Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
did they replace your motor ?
They said they did, and gave me paperwork, do I need to actually go and look? Not sure I’d be able to tell the difference
Sponsored

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
They said they did, and gave me paperwork, do I need to actually go and look? Not sure I’d be able to tell the difference
not sure I would know how to tell... they told me the part is not avail yet for my recall

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
not sure I would know how to tell... they told me the part is not avail yet for my recall
Yeah they told me I have to wait till September when they get the parts….really it takes that long Ford? They sent me a customer review of my new truck and I ripped them. I’ve been a Ford person my whole life but the quality has fallen off a cliff.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
They’ve confirmed the wiper motor needing to be replaced on mine, and now the arm is subject to breaking?! Do they even test this stuff beforehand?
My service advisor told me the arms only break with a heavy snow load on the windshield and someone turns the wipers on, he says not designed for the weight. Hell my old F350 plow truck sits and I can run the wipers with several inches on them, dont build them like they used to.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Maybe it’s just me, I noticed the driver side wiper occasionally tapping the A pillar while wiping, extremely annoying. I am recalled, waiting on parts…
Mine did that as well. Just pop off the arm from the base and move it one click over and that should stop your problem.

Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
My service advisor told me the arms only break with a heavy snow load on the windshield and someone turns the wipers on, he says not designed for the weight. Hell my old F350 plow truck sits and I can run the wipers with several inches on them, dont build them like they used to.
appears ford really challenged their team to find as many value engineering opportunities as they could. Lots of little cheapenings throughout the truck design has made these trucks seemingly worthless.

thr long term implication is a disaster waiting to happen. I was hoping to keep this truck for years, but I cannot see these trucks lasting much longer than the factory warranty at this rate.

what’s frustrating is I like fords. I have owned several over the years, but this may very well be my last, ever.

I owned two Toyotas, a taco and 4Runner(with 200k miles), and both were exceptionally reliable.

if only the new tundra didn’t look like total ass I would have gone that route.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Mine did that as well. Just pop off the arm from the base and move it one click over and that should stop your problem.
But, I should not have to do that every time the wipers are used.
Already waiting for a motor (as it will only be replaced at this time for failure), but the local dealer has me slated for replacement.
They have also been made aware of the wiper arm slipping on the posts..
Jan 2021 build

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
But, I should not have to do that every time the wipers are used.
Already waiting for a motor (as it will only be replaced at this time for failure), but the local dealer has me slated for replacement.
They have also been made aware of the wiper arm slipping on the posts..
Jan 2021 build
you won’t do that every time, it’s a one time fix. Your moving it over one or two “gears” and then the knocking noise fix is permanent.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
Hmmm, don’t have a snow issue here, but slipping on the posts can also be termed as “broken”

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
you won’t do that every time, it’s a one time fix. Your moving it over one or two “gears” and then the knocking noise fix is permanent.
Permanent my ass.
I have to reposition virtually every time I use them.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Permanent my ass.
I have to reposition virtually every time I use them.
Then you’ve got stripped gears, what I suggested won’t help at all. Hopefully Ford gets you fixed “quick”

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I received the “recall notice” in the mail from Ford. Took it in to the Dealership and they said I didn’t need any upgrade”.

IN WRITING!

I’ve never had a problem with my wipers so I’m not too concerned about it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There's already Gen14's with mileage beyond the factory warranty. Admittedly it's the "Interstate" type owners.
But they haven't yet reported their trucks suddenly falling apart after the warranty mileage was exceeded.

While I have no argument with the cost savings efforts during design and manufacturing as yielding negative results for some components that make up the modern vehicle, I think predicting the vehicle to fall apart can be a bit of hyperbole. :)

Besides, Ford is willing to extend that "bumper to bumper" 3/36 warranty nearly a factor of X4, if you purchase the insurance policy from them. It's arguably a bargain considering what the average price of an out of warranty repair can be these days for any brand of vehicle.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Great still waiting on parts for the wiper recall from last year: 22V-142 and now I can add this one to the list. Is it wrong for me to not have too much faith in that Q4 parts availability estimate? Especially considering they've moved the estimate for the first recall 3 times now.
I feel the same way. How can a company wait that long to get the parts to replace the wiper motor and blades? It's not like a defective cupholder! Both of them are kind of essential. That tells me exactly how much they care for those of us who bought a truck.
Sponsored