First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I have my truck set to receive any OTA. Set for 1 AM 7 days a week. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive any OTA down loads.

I got the trailer brake recall done by taking the truck to the dealer.
Mine did a sucessfull OTA update for the very first time and it was the 22S17 for the Trailer module. Had the truck in the shop few days later and they did the update again. They couldn't explain to me why it had to be done again, other than the OTA didn't work after all.
Sponsored

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
I've only received 22S15 OTA which is for the powertrain control module. Took my truck in today to have the recall done and they told me it was already done via OTA, even though I have absolutely no way of knowing. Is there any way to know if it's actually done? It simply disappeared from my app a few days ago but I have zero indication of any updates being done

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I've only received 22S15 OTA which is for the powertrain control module. Took my truck in today to have the recall done and they told me it was already done via OTA, even though I have absolutely no way of knowing. Is there any way to know if it's actually done? It simply disappeared from my app a few days ago but I have zero indication of any updates being done
If you send me your VIN, I can check your as-built data and tell you what software version you have. If you have an iPhone, you can also download @tonesto7 ’s widget and check your as-built data yourself. You have the most recent version if the software loaded into the TRM module at node F188 ends in -BB.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
If you send me your VIN, I can check your as-built data and tell you what software version you have. If you have an iPhone, you can also download @tonesto7 ’s widget and check your as-built data yourself. You have the most recent version if the software loaded into the TRM module at node F188 ends in -BB.
@JEB Thanks for this! Mine does show-BB so I assume at some point the recall message will disappear from Fordpass? Not a big deal as I don't tow that often but curious none the less.

@tonesto7 Thanks for the widget this is great!

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
@JEB Thanks for this! Mine does show-BB so I assume at some point the recall message will disappear from Fordpass? Not a big deal as I don't tow that often but curious none the less.

@tonesto7 Thanks for the widget this is great!
It depends on how you got the most recent version of the software. If you received it OTA, then yes, it should eventually disappear from FordPass. If you installed it yourself using FDRS, you will need to take it to a dealer and have a tech verify that the installation was done correctly. After waiting almost two months for the update to clear, I had to do the latter. But once the dealer submitted the ticket, the recall disappeared from FordPass by the next morning.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
It depends on how you got the most recent version of the software. If you received it OTA, then yes, it should eventually disappear from FordPass. If you installed it yourself using FDRS, you will need to take it to a dealer and have a tech verify that the installation was done correctly. After waiting almost two months for the update to clear, I had to do the latter. But once the dealer submitted the ticket, the recall disappeared from FordPass by the next morning.
Thanks for the info! It was via OTA so I should be good.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I haven't seen very many people saying that they got this recall fixed via OTA. I received two OTA updates in the last couple of months and have the truck set to receive OTA updates everyday of the week. Now at version 2.8.3 on a Oct 2021 job 2 truck. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with OTA updates for this recall?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I got mine pushed via OTA a couple of days ago. I even had my schedule cleared and Auto Updates off.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I've purposely not used my FDRS license for this update just to see if/when Ford will use OTA on this Job2 2022

So far not a peep

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I haven't seen very many people saying that they got this recall fixed via OTA. I received two OTA updates in the last couple of months and have the truck set to receive OTA updates everyday of the week. Now at version 2.8.3 on a Oct 2021 job 2 truck. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with OTA updates for this recall?
I have a Nov 21 job 2 and got 2.82 and 2.8.3 within a couple weeks of each other last month, but three weeks went by and this didn't come via OTA. Since I needed an oil change, went ahead and had the dealer do it.

Now I didn't mention this, but after he did the recall, I got a pop up on the dash when leaving the dealer that said "reverse brake assist not available". I went back in and the tech took it around back, then came back 5min later. I'm like, huh, that was too quick. Then he shows me the printout and it says to drive for 5mins in a straight line over 18mph. He asks if I wanted him to run it or try it myself. So I drive it a couple miles on a straight road around 35mph, stop at a gas station to walk around a minute, and then checked and hot damn, the pop up went away and I drove home.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So, after telling the truck not to update, it did so anyway?
It downloaded the update without asking. It did require me to click accept to start the install at least. While I'm not a fan of Ford ignoring my preferences on their OTA's in the case of a recall I guess it's to be expected.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
It downloaded the update without asking. It did require me to click accept to start the install at least. While I'm not a fan of Ford ignoring my preferences on their OTA's in the case of a recall I guess it's to be expected.
Ok, it wasn't pushed to the truck w/o your ack. That is tolerable.
Sponsored