OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You shouldn't have to pay your deductible since the other driver is as fault. It would come back to your insurance company via subrogation. Then again, you never mention who you have for your insurance. They don't seem like a good company from what you've posted. When you get through this BS, switch to Progressive and you'll get taken care of next time this happens.
I have progressive. This is a no fault state. I’m having zero issues with Geico handling the claim. I was asking if it’s better to let a Ford collision center handle or go through who I know with no manufacturer affiliation. I felt comfortable with ford should any issues arise down the road I could tell them it was fixed by ford.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
well damm
here you never have to deal with the other persons insurance.
call your insurance and get your truck fixed and let them do the job you pay for with premiums
its their freaking job, they fix you and make you whole and then they go after gieco for re-reimbursements and your deductable
i agree you should have never spoke to gieco other than HI yes your person hit me, goodbye

sorry your having to now play whos on 1st run in circles finding parts, its not your job.
pray it gets solved to your satisfction

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I have progressive. This is a no fault state. I’m having zero issues with Geico handling the claim. I was asking if it’s better to let a Ford collision center handle or go through who I know with no manufacturer affiliation. I felt comfortable with ford should any issues arise down the road I could tell them it was fixed by ford.
Take it to the body shop, even if it is a Ford collision center it is still a body shop. They will still need to do their own assessment of the damage and will have to rebill for the additional cost of repair. I recently had to have similar front end damage repaired on my 2021. My insurance company (USAA) had me do the same type of photo submit that you did. After all was said and done the body shop produced two more damage appraisals taking the cost from $2600 to $5100. The insurance still paid.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Take it to the body shop, even if it is a Ford collision center it is still a body shop. They will still need to do their own assessment of the damage and will have to rebill for the additional cost of repair. I recently had to have similar front end damage repaired on my 2021. My insurance company (USAA) had me do the same type of photo submit that you did. After all was said and done the body shop produced two more damage appraisals taking the cost from $2600 to $5100. The insurance still paid.
The Ford place said online open today but I don’t think they were. I’m going to talk with them Monday. If they can’t get me in this week to do their own evaluation and make sure the correct parts are getting ordered, then I’m going to tell them to cancel. I’ll go to my guy who I know does phenomenal work. I was just more concerned with all the electrical stuff that could potentially be affect like the auto leveling sensors and bed sensors. I’m probably over complicating it in my head though.

PPK

First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
You must have gotten hammered to warp the hitch like that.. what was it that hit you and how many mph? It must have been snapped you around pretty good...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You must have gotten hammered to warp the hitch like that.. what was it that hit you and how many mph? It must have been snapped you around pretty good...
It was a Jeep Renegade and it looks fine all things considered.

Ford F-150 Rear ended, how to best fix? C5674494-C6A5-4B1F-883C-EDBD1802A972

Ford F-150 Rear ended, how to best fix? 2D69F6D0-2D94-4161-810E-DC57BE583AFE

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
By law in California (and possibly in your state) one can get the repair work done at a shop of your choice and the insurance company needs to pay the bill, it is not negotiable.

I would not cash the Geico check as that could imply your acceptance to their quote. Better to leave your claim open.

I have found Yelp.com to be an excellent source of information on customers of body shops to determine which do the best work.

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
The Ford place said online open today but I don’t think they were. I’m going to talk with them Monday. If they can’t get me in this week to do their own evaluation and make sure the correct parts are getting ordered, then I’m going to tell them to cancel. I’ll go to my guy who I know does phenomenal work. I was just more concerned with all the electrical stuff that could potentially be affect like the auto leveling sensors and bed sensors. I’m probably over complicating it in my head though.
If I was your buddy I would refuse this work and walk away to save the freindship. If Ford Collision has had issues on finding parts where on heavens earth is your Buddy getting his parts from. A special Ford parts tree in his back yard.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Your rates should not go up if it is not your fault. And your company will see the accident in the insurance shared info file regardless of whether you tell them or not.
Insurance companies will drop clients after a handful of no-fault accidents as well as they believe that their 'client' has elevated risk. In a given amount of time, each additional 'not my fault' accident increases the odds that the driver is in-fact doing something stupid making themselves a target.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Insurance agent here. I've picked up so many people from Geico who haven't been happy with their service or the fact that Geico cancelled their policy after filing a claim.

I always advocate to my Clients that they use the insurance they have been paying for all these years, get great service, and let the insurance company (my agency has over two dozen here in Massachusetts) send the bill to the other company. You'll get your deductible back from Geico, if you don't have a Collision Deductible waiver like we do here in Mass.

You are likely dealing with months of waiting for parts. You likely have a state inspection coming up that may require you to have a rear bumper in place. Lets get this baby fixed!

File with your own company!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If I was your buddy I would refuse this work and walk away to save the freindship. If Ford Collision has had issues on finding parts where on heavens earth is your Buddy getting his parts from. A special Ford parts tree in his back yard.
It’s not an issue finding parts. From all part numbers I’ve found they are listed as in stock. The collision center is just apparently back logged and they told me today I’m already scheduled for 4/10 to have my work done. They never told me that before. I’m fairly certain this has just been their issue of communication.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Insurance agent here. I've picked up so many people from Geico who haven't been happy with their service or the fact that Geico cancelled their policy after filing a claim.

I always advocate to my Clients that they use the insurance they have been paying for all these years, get great service, and let the insurance company (my agency has over two dozen here in Massachusetts) send the bill to the other company. You'll get your deductible back from Geico, if you don't have a Collision Deductible waiver like we do here in Mass.

You are likely dealing with months of waiting for parts. You likely have a state inspection coming up that may require you to have a rear bumper in place. Lets get this baby fixed!

File with your own company!
No such thing as a state inspection. I don’t see how filing with my own insurance can make a collision center work any faster other than maybe they require me to go elsewhere and not get to pick the place I want to. Like I’ve said I don’t have Geico and so far I have no issues with how they themselves are handling it. It seems the issue I was having with the collision center was from a lack of communication on their part. They don’t order just the parts sent over they have a parts verify via VIN what was put to the truck during assembly. They neglected to mention that or the fact I’m already on their schedule to be fixed on 4/10.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
The body shops I know, usually wait for a vehicle to be dropped off before ordering parts.

I sure hope for the best for you.

You are luckier in MD that in many states. No safety inspection unless a sale....

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The body shops I know, usually wait for a vehicle to be dropped off before ordering parts.

I sure hope for the best for you.

You are luckier in MD that in many states. No safety inspection unless a sale....
They told me it’s to get the ball rolling which is still silly because why not look in person to make sure you have everything. Originally they neglected to mention the parts guy checks all part numbers to the VIN before ordering.
Sponsored