First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I called my dealership on Monday to schedule the e fix for this. They said they have the part in stock, and could have gotten me on on Tuesday, but only if I scheduled for something else that I pay for, like an oil change or tire rotation. I said I’m not ready for any maintenance at this time, let’s just do the recall tomorrow. She said no, we can’t do that. If it’s just the recall, it won’t be until the end of June. I said “for a safety recall?” And she said YES. I said no thanks to the Number 1 dealership in Columbus.
I called the Ford dealership in Circleville, who gladly took my business and scheduled me for this Monday.
I had the opposite experience. I had them perform a mobile oil change at my house. They said they'd need to verify the recall when they arrive and order the part. I was also trying to get them to replace my battery because my start/stop wasn't working and the truck was going into a deep sleep after 2 day. They performed a charging system test and said it was fine. They then said I'd have to bring it in for more testing to do the battery swap. Got a call a day later that they'd just bring me out a battery and swap it.

Day 1 they performed the oil change and tire rotation. 2 days later they came back out and change the wiper moter and swapped the battery.

On another not, years ago my dad had a bad battery in his 2014 F-150. Instead of bringing a battery out they sent a roll back to pickup the truck and take it back to the dealer. lol
Sponsored

slow3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Maybe it’s just me, I noticed the driver side wiper occasionally tapping the A pillar while wiping, extremely annoying. I am recalled, waiting on parts…
mine does this too. It is infuriating.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I had the wiper arms replaced in March and yesterday I received the 2nd recall letter saying there was a recall.
Sponsored