First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Same email. I have Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 so did not expect to receive the email.
Same here. I just started another thread asking if anyone else had gotten this email.

I also only have the Co-Pilot360 Assist. I'm sure someone at Ford is now fielding a bunch of confused callers.

...Or rather ignoring a bunch of confused callers.
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Wow. Spoke like a true fanboi. It isn't about money pal. It is about the quality of the tech. And IF IT IS about money, Sandy drives a Tesla Model 3 that costs a LOT less than an F-150 with BlueCruise. I have a Tesla MX. Tesla's current AP functionality, which has a LOT of problems, is clearly WAY better than the current version of BlueCruise. I've used lane centering on my PB KR for many miles. It blows.

I've driven my Teslas over 200k miles, with probably 100k on AP. It just works, and the current version, with auto-lane changing, auto-exiting, ability to see and respond to stop signs and signals is amazing. Your criticism of Sandy Munro? Childish. He's an icon. Have you watched any of his other stuff? And you then have the cojones to take on the Ford employee providing the demo as though YOU know better? Wow. Just wow. What a defensive fanboi. BlueCruise, whatever you pay for it, should be great. I am waiting for it, but its limits are obviously huge, and as Sandy showed very adroitly, it blows in its current form. It was Ford's choice to show it to him, an acknowledged expert, so if it is in raw form, that's on them - they were apparently ready for it to stand up to his scrutiny - and it failed.
Clearly you don’t understand the difference between a review after 5 minutes of using a product/feature while not actually knowing how to engage it or turn it off.

The fact that the “icon” Sandy fumbles around with the controls “which is so easy a child could do it” this review is an insult to everyone that owns one of these vehicles and know how to use it.

I push things to their limits and know the boundaries based on actually usage.

My “fan boy” statements are based using 26k miles of actual driving with lane centering on.

if anyone is qualified to leave a proper review of this tech, it would probably be the guy that’s driven the most miles with that tech, not the ignorant person that used it for 5 miles.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
On top of everything else I have ranted about, clearly the prior posters do not fully understand sample size and the scientific method.

We do not have nearly enough data from the video review to make any conclusions about how anything does or doesn’t work well in curves or with blue cruise either.

We saw maybe 3-4 curves in the video so that’s not even close to a resonable sample size.

2 things you should know about lane centering. It can’t navigate roads (lanes with lines) that get excessively narrow (similar to that curve) and it also thinks something is wrong when it sees solid white lines on both sides. It isn’t typical on roads, so it does confuse it sometimes. Also, there was a huge open area with no lines to the right and an 18 wheeler in the camera views to the forward right. It didn’t turn off ONLY because of the curve, it disabled lane centering ALSO because it wasn’t confident the 18 wheeler wasn’t a wall and there were no clear road edge lines, or dirt/grass, basically nothing for it to see. So that is an entirely different issue.
My lane centering can navigate curves with ease, and it does it even better when you have the aggressiveness on HIGH. When angular momentum is being changed it takes steering force to overcome the straight line that physics requires the truck to drive.

If the system fought you too hard, people would complain too, so there are 3 setting levels. If it isn’t aggressive enough for your liking, please turn it on high.

Not to mention Sandy Turned it off for one curve because he had no clue what he was doing not how the system works (lane centering without blue cruise).

Curve with solid lines:
700C4513-A38E-4868-8314-19B49FCEC4FC.png

Similar Angle / Sharp Curve (and Blue Cruise stayed on): In fact it looks like a steeper curve than the previous.

7DE6DCDF-4B9D-4C2F-B45E-903CFA58AAD6.png
I found it a little disturbing that that guy was considered the "authority" on the subject matter, He seemed not only unfamiliar with the system but more judgmental to what he liked and didn't like instead of open minded to why/how the system worked and why it was engineered that way, his closing (paraphrased)statement of "the tesla does this, and I think your system should too" struck me as more as personal opinion/preference than technical input for lack of a better explanation

Last edited:

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Clearly you don’t understand the difference between a review after 5 minutes of using a product/feature while not actually knowing how to engage it or turn it off.

The fact that the “icon” Sandy fumbles around with the controls “which is so easy a child could do it” this review is an insult to everyone that owns one of these vehicles and know how to use it.

I push things to their limits and know the boundaries based on actually usage.

