Sponsored

Rear axle, suspension knock / clunk - video

2THXTRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Tremor
I have a hollow knock / clunk coming from the rear of my 2022 Tremor 3.5. This can be heard and felt when starting from a stop and sometimes when coming to a stop. Sound for sure is coming from the rear section. Dealer couldn’t find anything, waiting for an apt later this week with their drive / suspension tech. Any experiences here on the forum with this one?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a hollow knock / clunk coming from the rear of my 2022 Tremor 3.5. This can be hard and felt when starting from a stop and sometimes when coming to a stop. Sound for sure is coming from the rear section. Dealer couldn’t find anything, wait g for an apt later this week with thier drive / suspension tech. Any experiences here on the forum with this one?
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Could have sworn I just saw a vid where someone's slip yoke was jamming and causing the clunk, and it was on a Tremor, too. The thread mentioned it was an easy fix. You should be able to see it stuttering on video if you put the cam on your trans output.

OP
OP
2THXTRM

2THXTRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Tremor
Yes, I did that as well. Was having trouble uploading yesterday. The yoke seems to slide easily? From a sound perspective it definitely seems localized towards the rear. I’ll look for the thread you mentioned…

OP
OP
2THXTRM

2THXTRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Tremor
Hey guys!

Closing the loop on this one. After a few trips to the dealer and a visit from a ford field engineer with chassis mic, brake stands and an alignment rack etc. it’s was determined that the rear drive shaft needed more lube on the splines than what came from the factory along with the front drive shaft needing to be replaced. Both were contributing to the clunk. Just got the truck back and she’s butter smooth. No clunk or feel of a clunk whatsoever.

Ford F-150 Rear axle, suspension knock / clunk - video D157C01A-8866-4921-B9BA-CBFEFE1891E4

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Hey guys!

Closing the loop on this one. After a few trips to the dealer and a visit from a ford field engineer with chassis mic, brake stands and an alignment rack etc. it’s was determined that the rear drive shaft needed more lube on the splines than what came from the factory along with the front drive shaft needing to be replaced. Both were contributing to the clunk. Just got the truck back and she’s butter smooth. No clunk or feel of a clunk whatsoever.

D157C01A-8866-4921-B9BA-CBFEFE1891E4.jpeg
Glad you have a good dealer and got it figured out!

OP
OP
2THXTRM

2THXTRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Tremor
Glad you have a good dealer and got it figured out!
Yes! They were good despite the time it took to get sorted out. They stuck with it even when the cause and fix were not obvious. My service guy had said that a different engineer had already reached out asking if they had found a fix, I guess he saw the case in their system and had a Tremor with the same issue.
Sponsored