First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Funny I got the recall also and my truck has been on hold since 1-11-2022 (Blend date)
Also see 1 for the Airbag...

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Saw this one today as well for my truck. Along with Loose/sagging under body and powertrain control module software.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
Does anyone have a current subscription to PTS to pull the repair process for this recall? I'm curious since I know my truck has the current TRM update applied.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Does anyone have a current subscription to PTS to pull the repair process for this recall? I'm curious since I know my truck has the current TRM update applied.
I also have the current TRM update I did last week. Though the TRM module shows as OTA updateable. So If it was this module, why wouldn’t they push IT OTA? This moduleis referenced as the ITRM module. I dnot see this one listed. So I think it’s a different one.

Ford F-150 Recall: REPROGRAM INTEGRATED TRAILER RELAY MODULE (Campaign/NHTSA#
22S17/22v193) 78293C46-68DA-4712-941F-A5A2FF23D045

OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I also have the current TRM update I did last week. Though the TRM module shows as OTA updateable. So If it was this module, why wouldn’t they push IT OTA? This moduleis referenced as the ITRM module. I dnot see this one listed. So I think it’s a different one.

78293C46-68DA-4712-941F-A5A2FF23D045.png
You are asking all the right questions. I don't understand why they didn't OTA it. That is why I would like to see the repair process.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired

agyc1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I'm bringing my vehicle into the dealership tomorrow for an oil change. Has anyone had this repair? Is this something that can be done during that visit or do they need to order parts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm bringing my vehicle into the dealership tomorrow for an oil change. Has anyone had this repair? Is this something that can be done during that visit or do they need to order parts?
Based on what I just read, it is a software update only from FDRS.

Attachments

patmendes2000

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi, does that mean this update is available? Have a truck that I was supposed to take home but recall.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Being a safety issue, they may not be able to push it OTA. It may require the dealer to install it so that they can verify the issue is addressed. I'm not sure what Ford has in place to confirm updates were applied properly, or what goes on behind the scenes for recall notices though.

Also, it is possible the update has been in FDRS and some of us already have it. Without Ford listing part numbers and software versions though, it's hard to tell completely. It would make sense for them to push the update out first, then issue the recall notice so that dealer's don't have to wait to start scheduling and fixing trucks.

OP
OP
BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi, does that mean this update is available? Have a truck that I was supposed to take home but recall.
I haven't seen anything new appear in FDRS, so I don't think it has been released yet. I might be wrong, but that is how it seems.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I haven't seen anything new appear in FDRS, so I don't think it has been released yet. I might be wrong, but that is how it seems.
There are now three separate threads following this issue—the ECU thread, the trailer brake failure thread, and now this one. Hopefully, we all continue to provide consistent guidance.

Something not yet mentioned in this thread that is complicating the recall rollout is that there is an earlier TRM update that was released around the end of February to address SSM 50226–False Alarm Activation. That update is still out there because it wasn’t a recall. A dealer will apply it only if a customer complaint matches the bulletin description. My concern is that people going in too soon for the recall might end up getting this earlier software that addresses a different condition. It’s not the dealer’s fault. FDRS does not differentiate among different versions of software for the same module and the oldest unapplied version tends to be the one that remains in FDRS until it is installed, cleared and a new network scan is performed which would bring up the next version in the queue.

I have this earlier TRM software installed and don’t see anything new in FDRS as of this morning. So the recall software hasn’t been posted yet as @BlackSheep mentioned. For others that haven’t installed it, you can’t necessarily assume that the recall software is available for your truck just because a TRM update appears in FDRS. It could still be the earlier update.
Sponsored