First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I think this rollout is going to be drug out than we anticipated. Ford is rolling out their latest sync 4 versions to Mach-e right now and It’s an 8GB upgrade. (Power up 1.7.1) That’s going to require a slow rollout.
Then will come the large BlueCruise upgrade for the modules.

I'm not sure about how many Mach-E are out in the wild but it may be months before we see our turn.

I also wonder what effect the BC lawsuit with GM will have on them rolling this out.
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
This might be a stupid question, but what is the big advantage of Blue Cruise versus adaptive cruise with lane centering, other than taking your hands off the wheel?

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
This might be a stupid question, but what is the big advantage of Blue Cruise versus adaptive cruise with lane centering, other than taking your hands off the wheel?
That's it, it's a huge advantage having the option to drive without using your hands..

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
I'm guessing they're worried about the OTA and need more time to test. It sounds like we should expect this around mid November. I too purchased this Ford specifically for this feature - I sold my GMC truck and decided to "give Ford a try". GM release their Super Cruise trucks in March with order books opening in December - its going to be a superior product - after this experience I think I'll go back to GMC.
Check the latest news on supercruise no chips no supercruise

we could try and run comma.ai openpilot in these new ford trucks, I am guessing a mach e might be first to run comma openpilot with comma 3 and red panda

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate

we could try and run comma.ai openpilot in these new ford trucks, I am guessing a mach e might be first to run comma openpilot with comma 3 and red panda
I did also hear something about Cadillac holding off on super cruise for early 2022 builds because of the chip shortage. I think the concern here is that the hardware is already installed so then is there an issue with the OTA process? If so and the delay is going to take a long time, is there a workaround where it can be dealer installed? Hopefully we get an update (no pun intended) soon!

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L

FWIW I was curious about Comma AI and asked a friend who is an AV engineer at one of the major companies for their thoughts. The response was:

“So you want to die in your car? Cool”

Needless to say, his professional recommendation was to avoid the product.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
It looks like GM and Ford have resolved the lawsuit over the name BlueCruise. Hopefully, that means the OTA update is ready to go... ideally this week before my road trip this weekend.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...against-ford-over-bluecruise-name/5985023001/
I personally have a really hard time believing that any update was stalled due to a pending lawsuit. If companies had to wait for lawsuits to be settled, then no products would ever get truly launched.

Just my $.02, but my best guess is the OTA testing has caused the delayed. Massive files and is causing problems in the install process.

Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Cool, I can see the FAQs and I too say Coming Soon on my account. Fingers crossed I can get BlueCruise before my 10 hour road trip this weekend.

Ford F-150 Received invite for Early Access to BlueCruise update 1633486940537

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Cool, I can see the FAQs and I too say Coming Soon on my account. Fingers crossed I can get BlueCruise before my 10 hour road trip this weekend.

1633486940537.png
There is no update on my connected services tab.
I bought my truck in December.
I'll just try to be patient and wait it out.
Fingers crossed.
Good luck guys..

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
For the last hour this has been what I see when trying to go to my connected services web page -
Ford F-150 Received invite for Early Access to BlueCruise update 1633540467396

Hopefully this means they are working on something big...
Sponsored