Rebates gone for June?

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Talked to my dealer this morning and they told me that Ford put a hold on all incentives to include AZX plans last month.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Talked to my dealer this morning and they told me that Ford put a hold on all incentives to include AZX plans last month.
How does that work for vehicles in transit that were ordered prior to the chip shortage? I am reading their FAQ and it says that incentives at time of order or delivery whichever the customer prefers

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Until supply meets demand I don't see any reason why they would offer any rebates. I doubt a new round of PCO's will come out in July either. =(
I think there are 2 schools of thought here... on one hand, as you say, low supply does not give any incentive for any discounting, and indeed, we have seen examples of dealers selling at, and above MSRP.

On the other hand I read a report that Ford truck sales for March 2021 are down 30% year on year from 2020. That’s a huge decline in sales in anyone’s books.

This will likely get the attention of not only the management but also shareholders. To boost sales, look for incentives irrespective of whether they can deliver product or not.

I’ve worked in sales... “my job is to make sales, your job is to deliver the goods!” Is the usual MO.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
X-Plan (and probably the others) is a little different than the other incentives:

- You get a pin number on demand (your request to ford) and once issued it is valid for a year.
- Before ordering I had requested my pin and had it in hand when placing the order at the dealer.

I can see how given current constraints they are not currently issuing new pins but anyone who was shopping up to or ordered before now should already have their pin and be fine.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
X-Plan (and probably the others) is a little different than the other incentives:

- You get a pin number on demand (your request to ford) and once issued it is valid for a year.
- Before ordering I had requested my pin and had it in hand when placing the order at the dealer.

I can see how given current constraints they are not currently issuing new pins but anyone who was shopping up to or ordered before now should already have their pin and be fine.
And Note - I just generated a pin TODAY so they are not closed yet
looks like only the Raptor is not eligible -

Ford F-150 Rebates gone for June? 1622826736043

Last edited:

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
OK, makes total sense and perfectly normal. Special/limited vehicles (which the raptor is) have typically been excluded for years. Nothing new.

OP
OP

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Ford has drastically cut incentives this month.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

1622826736043.png
X Plans are voluntary at the dealership, they don't have to honor the pin. To be honest, Ford may be running interference for the dealerships by still allowing generation of PINs. Just because you have one doesn't mean you can use it and you only get 2 a year.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X Plans are voluntary at the dealership, they don't have to honor the pin. To be honest, Ford may be running interference for the dealerships by still allowing generation of PINs. Just because you have one doesn't mean you can use it and you only get 2 a year.
And this is the rub. I contacted my dealership this morning and was told the the owner killed ALL plan sales until further notice. No employee, no partner no F&F. At least I should still have my military rebate and may the $1000.

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Im talking to my local dealer currently and they are still allowing Xplan now but 2 weeks ago he told me they weren’t? So I don’t really understand.

only incentives he told me was a $1000 trade in allowance.

Sponsored

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
This is why its important to shop around. The dealer I will order from confirmed they will honor the x-plan pricing.
Dealers have never been obligated to honor any plan pricing, what needs to be answered is if Ford cut the commission the dealer receives when submitting the plan on an order.
Like I said its important to shop around as dealers will use any excuse to not honor the plans as MSRP brings more margin than AXZD where they get hold back, plan fee, and commission (if still paid)

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
I hope they are able to produce some type of message from Ford explaining all this. It's sounds like Ford might have told all dealers about "Market Adjustment" and now they are trying to come up with more excuses to not give any discounts. At least for June, there is still $3K Trade in Assist with 1.9% for 60 months.
My truck was ordered Nov. 18th, 2020, I'm told my expected delivery date is Oct. 31st 2021, wow, can you believe this, almost 1 year. Anyway after reading all of this I checked with my dealer and was told original deal still stands, they even put new tires on my old truck to pass inspection at their cost. I had a 3,000 dollar exclusive cash reward from Ford, which my dealer says is absolutely valid. So I'm all good with this, but just can't believe I'm waiting this long, original hold up was max recline seats and now it's chip shortage.

Rapid Red

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Test driver
so rebates are going away for June? on ford x plan pricing site when type in zip you get N/A for all the incentives. a salesmen told me they cut them in June. does anyone know more bout this? will they be coming back on 2021s by august or September October?
Since there is no delivery’s for the F-150 ( just look @ your local dealership. Why should they giveaway money?
Sponsored