• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Received an Invite From Competing Dealer to Order Lightning Today

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Not at my dealer of choice but a competing dealer. Are dealers this clueless on how the process works? Are they able to see Wave 2 now?
Ford F-150 Lightning Received an Invite From Competing Dealer to Order Lightning Today Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 7.38.09 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Not at my dealer of choice but a competing dealer. Are dealers this clueless on how the process works? Are they able to see the Wave 2 now?
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 7.38.09 AM.png
Maybe your dealer isn't a certified EV dealer or doesn't have EV certified sales person

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Maybe your dealer isn't a certified EV dealer or doesn't have EV certified sales person
No, dealer is definitely certified and this dealer is 100 miles away. I suspect they are trying to sell spots, I am going to call and find out what kind of shady crap they are trying to pull off. The funny part is my brother has a reservation here and no one has answered any of his questions.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
No, dealer is definitely certified and this dealer is 100 miles away. I suspect they are trying to sell spots, I am going to call and find out what kind of shady crap they are trying to pull off. The funny part is my brother has a reservation here and no one has answered any of his questions.
Damn I'd report that dealer to Ford if that's the case. Im interested in a follow-up post about whatever you find out

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Called the dealer and spoke with the ordering clerk. Seems like the email was sent out as an error. They wanted me to forward the email so they can notify their customers about this error. No ADM also, so my brother is happy lol

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Called the dealer and spoke with the ordering clerk. Seems like the email was sent out as an error. They wanted me to forward the email so they can notify their customers about this error. No ADM also, so my brother is happy lol
Good to hear no ADM - never would have considered them as I am closer to them in LA county than Ken Grody Ford in Orange County where my reservation is at.

Funny, I always get my Hondas from Norm Reeves - they are the most transparent and honest dealer I have dealt with.

So far, 6 Hondas in the past 25 years!

Passing by 6 other Honda dealers, the drive to Norm Reeves has always been a win for both parties.

Strange I did not get a marketing email from Norm Reeves as I get way too many....
Sponsored