First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
My TRM update was pushed to my truck a couple of months ago, but the recall still shows active. Guess I'll have to have them clear it next time I'm at the dealership
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Does anybody know what the actual problem was and what was done to remedy it?
software bug
This is the best explanation I have seen from Ford and it isn’t particularly detailed. It’s from a document Ford filed with NHTSA in connection with the recall (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RMISC-22V193-2015.pdf):

January – February 2022:
Efforts were undertaken with the supplier to duplicate the concern on an exemplar unit. Transport Canada contacted Ford in January regarding reports they had received of inoperative trailer brakes on F-150 vehicles while driving. On February 8, 2022 the supplier reported to Ford that they experienced an improperly functioning TBC while driving an exemplar Super Duty vehicle. Supplier diagnostics identified a potential vulnerability between two instructions within the software where the processing does not complete as intended, resulting in the TBC brake output signal not being properly sent to the trailer while driving.

The “remedy” obviously was new software that did not have the vulnerability.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
My TRM update was pushed to my truck a couple of months ago, but the recall still shows active. Guess I'll have to have them clear it next time I'm at the dealership
I would call the number that Ford provided on the recall notice and ask them if the OTA for 22S17 was was really installed because the truck says it was, but you still see that it is incomplete on your Ford Pass App. That's what I did a few days ago. The person I spoke with said 22S17 shows installed successfully on their end and that clearing the recall in the Ford pass app should take no longer than 30 days. They told me to contact them again so that they can escalate the issue after Oct 24th since my 22S17 install occurred on Sept 24th if the FordPass app still shows it incomplete.
Sponsored