First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I ordered a King Ranch this week. Didn't get max recline seats because of the delay nor would I ever use them. I wanted Guard color but you can't build it with deployable running boards. The GM called 2 of his VP's and they agreed that for some reason if you want Guard you can't get deployable running boards. Makes no sense so went with black. $72,536 MSRP. My cost $66,840 less rebates.
You could always install after-market deployable running boards like I plan to do.
IMHO the deployable running boards from Amp Research (https://www.amp-research.com) are better that the factory installs. They include lights, and drop lower than factory. The one thing that could be a significant difference depending on your needs/preferences is the the AMP running boards only deploy when you open the doors, whereas the factory ones can be deployed with your remote, or foot proximity sensor depending on your trim if I'm not mistaken, but that's not a issue/need for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Congrats man! My local dealer gave me 2k under invoice on mine. Platinum, star white, fx4, 5.5 bed, 701A high, diesel, max trailer tow, twin panel moon roof, spray in bed liner, lockable storage, fender liners, interior work surface, tow mirrors. Net price 75,810, got it for 68,183 before rebates. Now working on getting some kind of PCO lol!

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
The GM called 2 of his VP's and they agreed that for some reason if you want Guard you can't get deployable running boards. Makes no sense so went with black.
There are lots of UNavailable combinations that just BAFFLE my mind.
Why FOrd choses to lock us out of certain choices makes NO SENSE to me at all sometimes..

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I ordered a King Ranch this week. Didn't get max recline seats because of the delay nor would I ever use them. I wanted Guard color but you can't build it with deployable running boards. The GM called 2 of his VP's and they agreed that for some reason if you want Guard you can't get deployable running boards. Makes no sense so went with black. $72,536 MSRP. My cost $66,840 less rebates.
I thought deployable running boards were standard on the KR. I know it is on the KR 601A, which is what I ordered. Must have the deployables, love how easy it makes getting in and out.

mortgagemaniac

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 King Ranch, 2018 Expedition
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I thought deployable running boards were standard on the KR. I know it is on the KR 601A, which is what I ordered. Must have the deployables, love how easy it makes getting in and out.
They are standard on the high end package. If I chose the Guard color then checked the 601A package it immediately required me to change the color to black. I figured it was a glich that the dealership would overcome but no.

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
They are standard on the high end package. If I chose the Guard color then checked the 601A package it immediately required me to change the color to black. I figured it was a glich that the dealership would overcome but no.
Per a note that Currybob posted, the power steps will only be installed at the Dearborn plant.
The Guard color is only supplied at the KCM plant

That would be the reason it is not available

Seems to me that Dearborn is concentrating on the high end vehicles,
and KCM is geared more for more mundane cars.

Regular cab
8’ft bed
are among the KCM only

i ordered a SuperCab 8’ Xlt

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
Per a note that Currybob posted, the power steps will only be installed at the Dearborn plant.

Seems to me that Dearborn is concentrating on the high end vehicles,
and KCM is geared more for more mundane cars.

Regular cab
8’ft bed
are among the KCM only

i ordered a SuperCab 8’ Xlt
Yes, I read that the PowerBoost is only in Dearborn, which is likely why I couldn’t have a PowerBoost with the Heavy Duty Payload Package (HDPP being Kansas City only).

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
I wonder if that is why I could only get a BLACK interior on my Rapid Red colored Platinum.
Soooo wanted the Carmello interior instead. :(

mortgagemaniac

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 King Ranch, 2018 Expedition
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer

Now THAT makes sense! Thanks Bryan!

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
I have a very similarly equipped truck except in a King Ranch. I didn't do the max recline because of the delay of that option, I ordered the Chrome option and 7.2 kw generator on mine. MSRP $75055.

My dealer did the $1000 below invoice and I get whatever incentives are available at delivery. Also they have a low DOC fee of $299.

Don't know that I will see any incentives this early in the year but they may offer the $1250 rebate I see sometimes if you Ford finance. I traded a 2018 (still will show tax break) that they already have taken that was paid for so won't finance much.
Hi Bob, what's the name of the dealership that you used? I'm in Dothan and will be searching for a similar deal as yours. Thanks.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hi Bob, what's the name of the dealership that you used? I'm in Dothan and will be searching for a similar deal as yours. Thanks.
They are not far from you, it's in Albertville, be sure and tell them I sent you and you want the same deal as mine. I'm an hour south of them and have done the drive 3 times for a better deal and a better trade-in.
Gilbert & Baugh Ford
Albertville, AL
256-891-3000-office

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
They are not far from you, it's in Albertville, be sure and tell them I sent you and you want the same deal as mine. I'm an hour south of them and have done the drive 3 times for a better deal and a better trade-in.
Gilbert & Baugh Ford
Albertville, AL
256-891-3000-office
Thanks, I will give them a call.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just got my first quote and it wasn't to good. I'm going to get a few more. I might have to drive to Iowa.

I was able to put that build together for you. As you requested I will have everything listed below.

- 4x4 SuperCrew
- Iconic Silver
- 3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid
- K/R Chrome Appearance
- Tow Tech Bundle
- Wheel well liners
- Power Pro Onboard 7.2KW

MSRP - 71,065

We can sell for 67,371.90 minus rebates if any, plus TT&L

Address: 1003 US Hwy 82W | Whitesboro, TX 76273
Phone: (903) 564-3594
Web: www.holidayautogroup.com

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just got my first quote and it wasn't to good. I'm going to get a few more. I might have to drive to Iowa.

I was able to put that build together for you. As you requested I will have everything listed below.

- 4x4 SuperCrew
- Iconic Silver
- 3.5L PowerBoost Hybrid
- K/R Chrome Appearance
- Tow Tech Bundle
- Wheel well liners
- Power Pro Onboard 7.2KW

MSRP - 71,065

We can sell for 67,371.90 minus rebates if any, plus TT&L

Address: 1003 US Hwy 82W | Whitesboro, TX 76273
Phone: (903) 564-3594
Web: www.holidayautogroup.com