Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Yes. It’s sad. Reading Forum posts is currently a hobby of mine. We are holed up caretaking for my aging In-laws. So, don’t leave the house much.
That's real a job..
I've been there done that for my dad.
I know they appreciate it..
Take care..

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Well. After reading 16 pages I have concluded that it’s business as usual. Also, some people really need other hobbies.

guess I will continue to patiently wait for the BlueCruise OTA while I also wait for my Bronco to be delivered and news on my Lightning. Good grief I’m a glutton for punishment :eek:
Indeed. You think this is bad - there are people that are jumping over the proverbial cliff on the Bronco forum site. My Bronco build just got pushed back a week (10/25) - and yet the sun still rose in the east again this morning.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I think the anxiety for the blue cruise software is that no one thought that new builds purchased in September would have the software installed while people who have owned their F-150's for months would not. Probably because the Over The Air process was underestimated as a source of problems for Ford. The most frustration is from the "Early Access" folks who signed up expecting to the the software before anyone else, only to realize that what they would really be testing is the OTA process.

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
I find it hugging the right side of the lane also.
Drives me nuts..
Back on the topic of the lane centering / bluecruise hugging the right side of the lane. I took it to one of the better dealers in my area (bozard in st Augustine) and they indicated they’ve done some kind of update to the module that was needed and are taking it on the interstate with computers hooked up to run diagnostics and calibration. Will report back

And completely off topic they said the rear window rattle when bass is playing from radio is unfortunately also happening to other trucks on the lot and they don’t think replacing my back window would change anything. They are escalating to ford engineering

Sponsored

MaximusW

First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5L Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
Creative Director
'Alex on Autos' drove a Mach E GT with BlueCruise and shares his thoughts:
At this point in the video he shares what he was told by Ford reps regarding the timing of the OTA rollout:

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
A bit ironic, isn't it... Alex the reviewer is getting an update on BC from Ford reps and those of us who included the prep package in our orders are out in the tall weeds, wondering what happened to the Q3 OTA. Love the '21 Powerboost but it's become obvious to this first-time Ford owner that customer communication - across the board - is not one of Ford's areas of excellence. Clearly, that's an area where they need to improve...

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
A bit ironic, isn't it... Alex the reviewer is getting an update on BC from Ford reps and those of us who included the prep package in our orders are out in the tall weeds, wondering what happened to the Q3 OTA. Love the '21 Powerboost but it's become obvious to this first-time Ford owner that customer communication - across the board - is not one of Ford's areas of excellence. Clearly, that's an area where they need to improve...
Is it possible to name a couple of “ Ford’s areas of excellence “. Just saying . But long term Ford owner here.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Back on the topic of the lane centering / bluecruise hugging the right side of the lane. I took it to one of the better dealers in my area (bozard in st Augustine) and they indicated they’ve done some kind of update to the module that was needed and are taking it on the interstate with computers hooked up to run diagnostics and calibration. Will report back

And completely off topic they said the rear window rattle when bass is playing from radio is unfortunately also happening to other trucks on the lot and they don’t think replacing my back window would change anything. They are escalating to ford engineering
I have a new rear window on order. Hopefully, it fixes the rattle. I will let you know.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB

I asked my local dealer to address the rattling back window on three different visits (in for other issues) to the dealership. They reitererated each time that it was a "design flaw". The third time I spoke with the manager and asked what they could do if it was a design flaw and he said that they would be escalating it to Ford engineering. That was 4 months ago... In the mean time, I wrapped the wire that runs between the two rear panels with felt tape and the problem is 90% fixed.

Sponsored

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Hoping that elusive OTA update comes soon so we can be talking about blue cruise instead of rear window rattling!

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Still waiting... Dunno what they are waiting for. Be 2022 before they blink.

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
I just picked up a 2021 F-150 Limited with PowerBoost on Saturday. I had to go a couple of states to the East to get it, but when driving it back, I engaged the automatic cruise control and after a few seconds everything turned blue and it said Hands Free. I was shocked because I thought that BlueCruise had’nt been released yet. It worked quite well and overall I am impressed with it. It does have problems staying engaged at sundown, but with the sun shining directly into the front camera I can understand that there are times when it can’t see the road. I imagine that dawn would present similar problems if you are driving East.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I just picked up a 2021 F-150 Limited with PowerBoost on Saturday. I had to go a couple of states to the East to get it, but when driving it back, I engaged the automatic cruise control and after a few seconds everything turned blue and it said Hands Free. I was shocked because I thought that BlueCruise had’nt been released yet. It worked quite well and overall I am impressed with it. It does have problems staying engaged at sundown, but with the sun shining directly into the front camera I can understand that there are times when it can’t see the road. I imagine that dawn would present similar problems if you are driving East.
That is awesome. Did you pay the $600 for it or you just got updated? I am still waiting for the release.

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
There wasn’t any additional charge for it, but it sounds like there will be at some point in the future.

While I understand the need for ongoing revenue to support continuous software development, I sure do hate all these subscription services!
Sponsored