Sponsored

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
So I have a beginner question about the early access program for BC - I have a 2021 Lariat PB and bought it with the prep package specifically to get BC, but I checked if I'm in the early access program and online it said no, so I joined the waitlist. I guess I'm just a little confused, anybody can buy a new F-150 with BC ready to go, but I have all the hardware and have to be put on a waitlist? How did everyone else here get into the early access program in the first place, and is there anything else I can do?
I wouldn't worry too much about the early access program - I've been in it for months and still don't have access to BC. I can't even get the latest OTA (the one with Apple Car Play directions and rear view cameras at speed), so I'm not sure being in the EAP has any advantages at all.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I wouldn't worry too much about the early access program - I've been in it for months and still don't have access to BC. I can't even get the latest OTA (the one with Apple Car Play directions and rear view cameras at speed), so I'm not sure being in the EAP has any advantages at all.
I agree..
There isn't any reason to join.
Not one person in the program has gotten BC.
Has been no more than a waste of time.

Doggydoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I picked up my power boost from Granger yesterday and am currently on a 3 day 1800 mile road trip back to Salem, Oregon and have been using blue cruise about 98% of the time and it is awesome! I will wright a more detailed review once I get home on my laptop. So far I am pleased with the way It is performing and am sure it will only get better.

I didn’t have to do anything special to get it to work, I think since mine was built this past month it just works from factory. I did pay the $1500 for blue cruise which includes the 3 year subscription.

Sponsored

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
2021 F150 PB Lariat with the Prep package purchased May 2021.

I was trying to find any information what power up my truck is on. I can’t find anything on the phone app. I went to the fore website and signed in and the went to connected services, I see connected navigation good until 2024 and Blue cruise coming soon. If I dig deeper I find this below.

Your vehicle is equipped with the BlueCruise hardware prep kit – which means you’re one step closer to hands-free highway driving. But before you can officially purchase and use BlueCruise, your vehicle will need a software update (don’t worry – we’ll send it your way as soon as it’s available).

In the meantime, be sure to visit this page for updates and adjust your in-vehicle settings to allow for automatic and scheduled Over-the-Air updates, so you can take advantage of this all-new feature when it’s ready.

*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Blue Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner's Manual for detail and limitations. The BlueCruise Prep Kit contains the hardware required for this feature. Requires purchased 3-year connected service plan with regular map updates, FordPass App and modem activation. BlueCruise functionality expected 3rd quarter 2021CY.

Please see the FordPass Terms and Privacy Policy for information related to your Ford Account and FordPass services, including the handling of personal information.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
2021 F150 PB Lariat with the Prep package purchased May 2021.

I was trying to find any information what power up my truck is on. I can’t find anything on the phone app. I went to the fore website and signed in and the went to connected services, I see connected navigation good until 2024 and Blue cruise coming soon. If I dig deeper I find this below.

Your vehicle is equipped with the BlueCruise hardware prep kit – which means you’re one step closer to hands-free highway driving. But before you can officially purchase and use BlueCruise, your vehicle will need a software update (don’t worry – we’ll send it your way as soon as it’s available).

In the meantime, be sure to visit this page for updates and adjust your in-vehicle settings to allow for automatic and scheduled Over-the-Air updates, so you can take advantage of this all-new feature when it’s ready.

*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Blue Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner's Manual for detail and limitations. The BlueCruise Prep Kit contains the hardware required for this feature. Requires purchased 3-year connected service plan with regular map updates, FordPass App and modem activation. BlueCruise functionality expected 3rd quarter 2021CY.

Please see the FordPass Terms and Privacy Policy for information related to your Ford Account and FordPass services, including the handling of personal information.
We're in the 4th quarter and have no idea when we will really get it..

Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
I picked up my power boost from Granger yesterday and am currently on a 3 day 1800 mile road trip back to Salem, Oregon and have been using blue cruise about 98% of the time and it is awesome! I will wright a more detailed review once I get home on my laptop. So far I am pleased with the way It is performing and am sure it will only get better.

I didn’t have to do anything special to get it to work, I think since mine was built this past month it just works from factory. I did pay the $1500 for blue cruise which includes the 3 year subscription.
I think I’m I the same situation. My truck was built in October, and BlueCruise is a line item on the window sticker. I didn’t sign up for BlueCruise, but I got an email this morning that it was activated. When I was using adaptive cruise today, I noticed the dash had a different graphic that said “Hands-Free.” It’s bonkers, and I love it.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I think I’m I the same situation. My truck was built in October, and BlueCruise is a line item on the window sticker. I didn’t sign up for BlueCruise, but I got an email this morning that it was activated. When I was using adaptive cruise today, I noticed the dash had a different graphic that said “Hands-Free.” It’s bonkers, and I love it.
So did they do an OTA activation or update to the software.
That's awesome..

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
That's too cool..
Who is that singing, love it????

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
So did they do an OTA activation or update to the software.
That's awesome..
I‘m thinking the ones that show BlueCruise on the window sticker may have come from the factory with the software. I’m not sure. I didn’t see any OTA updates (only got my truck yesterday).

That's too cool..
Who is that singing, love it????
Mazzy Star - I’ve been Let Down
Sponsored