Sponsored

Rear Camera while driving like 22’ superduty?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So it basically seems like Blue Cruise & Cameras while moving will be in the same Sync update....well at least I hope so.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
For those with BlueCruise already enabled what version of Sync 4 are you on?

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I wonder if there’s a way we can unofficially grab the update

Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I wonder if there’s a way we can unofficially grab the update
This is what I’m hoping cause from my experience ford doesn’t have a sense of urgency with providing existing trucks with updates

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
This is what I’m hoping cause from my experience ford doesn’t have a sense of urgency with providing existing trucks with updates
I though OTA updates would be great. I'm thinking the old way (via USB flash drive) would be best still. My 2018 F150 didn't get the Sync 3. 3.4 update which gave the newer UI. I found the update on the internet and manually updated it to the 3.4 version. I know other owners of the same year still who still don't have it. Please with the 2019 and 2020 models got the update via an update.

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I though OTA updates would be great. I'm thinking the old way (via USB flash drive) would be best still. My 2018 F150 didn't get the Sync 3. 3.4 update which gave the newer UI. I found the update on the internet and manually updated it to the 3.4 version. I know other owners of the same year still who still don't have it. Please with the 2019 and 2020 models got the update via an update.
Same, I updated my Shelby via usb and it was the easiest thing. Let me see if I can grab an unofficial version

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Iconic Silver Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
Did your window sticker have Blue Cruise on it also or did you have an earlier build date?
Has BlueCruise on it as a line item under the Functional section (built very end of August).

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
Thanks! Looks like this version is what everyone is waiting on for the new camera options and BlueCruise. I remember reading something awhile back that Ford hired a bunch of Blackberry developers for their Sync platform.

Maybe they should have poached some from Apple or Google since they release OTA updates for phones all the time!!! I wouldn't have thought Blackberry would be a leader in OTA updates or anything modern..... ha!

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Thanks! Looks like this version is what everyone is waiting on for the new camera options and BlueCruise. I remember reading something awhile back that Ford hired a bunch of Blackberry developers for their Sync platform.

Maybe they should have poached some from Apple or Google since they release OTA updates for phones all the time!!! I wouldn't have thought Blackberry would be a leader in OTA updates or anything modern..... ha!
Has anyone tried going to the Service dept specifically to get the firmware updated?

Jack Miter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone tried going to the Service dept specifically to get the firmware updated?
I was in today getting my first oil change and asked to see if they update sync for the camera while driving feature. When I picked up the truck they said my sync was up to date. All the info I got. So... no help.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I was in today getting my first oil change and asked to see if they update sync for the camera while driving feature. When I picked up the truck they said my sync was up to date. All the info I got. So... no help.
Thats about what I suspected.

I have an oil change scheduled for this week I will be asking myself to see if I can force something

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
that’s a question for Ford HQ, since they r probably not putting much time to help early buyers bc they r still suffering from the chip shortage. my truck says the camera is disabled due to safety, which means it should be able to be turned on via software. I suspect once they get caught up maybe they will send out the sync update,

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I called a Ford customer service department, no answers from them. If I had to make a educated guess, I think the blue cruise push is tied to the camera update...
Sponsored