Sponsored

Recall - Light Flicker

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Just curious if anyone has contacted dealership to have fixed. Ford made mention that the first of the year (2023) they would have a fix.
Sponsored

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
I did, they said that only some people had the problem, and there was no fix at this time.
Than I asked about the tailgate recall and they said "has your tailgate come open?"

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Did anyone ever figure out what the repair actually is? If its replacing the headlamp assembly, Is dynamic bending still going to work? I know some of the newer trucks cant get the dynamics to work because there is hardware missing. Weather it was truck hardware or light assembly hardware I have no idea.

OP
OP
oncechance

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did anyone ever figure out what the repair actually is? If its replacing the headlamp assembly, Is dynamic bending still going to work? I know some of the newer trucks cant get the dynamics to work because there is hardware missing. Weather it was truck hardware or light assembly hardware I have no idea.
From what I was able to find out it was more of adjusting some parameters in the lighting module. I'm not exact on this so excuse me if this is not the case.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
From the recall notice, they are supposed to replace the current module with the recoded one. That's likely why it's taking so long to get it applied. It's not just a software update like many other recalls have been.

Sponsored

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I am intimately familiar with this because I have a truck sitting on a dealer's lot that I can't buy because Ford issued a stop on all sales of these impacted trucks.

Here is the info: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V686-3271.PDF

Supposedly the parts are available, but the work plan to go and fix them isn't. I have heard a couple of things from a couple dealers now, so I don't know what to believe other than I can't buy a truck because the parking LED's flicker.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
I am intimately familiar with this because I have a truck sitting on a dealer's lot that I can't buy because Ford issued a stop on all sales of these impacted trucks.

Here is the info: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V686-3271.PDF

Supposedly the parts are available, but the work plan to go and fix them isn't. I have heard a couple of things from a couple dealers now, so I don't know what to believe other than I can't buy a truck because the parking LED's flicker.
My 22 Xlt is sitting on the lot as well awaiting this recall. Think it’s parts or reprogram? I was told the 23rd ford releases info.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
My 22 Xlt is sitting on the lot as well awaiting this recall. Think it’s parts or reprogram? I was told the 23rd ford releases info.
All it is, is a module reprogram. Still no fix from ford. Hopefully this month they release it.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
All it is, is a module reprogram. Still no fix from ford. Hopefully this month they release it.
Thanks, glad I won’t have to wait for a part to come in then

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Thanks, glad I won’t have to wait for a part to come in then
Right, also nice the truck doesn’t need to be pulled apart! I’ve heard the bronco sport needs the headlight modules replaced. I can expect a long wait time plus the inconvenience of having a new car taken apart.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I have a truck sitting on a dealer's lot that I can't buy because Ford issued a stop on all sales of these impacted trucks.
Stop sale for a flickering parking bulb?
That's such an unfair sting. :(
Blame legislative law-writers (or maybe NHTSA rulemakers?), not Ford.

Fact is that the law (or NHTSA rule?) prohibits sales / delivery of new vehicles with an 'open' recall, IMO that's usually a good thing, but in this instance I'm not so sure.

Apparently either the law (or NHTSA rule?) precludes common-sense waiver based on the (in)significance / (low) risk of the actual subject of the recall. :rolleyes: . 🤔

In any case the manufacturer has no say in the matter. So it goes ....

... or maybe I'm being insensitive to folks who may be induced to seizure by certain flickering lights

Last edited:

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Blame legislative law-writers (or maybe NHTSA rulemakers?), not Ford.

Fact is that the law (or NHTSA rule?) prohibits sales / delivery of new vehicles with an 'open' recall, IMO that's usually a good thing, but in this instance I'm not so sure.

Apparently either the law (or NHTSA rule?) precludes common-sense waiver based on the (in)significance / (low) risk of the actual subject of the recall. :rolleyes: . 🤔

In any case the manufacturer has no say in the matter. So it goes ....

... or maybe I'm being insensitive to folks who may be induced to seizure by certain flickering lights
I'm hoping that it's not ANY open recall or I am hosed. The windshield wiper motor recall that just hit won't have parts until Q3 2023.

I really feel bad for the dealers. My small town dealer has 30ish new cars and can't sell almost half of them for one recall or another. They were hit particularly hard on the 1.5l fire recall and have a bunch of useless/unsalable Escapes. Hopefully Ford takes care of them monetarily on those units.

OP
OP
oncechance

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just called the dealership this morning asking about fix for flicker and Ford hasn't provided any update (fix) yet. I told them that I would follow up mid to late February.

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It’s annoying the fact that the bulletin they got stated by January 2023

Ford F-150 Recall - Light Flicker FC7E3AD0-B765-4DC7-9DC6-F721D8309338
Sponsored