Sponsored

ReadyRamp Bed Extender - Anyone Use?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
This looks like one of the better bed extenders I have seen. Does anyone have any comments or complaints about this? I do not like the rounded attached ones that swivel but are more "kind of permanent". This looks like you can fold it and store it more easily when not in use. Let me know your thoughts especially if you own one.

Ready Ramp Truck Bed Extender - Ready Ramp
Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
I just ordered one a day ago. Supposed to arrive my house Friday. My MY23 is at granger being prepped, so ramp will arrive before I grab my Lariat. I chose based on positive reviews from fellow dirt bike rider with a Chevy Colorado.

I plan to post a review with maybe some videos on install and actual use.

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just ordered one a day ago. Supposed to arrive my house Friday. My MY23 is at granger being prepped, so ramp will arrive before I grab my Lariat. I chose based on positive reviews from fellow dirt bike rider with a Chevy Colorado.

I plan to post a review with maybe some videos on install and actual use.
Great! Do come back and post a review. With that said you have to have one of the fastest orders I have seen. It is almost identical to mine too. You are even getting the spray in liner which adds time. Congrats on the new truck! You hit the timing button just perfect. Good luck with it!

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great! Do come back and post a review. With that said you have to have one of the fastest orders I have seen. It is almost identical to mine too. You are even getting the spray in liner which adds time. Congrats on the new truck! You hit the timing button just perfect. Good luck with it!
Will do.

I definitely got lucky on my order sneaking through while others are sitting in Dearborn or KC rail yard. None of Ford’s order/build fulfillment or priority makes sense!

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
This looks like one of the better bed extenders I have seen. Does anyone have any comments or complaints about this? I do not like the rounded attached ones that swivel but are more "kind of permanent". This looks like you can fold it and store it more easily when not in use. Let me know your thoughts especially if you own one.

Ready Ramp Truck Bed Extender - Ready Ramp
I have used a truck load of ramps to load motorcycles into the beds of my pickups. Right now, I use a hitch carrier with a short ramp. I back up onto the yard with my rear tires in the gutter. The bars never get above eye level on my FX4 F150. This carrying method allows me to use the bed as storage for muddy gear and bike parts.

FWIW, length of ramp really matters when you have to be able to hold the bars and walk/push. You really have almost no control once the bike is at the top of the ramp travel. The only ramp I really like is a 4' wide, solid ramp that allows me to walk beside the bikes up into the bed.

The wide ramps with rails scare the daylights out of me for walking bikes up. One false step and your foot falls through. With my luck, the bike lands on top of me and snaps my femur.

Sponsored

Stap9716

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 liconic silver lariat sport 5.0 157 wheelbase
I have used them for the last 20+ years and only on my 2nd one
This 2nd gen is lighter but still good maybe better?
great product!

Excellent for dirt bikes,have put heavier bikes on them without issues but obviously don't extreamly exceed weight ratings

they take a little technique to attach quickly if you are new to them,but great space saver
I highly reccomend if you ony need to bring one ramp

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
great product!

Excellent for dirt bikes,have put heavier bikes on them without issues but obviously don't extreamly exceed weight ratings

they take a little technique to attach quickly if you are new to them,but great space saver
They sell them in a 50 inch and 60 inch version. I am assuming it is the 50 inch I need. Can you tell me the length of your tailgate on your F150.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
60” is for full size. My ready ramp showed up. Seems well made. I hope to pick up my MY23 tomorrow or Wednesday and will try it out fairly quickly. Just dirt bikes here.

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
60” is for full size. My ready ramp showed up. Seems well made. I hope to pick up my MY23 tomorrow or Wednesday and will try it out fairly quickly. Just dirt bikes here.
Thanks for the reply. Dang if I would not have picked wrong. Good luck with it and your truck. I hope I get mine someday too.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the reply. Dang if I would not have picked wrong. Good luck with it and your truck. I hope I get mine someday too.
You made me do a quick check. From 60” description:

Made for full-sized trucks like the Ford F150, Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra and GM/Chevrolet full-sized trucks

Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
great product!

Any techniques you learned that you can share for load/unload? I’m moving from SUV and Kendon trailer to F150 and RR.

CRF250R and a KTM85SX. I’m guessing 75% of the time it’ll just be my son’s 85.

Also, do you do any “chock” on front of bed? I was looking at the high roller

High Roller HR501-10 Black 58" Moto Tie Bar
Amazon link: https://a.co/d/8uDPVPw

Thx!

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You made me do a quick check. From 60” description:

Made for full-sized trucks like the Ford F150, Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra and GM/Chevrolet full-sized trucks
Well that helps. I need to double check the websites.

I am hoping I can spin it around and either use it for a bed extender or flip it into the bed and use it as a back stop for a small cubbie area in the bed for stuff I do not want to go flying to the front. It really looks like a nice item. Thanks again for checking!

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well that helps. I need to double check the websites.

I am hoping I can spin it around and either use it for a bed extender or flip it into the bed and use it as a back stop for a small cubbie area in the bed for stuff I do not want to go flying to the front. It really looks like a nice item. Thanks again for checking!
I’m not sure how you’d use inward? The “tie down system” is configured to attach to tailgate when open and may be too wide to use inside the bed? Maybe at an angle?

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m not sure how you’d use inward? The “tie down system” is configured to attach to tailgate when open and may be too wide to use inside the bed? Maybe at an angle?
Yeah that is something I will have to look at when I get the truck. I may be able to use the box link setup somehow, but we will see. I ordered one so I might have it before my truck.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve used twice now:
1. Just unload a little CRf110
2. RT to indoor track last night with sons ktm85 (140 pounds or so, same as CRF110 😀 )

For my use (load/unload dirt bikes and security of a bed extender during the drive, I don’t think there’s a better option.

+ build quality is very good
+ 60” when unfolded is a great length and works well with the tailgate
+ felt wide enough (I don’t think I’d want narrower)
- the straps for connection are adequate, but it is definitively not rock solid connection. I’m not worried it’ll go any where, but I’m sure it’s moving a little with bumps. I did add an extra strap across it between the tailgate tie downs (I use it for attaching ramp to hitch while loading, so why not)

I don’t think there’s another option for a bed extender that’s easily removed? I could likely get away without a bed extender and a different ramp (StepRamp is well reviewed), but I like the extra safety of a bed extender.

Another guy at track has one and uses with a Chevy Colorado. He loves it as he jams the bed full and takes advantage of the tailgate space. I’m mot sure i’ll need the tailgate space. Maybe with 3 dirt bikes back there?

If permanently mounting, there must be better options that have a solider connection.

hope this helps.
Sponsored

Last edited: