Rear Camera Display: "Full View Not Available"

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
Finally got my new '22 past the 1000 mile break-in marker, so started hooking up trailers and getting them calibrated for working with Back Up Assist. I noticed (pretty hard not to...) the image in the rear camera view, with a prominent message "Full View Not Available". What is that all about? And the message is placed in a terrible location - blocking the view of cargo. Can this be turned off/disabled? FORScan?
Ford F-150 Rear Camera Display: "Full View Not Available" 20220508_121232
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I have not found an answer to this it's very frustrating though. It makes no sense for them to have done this.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Is that the tailgate camera, at speed?

I know the bed camera doesn't have that message, nor does the hitch view.

OP
OP
FirstFord

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not found an answer to this it's very frustrating though. It makes no sense for them to have done this.
Frank - Just idle curiosity: was your comment primarily driven by the photo that was attached, or have experienced this yourself? And I fully agree - it makes NO sense, and is VERY frustrating. But I'm not so interested in complaining about it as I am finding a solution!

Sponsored

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
Are you in reverse in the photo? Asking because of the auto park brake message. If so, just a theory:

The trailer dimensions may be blocking the parking sensors, making it think it's near a wall. it may then not show the full 180 degree view. If all that is true (again, IF) then a trailer mounted camera would be the fix.

OP
OP
FirstFord

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And yes, I also noticed the parking brake message - and have no idea what that is about - but that message is not in the way, as a visual obstruction, the way the "Full View Not Available" is, so it is less offensive (I can live with it... for now).

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Mine shows the same banner when I pull up the actual rearview camera while in Drive. The hitch view and bed camera do not have a banner over them while in Drive. Kind of odd, but I'm guessing there's a legal reason.

OP
OP
FirstFord

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine shows the same banner when I pull up the actual rearview camera while in Drive. The hitch view and bed camera do not have a banner over them while in Drive. Kind of odd, but I'm guessing there's a legal reason.
Of the 3 rear camera views (bed, hitch, and rear), my experience is the same as yours - the banner only pops up on the rear view (tailgate). I can't image what the legal reason would be. It is supposed to be for allowing the driver to check the cargo on the trailer (and that should be a good thing, right?). If you are experiencing it as well, then that tells me it is not a technical issue specifically with my truck.

Does anyone know if this can be altered/modified through FORScan?

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Of the 3 rear camera views (bed, hitch, and rear), my experience is the same as yours - the banner only pops up on the rear view (tailgate). I can't image what the legal reason would be. It is supposed to be for allowing the driver to check the cargo on the trailer (and that should be a good thing, right?). If you are experiencing it as well, then that tells me it is not a technical issue specifically with my truck.

Does anyone know if this can be altered/modified through FORScan?
Yeah, I definitely think it's by design and not a technical issue.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
And yes, I also noticed the parking brake message - and have no idea what that is about - but that message is not in the way, as a visual obstruction, the way the "Full View Not Available" is, so it is less offensive (I can live with it... for now).
Why I asked was because if I'm not mistaken, the auto park brake ready message should only display when in reverse. It may be that the programming of the tailgate camera is mainly for reversing. So, a further question: when you don't have a trailer connected, does the full view not available message show? If not, I would also guess that if you have a trailer hitched but the wiring not connected, it would also not show? If these are true, I'd guess that they've only made the full functionality of the tailgate view for reversing :unsure:

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So I just took a test drive, I don’t even have the option to view the tailgate at speed. Job 1 2021 build.
Ford F-150 Rear Camera Display: "Full View Not Available" 14577D92-74CC-4344-BB81-28DE69A26B75

Edit - I know she's dirty, its cleaning day....

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So I just took a test drive, I don’t even have the option to view the tailgate at speed. Job 1 2021 build.
14577D92-74CC-4344-BB81-28DE69A26B75.jpeg

Edit - I know she's dirty, its cleaning day....
Need to edit your as build