My “fan boy” statements are based using 26k miles of actual driving with lane centering on.

if anyone is qualified to leave a proper review of this tech, it would probably be the guy that’s driven the most miles with that tech, not the ignorant person that used it for 5 miles.
I’ll say your replies in this thread have been extremely fanboy-ish, it’s painful to read how incapable of being objective you are. Is Co-Pilot a good system? Absolutely, I enjoy using it when it works, but that doesn’t mean it anything even remotely close to what Tesla has done with AutoPilot. They’re not even close in capabilities, Ford’s system is essentially a “line following” system in its current state.

It’s not “bashing Ford” to point out these flaws, it’s simply calling a spade a spade and being objective about the system’s functionality. I’m sure things will improve with OTAs and I have a positive outlook on Ford’s capabilities in this area in the future.

The number of people I’ve seen blindly defending some of this system’s capabilities is just strange. People acting like it never loses its path, or making it settings that don’t even exist to change certain aspects of the system is just childish and embarrassing.

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I’ll say your replies in this thread have been extremely fanboy-ish, it’s painful to read how incapable of being objective you are. Is Co-Pilot a good system? Absolutely, I enjoy using it when it works, but that doesn’t mean it anything even remotely close to what Tesla has done with AutoPilot. They’re not even close in capabilities, Ford’s system is essentially a “line following” system in its current state.

It’s not “bashing Ford” to point out these flaws, it’s simply calling a spade a spade and being objective about the system’s functionality. I’m sure things will improve with OTAs and I have a positive outlook on Ford’s capabilities in this area in the future.

The number of people I’ve seen blindly defending some of this system’s capabilities is just strange. People acting like it never loses its path, or making it settings that don’t even exist to change certain aspects of the system is just childish and embarrassing.
Ok. I’ve driven 26k miles with 90% of those using lane centering on backwoods Alabama roads and interstates. My vehicle is still in tact, and I worked on a laptop for many of those miles, while the truck drove.

Until someonehas more miles under their belt using lane centering than me, you’re going to have a hard time going toe to toe with me.

I’ve done things in vehicles you people can’t even fathom or imagine on your best day. Don’t come at me with your 5,000 miles of driving telling me that I don’t know what I’m talking about. Trust the most experienced driver, not the one that barely has faith in the lane centering system because they are so new to the technology.

You don’t post a review until you’ve fully learned a system and it’s quirks, especially a crappy review like Sandy left. You don't drive 5 miles and then render judgement for millions to listen to and be turned off to a wonderful product.

When your Tesla can tow 12,000 lbs and has 7.2kw output, then come back and compare the two vehicles. Because right now I own a platinum powerboost and the Tesla isn’t even close to feasible for the general public.

What I’m reading is that the negative comments are coming from people that have no faith in the system, because they have no clue how it works.

The F-150 system does in fact use Laser. I guarantee you of this. I know this is a fact, and there are other threads on this forum that assist in proving that point, so please go somewhere else.

Obviously the previous troller had no clue what he/she was talking about. Just like Sandy.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
The F-150 system does in fact use Laser. I guarantee you of this. I know this is a fact, and there are other threads on this forum that assist in proving that point, so please go somewhere else.
Honestly, PLEASE stop posting about things that you really don’t know or understand. The Ford system DOES NOT use a laser. You have made a number of statements that are absolutely false. No one doubts that you have driven a bunch of miles with the system and we all respect your opinion that you like it, but your blatant disregard for the limits of the system are appalling.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Honestly, PLEASE stop posting about things that you really don’t know or understand. The Ford system DOES NOT use a laser. You have made a number of statements that are absolutely false. No one doubts that you have driven a bunch of miles with the system and we all respect your opinion that you like it, but your blatant disregard for the limits of the system are appalling.
Yeah, it does not use a laser. I have been through the entire content package of my F-150 (as I work for Ford, and only a few miles from where my truck was built), and there was nothing laser related. Eye detection system is an IR capture, lane markings are camera based, and long distance vehicle tracking is radar based.

Unless you have something more concrete to present.

Anyway, I would gladly take the word of dozens of people that have done thousands of miles over one person doing sketchy stuff over much larger number of miles but in the same general area. Every day 2021 F-150s drive more than 22k miles between all the drivers, and many of them are using adaptive cruise/lane centering. I have used it on a few long trips. There is nothing I would significantly gain by having 15k more miles of driving with it. I know its limitations and strengths. It's a great system, but definitely not something I would take my eyes off. But that goes for any of the autonomous driving assistance techs.

