First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
LW
I had to get my recall done at another dealer as the one I bought my truck from gave me the run around about having to “weld” without even looking into the simple recall and didn’t have a welder. They told me to call another dealer, after doing so the second dealer said my dealer was full of crap. After phoning my dealer back she said they would look into it. 2 months later, no return call, after a call to them she said she didn’t have any parts… Some dealers are just crappy, will not do Bussiness with them again, it’s a recall not asking for a damn new truck. Had to drive 2 hours one way to get a simple fix that took a hour and a half. Now have another issue with the update failure and of course my dealer has no idea and said they would call back and it’s been over a week. @fordmotorcompany needs to do a better job of vetting these dealers.
Sponsored

Seahawk51

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLS450, 2013 Chevy Equinox, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Retired
It took 69 days but I got my new driveshaft this week. My dealer (Bozard) was great, they made sure I had a loaner and even gave me a 2020 KR so I could go camping for a week. But still, Ford looks pretty pathetic taking 69 days to replace a driveshaft.

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
It appears I was one of the unlucky few. I was told to expect the part to arrive on 04/11 and for the repair to only be 1 day.
No follow up from the dealer until I called myself. Was told that it will be the end of the month. Waiting on a call back from the service manager.

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
At this point Ford is buying my truck back due to no parts. Closing the deal on Friday. Found a comparable truck at another local dealer on the lot that I plan to pickup Saturday. What a saga for a simple recall.
Who was the original dealer?

LF21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 3 Raptor
I initially posted my experience with this recall here. Heard from my rep at corporate today on day 34 without my truck. After over a week of the rep trying to get in contact with the Parts Manager to expedite the process she finally managed to. She told me the COPUS ticket was JUST created and she could give me an update early next week. Basically, the service tech and parts manager flat out lied when they said they had done all of this nearly a month ago, just a warning for you guys waiting on parts for weeks.
registered to see if anyone had the same thoughts I did. Read your other post and it’s verbatim how I feel about it. Truck being held hostage unless I sign away liability, nobody cares to update me on the ETA for the part…yet new trucks are pumping off the lot every day.

they have had my truck for over a month at this point and I called today and asked for an update, they still said nothing has been updated on their end.

Sponsored

LF21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 3 Raptor
Totally understand supply chain shortages and delays but waiting for over a month not even to have an update is just wrong. Trucks are being produced daily with the exact part, take care of the people who already bought the vehicle.

Paid an ADM only to be 1st in-line to get the truck only to have it turn around and sit right back on the lot. Probably will be my last ford after this experience.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So I'm trying to get my truck into various dealers around the Houston area knowing my driveshaft will fail. I've had all but one tell me that if it fails (it will) they can't release it. Is that even legal? How the hell can they keep my truck if I'm willing to acknowledge that I know the issue remains?

All the dealers I've spoken to admit there's a backorder on the drive shafts and of course none have loaners.

taperk600

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 X-cab 8ft 2wd work truck, 2019 F150 Platinum Screw 6.5ft 4x4
Just curious........ are all of your trucks with the falling off insulator / hitting the driveshaft issue 2021 models ??

I took delivery of my 22 KR PB 3/31/22 (built 3/13/22) and, today, at 956 miles, there, hanging off the underside of my truck was the insulator with a scorched hole worn / burnt thru it. Dealer had a tech look at my driveshaft and the tech saw no marks on the driveshaft, so I am lucky in that aspect. But you would have thought that Ford would have addressed this issue by now at the factory with trucks produced after the TSB...... Guess not.......

Edit--- just read the TSB.... my truck is not only way beyond the listed production dates, but is also a 157" wheelbase and has the 2 piece driveshaft. HHHMMMM........

Last edited:

thedman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SCrew Platinum
My truck has been in for 8 days now. Lakewood ford Tacoma Wa.
Parts backfired they said. Hoping they’ll arrive in the next few days. Not holding my breath

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
I had an appointment this Friday because of this recall. The appointment was made a month ago and the parts were ordered at that time. The dealer called the day before the appointment and said the parts had not yet arrived.

I took the truck in any way to take care of the trailer brake controller recall and see if they would do the PB transmission TSB (21-2407) for me.

While there, the service writer said I was near the top of the list, but they had 75 trucks waiting for the parts for this insulation hanging recall.

Thankfully they checked the insulation and driveshaft and said all was fine. I feel for you all who cannot drive your trucks! :mad:

Eric

PS - So far my experience with the service department of Kendall Ford in Meridian Idaho has been good.

Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Top picture is 2/13 and I cut away the rubbing insulation, went to Ford service on 2/14. No driveline available and finally gave up today 4/25.
Glad you are okay. Were you driving when it broke?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
CE3A2E1E-1B39-4269-9AC2-B9C2770C5AC9.jpeg

DD7240EC-CBA8-4317-AF73-F497C1919815.jpeg

Top picture is 2/13 and I cut away the rubbing insulation, went to Ford service on 2/14. No driveline available and finally gave up today 4/25.
Is that just styrofoam in the driveshaft? I know they are going to be lightweight but damn seems like something else should be there?!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Is that just styrofoam in the driveshaft? I know they are going to be lightweight but damn seems like something else should be there?!
I was thinking the same thing. Really curious as to what is inside.
Sponsored