before several planned road trips next month.

Sponsored

MaximusW

First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5L Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
Creative Director
Releasing BlueCruise (BC) to new vehicle owners while accepting "beta" users seems counterintuitive. I'm questioning whether there will be a beta test prior to a general release. Maybe the plan all along was to use BC beta testers for subsequent releases (updates).

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Releasing BlueCruise (BC) to new vehicle owners while accepting "beta" users seems counterintuitive. I'm questioning whether there will be a beta test prior to a general release. Maybe the plan all along was to use BC beta testers for subsequent releases (updates).
Great question, not sure the purpose of early access when the new builds already come with the software. Same situation with Mach-E's being delivered (GT Model) with the BC software installed before their Early Access members. Thinking Early Access might be more to determine effectiveness of the over-the-air process? Can't think of another reason why you would deliver the product to regular consumers before distributing it to your Early Access Members other than an OTA issue?

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Great question, not sure the purpose of early access when the new builds already come with the software. Same situation with Mach-E's being delivered (GT Model) with the BC software installed before their Early Access members. Thinking Early Access might be more to determine effectiveness of the over-the-air process? Can't think of another reason why you would deliver the product to regular consumers before distributing it to your Early Access Members other than an OTA issue?
Possibly just to hype it up..
As if it weren't already..
I'm ready, just waiting on someone to scan my card and turn me lose..

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I received notice of BC coming soon. I guess Ford did a dump Email to anyone that bought a 2021 since my truck does not have the option needed to get it to work.