Sponsored

Rear Camera while driving like 22’ superduty?

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
On my sync 4 display, there is an option (the right panel which you can put to larger left panel or make full screen)to leave on all times and view rear bed camera in the panel menus and can have on at any speed....once thats on i can hit the hard button and select any rear camera at any speed.....I have a Latiat 501a sport pkg, max tow, 360 camera, and copilot assist....and also do have the front bumper sensors with front collision like the rear back up collision. Ordered in june, built in aug, delivered in sept!
20210929_160819.jpg
20210929_160807.jpg
20210929_160749.jpg
Could you post the SYNC 4 software version information for your truck?
Sponsored

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Iconic Silver Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ok no joke, this is really pissing me off. What is different with yours than mine? Mine has every option!
Perhaps just that mine, @Chease44, and @gvales trucks are recent build time frames? An updated Sync system that hasn't been pushed out to existing vehicles maybe? I can try to grab the Sync version tomorrow to compare.

If you have a fully loaded Platinum, the only differences we likely have would be that I have the CCD and Onboard Scales; everything else should be cosmetic differences.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Perhaps just that mine, @Chease44, and @gvales trucks are recent build time frames? An updated Sync system that hasn't been pushed out to existing vehicles maybe? I can try to grab the Sync version tomorrow to compare.

If you have a fully loaded Platinum, the only differences we likely have would be that I have the CCD and Onboard Scales; everything else should be cosmetic differences.
I’m gonna dig through FORSCAN too to see if there is anything in there to enable this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah I don’t see what could be different ?

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
look at the

Didi you look at my other post with sync version?
I think that could be it - my sync version is 20312, which is presumably older than 21136. Hopefully this means that using rear view cameras at speed will be part of a future OTA?

Annoyingly, the truck still says "no updates available" and my early access program account says that I'm "on the cutting edge"...

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think that could be it - my sync version is 20312, which is presumably older than 21136. Hopefully this means that using rear view cameras at speed will be part of a future OTA?

Annoyingly, the truck still says "no updates available" and my early access program account says that I'm "on the cutting edge"...
We need to find someone at ford who knows what is going on. This is so dumb haha

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I went through all of the forscan that I thought may effect it. IPMA, APIM, BCM etc. and enabled anything that has video or view at speed, video on demand, to no avail.

Curious, are these that are working in Canada only or U.S. as well?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I went through all of the forscan that I thought may effect it. IPMA, APIM, BCM etc. and enabled anything that has video or view at speed, video on demand, to no avail.

Curious, are these that are working in Canada only or U.S. as well?
This was gonna be what I tried today but looks like you saved me the trouble. Thank you for checking. This is frustrating for sure. I wonder if taking it to the dealer and complaining would work haha

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I have a job 1 build that doesn't allow viewing the cameras while driving, My dad just bought a new King Ranch that was a later build and it has that capability as well as provisions for a trailer camera. Feeling pretty jipped.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
my Trucks was build in the early summer and delivered in may 2021, i dont think it’s a hardware issue, probably Ford is waiting to push out the update. i got the 360 package that is still going for $750 On my xlt with high package. The camera is not an option on the side if u split the window, on the 12 in screen. …if ford doesnt explain why some trucks can and others can’t, Ford is going to piss off a lot of truck owners…especially those who got loaded trucks or higher trims like the 90g limited

Last edited:
OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
my Trucks was build in the early summer and delivered in may 2021, i dont think it’s a hardware issue, probably Ford is waiting to push out the update. i got the 360 package that is still going for $750 On my xlt with high package. this Is why buying later pays off. The camera is not an option on the side if u split the window….if ford doesnt explain why some trucks can and others can, Ford is going to piss off a lot of truck owners…especially those who go loaded trucks or higher trims like the 90g limited
Seriously. I better get this feature via update soon!! 77k for my truck.
Sponsored