First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Funny you should mention that your truck doesn't have the insulation....... my blend date was after yours (3/10/22) and my truck was delivered before yours (3/30/22) ..... and mine had the insulation but yours didn't............hhmmmm

Ironically I was at the dealer yesterday and ask about what was up with the insulation that fell off mine and the service advisor said he hasn't heard back from Ford .... but they (Ford) were now removing the insulation since they can't seem to get it to stay in place.......
Read the recall and a bunch if posts here.
Sponsored

taperk600

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 X-cab 8ft 2wd work truck, 2019 F150 Platinum Screw 6.5ft 4x4
Read the recall and a bunch if posts here.
If you read my posts earlier in this thread, you would know I have read the recall and this whole thread......... SO thanks for the useful addition

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Sorry some of you guys and gals have had rotten luck with this. I guess I lucked out because I took it in a few days after that recall was put out. I sat in the dealership for a couple hours talking with a buddy (because they were backed up at the time) and they said mine was ok, but they didn’t have the parts to fix it at the time. I wasn’t real worried because I have a “garage queen” since I have a company vehicle. (3,683 miles in a year). The told me they would call when they got the parts, which they never did, so I called them after about a month and they said they had the parts and to bring it in whenever. I showed up and was out of there without this and the trailer brake recall done in an hour and a half. That even surprised me as this dealership is always so backed up. Hopefully y’all get your issues fixed soon.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Sorry some of you guys and gals have had rotten luck with this. I guess I lucked out because I took it in a few days after that recall was put out. I sat in the dealership for a couple hours talking with a buddy (because they were backed up at the time) and they said mine was ok, but they didn’t have the parts to fix it at the time. I wasn’t real worried because I have a “garage queen” since I have a company vehicle. (3,683 miles in a year). The told me they would call when they got the parts, which they never did, so I called them after about a month and they said they had the parts and to bring it in whenever. I showed up and was out of there without this and the trailer brake recall done in an hour and a half. That even surprised me as this dealership is always so backed up. Hopefully y’all get your issues fixed soon.
Just a warning, it's likely you didn't get the "fix" for the trailer brake recall as it's a giant mess and nobody seems to know when we'll get it. This thread has far too much detail about it all https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...elay-module-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/

Sponsored

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
My driveshaft showed up May 10th. Hope others are starting to see driveshaft show up.
Awesome news! My latest update was more parts are being released from back order on 5/13. My gut tells me they are getting punted back for a 5th time.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT SPORT
Occupation
Firefighter
Awesome news! My latest update was more parts are being released from back order on 5/13. My gut tells me they are getting punted back for a 5th time.
How long have you been waiting? Mines been at the dealership since 6 April

charmnh

First Name
Harmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 King Ranch, 2018 F150 King Ranch , both 4x4
Occupation
Happily retired
Same story drivelines came off back order but the dealer has to delivery or shipment date. My truck is just sitting at Ford with the driveshaft split in half.
My 2021 Platinum will soon be at dealer for 3 months.
same issue.

Sponsored

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
2021 (Job 1) PowerBoost, built 3/20/21, on chip hold until July '21, when I took delivery.

I took a look at everything last night for the first time. The driveshaft looks fine, and the insulation hasn't begun to sag. I have not had the recall work done yet, but I wasn't expecting to see fasteners on the insulation without the recall work. There are no rivets or screws through the fasteners, so maybe this is to be expected. Does that sound right?

Ford F-150 Recall #21S56 - Loose / Sagging Underbody Insulators (Driveshaft Fracture Hazard) 1652453662465

Ford F-150 Recall #21S56 - Loose / Sagging Underbody Insulators (Driveshaft Fracture Hazard) 1652453706512

Ford F-150 Recall #21S56 - Loose / Sagging Underbody Insulators (Driveshaft Fracture Hazard) 1652453743684

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Just a warning, it's likely you didn't get the "fix" for the trailer brake recall as it's a giant mess and nobody seems to know when we'll get it. This thread has far too much detail about it all https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...elay-module-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/
I wouldn’t be surprised. He said they did a software update, and could tell they did actually do something as some of the cluster stuff was changed and some of my personal settings were changed. Don’t know exactly what they did though.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT SPORT
Occupation
Firefighter
It’s a miracle dealer called me today my truck is ready! Went in on April 6th
Sponsored