Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Hi All,

The manual just says this:

Ford F-150 Rear Power Tailgate Operation Captuasdasdasdre.JPG

Does anyone know what conditions must be meet for this to work?
When I am at the store and I want to load items into the bed, I will use my remote to try and lower the tailgate, no dice. So I unlock the truck and try again, nope.
I will press the button, pictured above, on the remote 2x and nothing happens. The tail light lights up showing that it acknowledges I am trying to do something, but the tail gate will not open. I get to my truck and I have to open the drivers door before the truck will lower the power tailgate by using the remote. At that point I could just reach in, since the door is open, and push the tailgate button on the dash.
Am I not doing something right? Or is this the way it is designed?
Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
The option may be disabled. I found a video on YouTube showing where the setting is located:

If it’s enabled and still not working, try varying the cadence of your presses. I noticed my truck ignores me if I press the tailgate or remote start buttons too fast in their respective sequences.

OP
OP
AAWhyte

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Thanks for the reply's. Lately when I shut my truck off it throws up a message on the screen saying that it is shutting everything off due to a low battery. I think that may be my issue as I do not drive the truck very far or a lot. I put the charger on it last night and the tailgate works like I would expect it to . I think it was a low batter issue.

Edit: I would like to add that I could still unlock the truck and even start it from the remote, just the tailgate would not come down. I did notice that it would not let me start the truck from the app after having that message when I shut the truck off.
Sponsored

Last edited: