Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Not sure if it would help but the TRM is pretty accessible. Unplug it for a while and plug it back in. TRM is left of the brake pedal.. Actually the bracket that holes the TRM is attached to the Brake pedal bracket. There are two plugs. Unplug them both let it sit a few and plug them back in.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Not sure if it would help but the TRM is pretty accessible. Unplug it for a while and plug it back in. TRM is left of the brake pedal.. Actually the bracket that holes the TRM is attached to the Brake pedal bracket. There are two plugs. Unplug them both let it sit a few and plug them back in.
Not a bad idea. You could also pull the fuse to the brake control module if you’re uncomfortable going under the dash. Fuse 42 in the fuse box under the hood.

If this works, I’d really like to know why the brake controller worked fine on the fifth wheel.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
I realize this is a serious problem, recalls by definition are, but this is both sad and ironic that software in 2022 still relies on what is known as the "Windows '97 fix" - shut it down, wait, start up again and hope. Really? And then I listen to predictors/fururists getting dreamy-eyed about a future day when our lives are run by AI. Lord help us all.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I realize this is a serious problem, recalls by definition are, but this is both sad and ironic that software in 2022 still relies on what is known as the "Windows '97 fix" - shut it down, wait, start up again and hope. Really? And then I listen to predictors/fururists getting dreamy-eyed about a future day when our lives are run by AI. Lord help us all.
The stuff that will kill us will work perfectly . . . to kill us.

toni8284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I think I found the problem. But not 100% confirmed yet.
The white wire under my trailer is teared. So maybe that’s why my trailer brake not working. I haven’t reconnect yet so I can’t say it’s 100% the root of the problem.

but I think 90% is due to this while we are moving since the trailer disconnect message is up after 5 mins drive.
Ford F-150 Recall: REPROGRAM INTEGRATED TRAILER RELAY MODULE (Campaign/NHTSA#
22S17/22v193) 59B38B8D-C0A6-4017-AF32-79684AC0B754

Sponsored

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
The white wire under my trailer is teared. So maybe that’s why my trailer brake not working. I haven’t reconnect yet so I can’t say it’s 100% the root of the problem.

but I think 90% is due to this while we are moving since the trailer disconnect message is up after 5 mins drive.
59B38B8D-C0A6-4017-AF32-79684AC0B754.jpeg
Check for fingerprints of your exwife!!

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
YEah tha

Yeah, that's not good

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a

I’d say that’s a pretty good candidate for your problem. Once you’ve confirmed, I’d repair by cutting the wire resting on the U-Bolt above the knot right where the wire insulation is breached and then reconnecting the other loose end. The break is bad, of course, but that other small breach on the U-Bolt also could cause the brake circuit to ground out. Then make sure you dress the wire so it doesn’t rub or dangle.

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
In April, my truck spent several days at the dealer getting Sync updates unstuck and enabling Blue Cruise. BC works fine and they said that the TRM recall had also been addressed. After returning home I checked the widget and found that they installed the "BA" version of the software. A few days later the recall was cleared in Ford Pass. Since then, I've had OTA updates to 2.8.1 and 2.8.3. Last night I got another OTA update which says they have addressed the TRM recall via software updates. Checking the widget this morning I was expecting to see the "BB" version installed by, no, it is still "BA". I'm not sure what's going on. It's a good thing I have no plans to tow a trailer with brakes in the near future.

toni8284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
after I reconnect the wire, the brake controller working again.

Problem solved.

I’d say that’s a pretty good candidate for your problem. Once you’ve confirmed, I’d repair by cutting the wire resting on the U-Bolt above the knot right where the wire insulation is breached and then reconnecting the other loose end. The break is bad, of course, but that other small breach on the U-Bolt also could cause the brake circuit to ground out. Then make sure you dress the wire so it doesn’t rub or dangle.