First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
This morning i noticed the license plate lights in the bumper flash at weird frequency ONLY AS SEEN through the tailgate camera.
if you go look at them they are steady
now before i updated to the unreal engine ...these lights did not flash.
that being said my HD security cameras are fast enough to see the LEDS on drls flash so i guess what i am asking is does the onboard tailgate camera have that good of detection?
it was weird, and i didnt want to have flashing license plate lights to johnny law does not have a reason to pull me over. not that i have anything to hide, but i dont like unnecessary encounters when i am out side of my county, like DALLAS or back springs
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
It's actually a little different than you think. Most cheaper cameras will detect LEDs flashing, that's how LEDs work. The cameras that don't show the LEDS flashing usually just have longer shutter speeds to let me light in. The human eye will never see them.

LEDs will always just flash on camera and not to the human eyes, unless they are going bad. I've had cheap LED replacements that started flashing. So, there's no worry that you'll be pulled over for them unless you have a burnt-out LED headlight.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
To expand on this, the flicker effect is typically found with cheaper or single emitter LED lights. There are flicker-free LEDs that are built with multiple diodes that pulse at overlapping periods or higher quality single chip diodes that have a significantly higher pulse frequency so cameras and our eyes cannot detect it.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
To expand on this, the flicker effect is typically found with cheaper or single emitter LED lights. There are flicker-free LEDs that are built with multiple diodes that pulse at overlapping periods or higher quality single chip diodes that have a significantly higher pulse frequency so cameras and our eyes cannot detect it.
my house cameras will see flicker on the truck when you unlock the doors, then once it starts its steady state bright. my f250 did the same thing , except it would show rolling leds off and on as they went around the bezel when you unlocked the doors it was odd

Last edited:

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
AKA, PWM from LED drivers.👍🏻

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
maybe this is why the stock lights are incandescent?

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
What IS this unreal engine---I have heard of this before but have no clue!

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)

AUXITO Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auxito.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Senior Manager Of The Official AUXITO Brand Website