There is a reason it is called Co-Pilot. Anyone that lets it be the pilot is a fool.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Ok. I’ve driven 26k miles with 90% of those using lane centering on backwoods Alabama roads and interstates. My vehicle is still in tact, and I worked on a laptop for many of those miles, while the truck drove.

Until someonehas more miles under their belt using lane centering than me, you’re going to have a hard time going toe to toe with me.

I’ve done things in vehicles you people can’t even fathom or imagine on your best day. Don’t come at me with your 5,000 miles of driving telling me that I don’t know what I’m talking about. Trust the most experienced driver, not the one that barely has faith in the lane centering system because they are so new to the technology.

You don’t post a review until you’ve fully learned a system and it’s quirks, especially a crappy review like Sandy left. You don't drive 5 miles and then render judgement for millions to listen to and be turned off to a wonderful product.

When your Tesla can tow 12,000 lbs and has 7.2kw output, then come back and compare the two vehicles. Because right now I own a platinum powerboost and the Tesla isn’t even close to feasible for the general public.

What I’m reading is that the negative comments are coming from people that have no faith in the system, because they have no clue how it works.

Obviously the previous troller had no clue what he/she was talking about. Just like Sandy.
I don’t own a Tesla, I’m perfectly happy with my truck, we’re all simply commenting on our own experiences with our trucks. No one is doubting how many miles you've driven or the system's capabilities in ideal conditions. Not understanding the system has absolutely nothing to do with it either. You could even argue the entire purpose of one of these systems is that they don't require much previous knowledge and are supposed to mostly be able to act on their own, hence the whole "autonomous" thing...

I’ve had times with mine where I truly feel like it’s locked in and I could fall asleep at the wheel on the highway and it would handle things for me, I’ve also had it almost kill me twice in pretty normal conditions where it decided “I’m done, you take over” for no apparent reason on well marked lanes and just decide to start driving straight through a turn. Doesn’t happen often, but it’s happened. It's also very picky about the visibility of the lines before you can even engage it, Tesla' systems for example can engage without any lane markings on one side in most conditions. Again, not even on the same planet in terms of capabilities, and that's perfectly fine. Not saying my F-150 needs Tesla's FSD system at all, nor is anyone else, we're simply comparing two different offerings out there with very different capabilities.

I hope to god next time I’m not driving driving next to you on your laptop with the system engaged driving illegally. Hopefully Ford has something similar to Tesla in place where they logged all the idiots not paying attention while driving and remove them from their betas, because you clearly aren’t up to the responsibility of being able to pay attention to the road with something like lane centering engaged.
https://electrek.co/2021/03/12/tesl...paying-attention-from-full-self-driving-beta/

Last edited:

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Exactly. Right now Lane Centering wants to take each off ramp when I’m in the right hand lane and not actively steering. It’s my understanding the GPS mapping will enlighten the truck enough to know about the off ramp and to stay inhe lane, rather than simply follow the shoulder line right off the freeway.
I've noticed mine will do it occasionally,
I just tap the left turn signal and the truck responds and stays in the right lane.
Not a great fix but works till they work the bug out..

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I have active prep and purchased in January. Ford says I can buy blue cruise, but my connected services page says it is "coming soon" any idea when it will actually be available? It is frustrating to be an early adopter and not have access to features, especially when people are getting emails to buy the blue cruise feature and they don't even have active prep.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I have active prep and purchased in January. Ford says I can buy blue cruise, but my connected services page says it is "coming soon" any idea when it will actually be available? It is frustrating to be an early adopter and not have access to features, especially when people are getting emails to buy the blue cruise feature and they don't even have active prep.
Doesn't appear to me we are going to receive anything early.
I thought official release for Blue Cruise was scheduled for October??
Am I missing something..

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
You’re not missing anything, Blue Cruise isn’t available yet other than a small group of beta testers.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I reached out to Ford today and was told Blue Cruse will be releasing in the 3rd Quarter. In which I said the 4th quarter is in 17 days, and she responded back with that is correct it will be released in the 3rd quarter.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
There have been scattered reports of new F-150 owners having BlueCruise on their newly bought trucks, already enabled and working. It isn't unusual with Ford that new purchase vehicles have some of this stuff, the most common was Sync updates showing up in the wild on new vehicles before appearing on the update page.

I suspect with BC being active on newly built trucks, we are only a week or so away from launch.
Sponsored