Sponsored

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
There wasn’t any additional charge for it, but it sounds like there will be at some point in the future.

While I understand the need for ongoing revenue to support continuous software development, I sure do hate all these subscription services!
I agree with you 100%!!!
Sponsored

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I think the subscription service is to update the mapping system. An important distinction is how that mapping is used. If it is to provide super accurate gps mapping (like the lidar measured system in SuperCruise) and that information allows our vehicles to stay centered in the lane better and handle curves more accurately I think it would be worth it. Over a five year period look at it as a $3k cost for really good Level 2 driver assist. I was under the impression that the new vehicles rolling off the assembly line with bluecruise had the first three years already baked into the cost but I could be wrong there. Frankly I would be willing to pay more to go to a dealership and have them install bluecruise (I know that isn't currently an option) rather than wait for an unforeseen amount of time before the over-the-air update finally comes.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I have road trip #2 coming up this weekend since I bought the truck last month. 10+ hours of highway driving tomorrow, and I was really hoping to get my BC by now.

Unless I magically get an OTA update tonight, I'll just drive the old-fashioned way. I guess I can periodically flip off the driver-facing camera to make myself feel better on the drive.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I think the subscription service is to update the mapping system. An important distinction is how that mapping is used. If it is to provide super accurate gps mapping (like the lidar measured system in SuperCruise) and that information allows our vehicles to stay centered in the lane better and handle curves more accurately I think it would be worth it. Over a five year period look at it as a $3k cost for really good Level 2 driver assist. I was under the impression that the new vehicles rolling off the assembly line with bluecruise had the first three years already baked into the cost but I could be wrong there. Frankly I would be willing to pay more to go to a dealership and have them install bluecruise (I know that isn't currently an option) rather than wait for an unforeseen amount of time before the over-the-air update finally comes.
I agree. I heard it was $600 for 3 years. Once you purchase, it will auto download. Let’s see!

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I have road trip #2 coming up this weekend since I bought the truck last month. 10+ hours of highway driving tomorrow, and I was really hoping to get my BC by now.

Unless I magically get an OTA update tonight, I'll just drive the old-fashioned way. I guess I can periodically flip off the driver-facing camera to make myself feel better on the drive.
The adaptive cruise control works well. You just need to nudge the steering wheel about every 20-30 seconds.

Sponsored

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
The adaptive cruise control works well. You just need to nudge the steering wheel about every 20-30 seconds.
Or you could use the ankle weight to bypass that (not saying you should, but you "could")

tone_zr1

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited, 2010 Corvette ZR1,2021 F150 plat
Occupation
Telecommunications
Or you could use the ankle weight to bypass that (not saying you should, but you "could")
That hasn't worked for me. I think I bought 2 lb weights and no luck. Still tells me to put my hands on the wheel.

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
That hasn't worked for me. I think I bought 2 lb weights and no luck. Still tells me to put my hands on the wheel.
I wrap mine very tightly around the steering wheel (2.5 lb velcro strap ankle weight) and have no issues with long stretches of hands free driving.

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
Had the interesting experience of driving a new Lariat from bay area to LA area and "discovering" BC. The lane centering, braking and acceleration are very well done. Comparing it to a 2019 Volvo, which required you to have your hand somewhere on the wheel every 20-30 seconds. One area Ford is better is there is no way to miss the fact that hands free is engaged. The alert that it's turning off could be louder. In both the Ford and Volvo, the indicator for setting the distance between the car in front of you is at the bottom and a bit small. Seems like when the blue steering wheel takes over the tachometer, some of that space could be used to indicate the settings.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Just put a deposit on the new Sierra as I am tired of waiting for BC. At least out of the box SC will be installed in the truck with the ability to tow and do lane changes.
It is refundable so hopefully I do not have to make the change.

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Wayne, your post is the first one I've seen from a F150 owner using BC. Can you say more about how it was made available on your PB. (As you can see, I've got the same engine/powertrain model you do, altho' I took delivery of a May-built PB that's got the 'prep' package). Thanks.

Jack (born & bred in Long Beach, as it happens)

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
So I have a beginner question about the early access program for BC - I have a 2021 Lariat PB and bought it with the prep package specifically to get BC, but I checked if I'm in the early access program and online it said no, so I joined the waitlist. I guess I'm just a little confused, anybody can buy a new F-150 with BC ready to go, but I have all the hardware and have to be put on a waitlist? How did everyone else here get into the early access program in the first place, and is there anything else I can do?
Sponsored