JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
This was the body of the email:
We’d like to thank you for participating in the Ford Early Access Program by offering you the chance to be among the first to experience Ford BlueCruise.* This feature is compatible on prequalified sections of divided highways called Hands‑Free Blue Zones that make up over 100,000 miles of North American roads. As you’ve previously purchased the Ford Co‑Pilot360™ Active 2‌.0 Prep Package, your vehicle is already equipped with a driver‑facing camera and the additional radar hardware required to enable BlueCruise.** Please note that BlueCruise software does require an additional purchase, which includes a three‑year service period.**​
BlueCruise is a new technology that builds upon available Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop‑and‑Go, Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition. Equipped with a series of high‑tech cameras, the BlueCruise hands‑free highway driving experience allows your Ford vehicle to stay centered in your lane while handling stop‑and‑go traffic with ease.​
If you’re ready to experience BlueCruise, click the link below to learn more and sign up.​

MrJoeyJiffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2021 Lariat 502
I have over $20,000 in options, might as well be a lariat. The one that gives me the BC option is Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0, connected Built-in navigation (3-yr)
I have a lariat (ordered in transit should be here in 2 weeks or so)with co pilot 360 assist 2.0 built in navigation(also 360 camera package added) but I did not add the active prep i am under the impression active prep is required for blue cruise as it adds the in cabin eye sensors and such. Do you also have the active prep package?

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Thank you. Looks like they passed me up......
it seems that I was passed by as well…bummer. I did find a link to sign up for the early access software program. It required that I sign in with my Fordpass account and then told me the program wasnt available on my truck. It gave me the option to sign up on the waitlist.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
it seems that I was passed by as well…bummer. I did find a link to sign up for the early access software program. It required that I sign in with my Fordpass account and then told me the program wasnt available on my truck. It gave me the option to sign up on the waitlist.
Same for me.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
1628113564438.png

BC is principally available on interstates & major highways. As the map shows, those of us out West get slim pickings. BC is advertised as hands-free, Erik...unlike lane centering. And yup, Ford put an informer in the cockpit with us, just to make sure we're not reading War & Peace. I'm glad to hear about the invitations, even if I didn't get one. I'm keen to give it a try.

Jack
I guess Ford plans on adding to the available blue Cruise mapping in the coming months/years?

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I have over $20,000 in options, might as well be a lariat. The one that gives me the BC option is Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0, connected Built-in navigation (3-yr)
That won’t get you BlueCruise though, your vehicle is not capable. You need Ford Co-Pilot 360 ACTIVE Prep. Which is only available on 502a Lariat and higher. Whether Ford sends you a BlueCruise invite or not, your truck is lacking the hardware for it, plain and simple.

Edit: Per Ford:
  • For F-150, Active Drive Assist will be available as a part of the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package for $1,595. The Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package is standard on F-150 Limited and available as an option on Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum models.

The Active vs Assist has confused a lot, a lot of people. But no XLT will be BlueCruise capable, regardless of options. For 2021 anyway, 2022 MY trucks they could expand it.

Last edited:

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
That won’t get you BlueCruise though, your vehicle is not capable. You need Ford Co-Pilot 360 ACTIVE Prep. Which is only available on 502a Lariat and higher. Whether Ford sends you a BlueCruise invite or not, your truck is lacking the hardware for it, plain and simple.

• For F-150, Active Drive Assist will be available as a part of the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package for $1,595. The Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 package is standard on F-150 Limited and available as an option on Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum models.

The Active vs Assist has confused a lot, a lot of people. But no XLT will be BlueCruise capable, regardless of options. For 2021 anyway, 2022 MY trucks they could expand it.
It’s the Active 2.0 PREP that you need to have the blue cruise. I will post a photo showing the option on my sticker.

I’m really sorry if this bursts anyone’s happy bubble :(

I was just clarifying what the previous poster was saying.

Ford F-150 Received invite for Early Access to BlueCruise update 9476C384-BCB0-4CB7-9159-CFBF482A69B6

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
OMG I just sent them an email an hour ago at that address, then logged in to try again, and this is what it said!!!!!!!

Ford F-150 Received invite for Early Access to BlueCruise update 3D71DB0F-7F07-40E7-B0BD-D85F72F733BC

Signing up for Early Access NOW!

I really think everything is rolling out based on in service date. People that just got their trucks haven’t gotten the 1.6.0 update yet, but most folks that have older 2021’s have from what I can see.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I received something and have the option that allows me to add it. The gentleman's comment its hands fee is not totally accurate. Your required to keep hands on steering wheel and eyes focused on road. Many time I have been reminded to keep hands on wheel when cruise control is engaged or the it will cancel it. Same with Blue Cruise. Additionally a camera will check to make sure your eyes are on the road too. So $600 for Three years is reasonable and I may give it a try, but only good for long trips not in town, I prefer to be in control around town.
Blue cruise will be completely hands free. Presumably you’ll only be asked to touch the wheel should some kind of obstacle or really poor lane lines show up. If you have an XLT, you unfortunately won’t be able to get blue cruise. Minimum trim that could add it is Lariat 502A. And you have to add the CoPilot 360 Active Assist package on top of the copilot assist 2.0.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford

Blue cruise will be completely hands free. Presumably you’ll only be asked to touch the wheel should some kind of obstacle or really poor lane lines show up. If you have an XLT, you unfortunately won’t be able to get blue cruise. Minimum trim that could add it is Lariat 502A. And you have to add the CoPilot 360 Active Assist package on top of the copilot assist 2.0.
Point of clarification: Blue Cruise / Active Prep is also available on Tremor 402A (High) and included with Raptor 801A (High).

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
nope that doesn't give you blue cruise, you need a lariat or above and co-pilot 360 2.0 ACTIVE
Sponsored