Recalibrating speedometer / sensors after lift and bigger tires

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
I forgot to update this thread, but I did use FORscan to recalibrate. However using the online calculator it was still off. So I took the original circumference and what the calculator said it should be and split the difference and that got it to within 1 MPH on the GPS and that is close enough for me.

tewest86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Engineer
I forgot to update this thread, but I did use FORscan to recalibrate. However using the online calculator it was still off. So I took the original circumference and what the calculator said it should be and split the difference and that got it to within 1 MPH on the GPS and that is close enough for me.
Just to clarify, did you use mm? Also, this seems alot easier than the link posted in the original thread. Did it change for the 2021+ models?

alzev

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2018 Raptor
Yes I have every option. Speedo calibration was easy but no proper math added up. I tried what everyone had said and read up on the proper math it still was off so after a few quick passes I just kept adjusting until I got it within 1mph using Waze or any gps app at 70 mph. With level/lift you will want to bring it back to ford after to have them do the proper recalibration for your adaptive headlights and other tech. I never had any major issues but little warnings for rear back up assist and headlamp failure and the self driving was slight off.
After ford recalibrated all that stuff I haven’t had any issues.

Sponsored

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
Just to clarify, did you use mm? Also, this seems alot easier than the link posted in the original thread. Did it change for the 2021+ models?
Yes, I did use mm. Not sure why the numbers were off when using the calculator but I am sure there is a lot to it. Since it is so easy to adjust using FORscan I just kept adjusting until it was dialed in for my set up. I check it often and it is still within 1 mph. Sorry, but I do not know if it changed for later model's, but I would doubt it since the 22's did not look like they changed much at all.

tewest86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I did use mm. Not sure why the numbers were off when using the calculator but I am sure there is a lot to it. Since it is so easy to adjust using FORscan I just kept adjusting until it was dialed in for my set up. I check it often and it is still within 1 mph. Sorry, but I do not know if it changed for later model's, but I would doubt it since the 22's did not look like they changed much at all.
Ok. Thanks. I have a 2021. I was just wandering because I was reading through the FORscan tutorial and it had this:

Ford F-150 Recalibrating speedometer / sensors after lift and bigger tires 1646234409612

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Interesting. I went from the stock tires, to a 2" level and 295/60/20 tires, and my GPS and speedo are almost identical. I'd see they are perfect. Are we sure we need the speedo calibrated? I hear there is a device mounted begins the panel since the software is not yet available. Does it serve any other function? I'm tempted to leave things alone since the speedo is correct.
Hi, I just purchased 295/65r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and have the same concern regarding speedo. Are you still not having any issues without recalibration?
Wondering this as well.
Sponsored