Sponsored

Rear Camera while driving like 22’ superduty?

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Can anyone with a Lariat or Platinum that has the cameras working at any speed provide me a copy of your “as built” data from forscan? I want to compare the two.
I’ve sent mine to somebody on here already. I can forward the file.
Edit: I have an XLT but can view cameras at speed.
Sponsored

DGretka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 RKP
Just found this out today. I can view my bed camera on my side screen view.
Ford F-150 Rear Camera while driving like 22’ superduty? 4A248782-747D-496C-B6EA-349C4697AAFB

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I love that view most of us want it but don't have it would you please share your VIN so I could see the differences in Forscan
thanks in advance

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I went the forscan route and turned on my bed cameras @ speed. There was 3 changes that had to made. 2 values changed in the apim and one value changed in the ipma. It sounds a little scary to most of us but I can assure you it was very easy.. The hardest part for me was getting forscan to recognize the extended license key.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I Have active motion cameras changed with Forscan my EOD on the side does not activate or show the camera only the button at the top will activate and show
would love to have the cam view in the EOD and being able to turn it on

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I went the forscan route and turned on my bed cameras @ speed. There was 3 changes that had to made. 2 values changed in the apim and one value changed in the ipma. It sounds a little scary to most of us but I can assure you it was very easy.. The hardest part for me was getting forscan to recognize the extended license key.
Photos?

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Cameras at speed:

IPMA 706-02-02 xxxB CExx xx--

APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx Fx--

APIM 7D0-01-04 xxxx EDxx xx--

Sponsored

Scrambler68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB F150
I just have a lowly XLT but my tailgate (backup) camera works when I’m driving. I just have to hit the button on the dash. I bought it 12/19/21 but I have never looked at the build date.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
So has anyone got the story from Ford on this? Why are people having to use for scan to get this to work? I have a early bill 2021 F1 50, this truck was marketed and promised to receive feature performance updates via download like Teslas do. How come they have not sent an update out to us that would fix it so our cameras could come on at speed?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
They can and do send updates that alter the modules, but that doesn't mean that the update was specifically for enabling the cameras at speed. Forscan is for those that now have the updated module and can now edit the values that represent the feature.

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
They can and do send updates that alter the modules, but that doesn't mean that the update was specifically for enabling the cameras at speed. Forscan is for those that now have the updated module and can now edit the values that represent the feature.
I think he is asking why we haven't seen an update for this specifically when the new generation truck was marketed to be continuously improving with OTA updates.

To me, it makes 0 sense how something as basic as a camera while driving hasn't been pushed to trucks when the feature has been rolling off lots for 6+ months.

I purchased my truck in April 2021 and have already gone through about 1 of my likely 3 years of ownership without promised features. (Mainly looking at BlueCruise)
Sponsored